Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

[QUOTE=lostwhiteboyy;5002670]I just got back vacation (on a cruise i got married) and i'm trying to catch up on all the new news. and i'm just wondering do i still have to do this? Cause i noticed bigboss's directions does not have this step. Thanks in advamce!

Congratulations.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Last week I have jailbreaked my 3gs with blackra1n and jailbreaking went well, but then when I turned off my phone it wonˇt turn back on, just stayed on silver apple. I have tried a couple of times and every time the same thing. Today I have jailbreaked with blackra1n v2.0 and now is everything ok.

Has anyone been able to jailbreak their phone (3g, 3.1.2) and STILL been able to tether the internet? I REALLY need this ability by the weekend... I could do WITHOUT MMS!!!
    Can someone redirect me if you don't know the answer?
    Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy. View Post
    That was easy, installing Cydia now. This just get's easier and easier!

iPhone 3GS out of box 3.1 FW
    EDIT! I can get on Cydia, but when I download things they don't work! Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone is stuck in recovery mode.
    how can i get pass that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rsd1Day View Post
    My iPhone is stuck in recovery mode.
    how can i get pass that.
    Hold the Power button down and Home button at the same time till you see the apple logo. Should boot back up. Remember to hit the thanks button if i helped !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

shaldi (2009-10-24)

I have a big problem with my brand new iPhone 3GS! I updated it with iTunes to 3.1.2 and when I jb'ed it with blackra1n my phone didn't boot again and I had to wake it up with iTunes Restore button since my phone didn't responce to power button. Now there is blackra1n icon but when I press it, it crashes right away! And that's not the biggest problem, now my phone won't go to the recovery mode! When I try to jb it again, blackra1n stucks to "waiting recovery" or something like that, and when I press restore in iTunes it says "iPhone cannot be restored".
    What can I do? Phone works fine but i really want to jb it! =)
    Thanking you wise ppl in advance!

EDIT: Couldn't figure anything out :< iPhone still stays at blackscreen when entering recovery mode! Hopefully I didn't f**k up my brand new iPhone :<! PLEASE HELP ME!?
    Last edited by Stobe; 2009-10-21 at 04:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried it....didn't work for me at all. Oh well. Just have to do a restore with custom FW.

On a 3G you just have to keep trying - it should work eventually. It took Geo 6 attempts on a friends phone!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    On a 3G you just have to keep trying - it should work eventually. It took Geo 6 attempts on a friends phone!
    It took me god knows how many times ( I actually stopped counting after about 10 tries) on my previous 3G. But it goes there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Stobe View Post
    I have a big problem with my brand new iPhone 3GS! I updated it with iTunes to 3.1.2 and when I jb'ed it with blackra1n my phone didn't boot again and I had to wake it up with iTunes Restore button since my phone didn't responce to power button. Now there is blackra1n icon but when I press it, it crashes right away! And that's not the biggest problem, now my phone won't go to the recovery mode! When I try to jb it again, blackra1n stucks to "waiting recovery" or something like that, and when I press restore in iTunes it says "iPhone cannot be restored".

EDIT: Couldn't figure anything out :< iPhone still stays at blackscreen when entering recovery mode! Hopefully I didn't f**k up my brand new iPhone :<! PLEASE HELP ME!?
    I think your best bet is to try and format it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Stobe View Post

Last edited by akash_nu; 2009-10-21 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by akash_nu View Post
    It took me god knows how many times ( I actually stopped counting after about 10 tries) on my previous 3G. But it goes there eventually.

noob question: how can i format it?
    edit: now my iphone goes to this ""recovery mode"" (blackscreen) when i unplug iphone from my computer! tbh this s**t is driving me crazy... how this can be possible that so simple program as blackra1n can f**kup my iphone? and no one can even help me with this...
    Last edited by Stobe; 2009-10-21 at 07:14 PM.

i havent read every single page but it seems everyone is running this with windows computers. anybody sucessfully jb with a mac?

i just downloaded the mac version of blackrain but my iphone wont be here till friday (ordered it yesterday)

my specs:
    iphone 3Gs 32 gb (not sure if it has the new bootloader. i ordered from at&t online on the 20th)

apple MacBook pro 13 inch runing mac osx 10.5.7

should i be able to sucessfully jailbreak with this setup? dont want to brick my new phone

(ps. im not a noob to jailbreaking... just jailbreaking a 3gs on a mac)

Check the s/no - if it is after week 40 it will have the new BL and can't be JB - before can be week 40 is hit and miss - you'll have to check.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

djfantom (2009-10-22)

i have a iphone 3g.... i tried this a couple times like 2 days ago and it didnt work.. tried it again today, and it worked perfectly.. It's extremely fast, and so far so good... so my advice is, if it doesn't work at first just keep tryin... ITS WORTH IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
    i havent read every single page but it seems everyone is running this with windows computers. anybody sucessfully jb with a mac?

i just downloaded the mac version of blackrain but my iphone wont be here till friday (ordered it yesterday)

my specs:
    iphone 3Gs 32 gb (not sure if it has the new bootloader. i ordered from at&t online on the 20th)

apple MacBook pro 13 inch runing mac osx 10.5.7

should i be able to sucessfully jailbreak with this setup? dont want to brick my new phone

(ps. im not a noob to jailbreaking... just jailbreaking a 3gs on a mac)
    I JB'd my friends week 40 3GS on the Mac using pwnagetool.
    Before you get too bogged down in trying to JB it I would check the iBoot version. You're on a Mac so put the iPhone into DFU mode and then run System Profiler and view the USB device. If you have iBoot-359.3 you are good to go, if you have iBoot-359.3.2 you are screwed (for now)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chromium For This Useful Post:

djfantom (2009-10-22)

thanks guys for the responses. cant wait for friday. hoping for the best

Default apps
    wen done jailbreaking can i add apps via itunes using appsync on 3.1.2.. any replies to this question would be of great help.tnx in adnvce

Is it worth updating my ipod touch 1G 8gb running 3.0 jailbroken? And if so could you tell me why and if everything will work still?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Blackra1n work with itunes 9 ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

took the plunge and was all done in under 3 mins

Windows XP with iphone 3gs 16gig 3.12, newest version of blackra1n. I turned off zone alarm and AVG and itunes. Didnt shut off anything else.

Yes it works with the latest Itunes
    Last edited by equlizer; 2009-10-23 at 07:26 AM.

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast