Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    for everyone struggling in this thesame way I did, this fix is easy after some hardcore researching and 8 glasses of whiskey... lol
    go to your processes running in the background and end the process of iTunesHelper.exe and run the blackra1n.exe from your C:/ drive ...

Nope nogo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you can kill all apple or itunes processes do that.. I tried at least 80 times on 3 different computers and OS's and thats the only way it worked

hey everybody,

i havent gone through this thread entirely, went through the first 4-5 pages so i apologize if this question has already been asked and i didn't see it before posting.

i have an iphone 3gs 16gb. im running on 3.1 unlocked with modem firmware 5.11. the phone is unlocked but not jailbroken or hacktivated.

now according to what i gather, if i upgrade to 3.1.2 in order to jailbreak with blackra1n, it will upgrade my baseband. does that mean that i can then downgrade to 3.0 and unlock/jailbreak/activate????

ok guys so after alot of times this thing failing for me i finally got it to work.... i restored my phone to factory settings and let it finish until it asked me if i wanted to restore from back up and immediately closed itunes, ran blackra1n as admin, make it rain, itunes opened immediately and told me sim card not recognized, i closed itunes immediately and geohot face came up within seconds and said jailbreak complete wait for reboot and FINALLY WORKED!! HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE

dear StealthBravo

after use blackra1n, iphone browser can't see system folder to copy /System/Library/Lockdown/, how i can copy service.plist to there
    Last edited by dminh; 2009-10-13 at 01:10 PM.

Didn't work for me - I have a 2G - updated using Itunes - ran Blackra1n - the phone showed the blackra1n picture and said it was 'done waiting for reboot' and gets stuck. Of course my phone now wants to activate with AT&T which I don't want. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well I guess some more ways to try Hope this works
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damien6 View Post
    hey everybody,

i havent gone through this thread entirely, went through the first 4-5 pages so i apologize if this question has already been asked and i didn't see it before posting.

i have an iphone 3gs 16gb. im running on 3.1 unlocked with modem firmware 5.11. the phone is unlocked but not jailbroken or hacktivated.

now according to what i gather, if i upgrade to 3.1.2 in order to jailbreak with blackra1n, it will upgrade my baseband. does that mean that i can then downgrade to 3.0 and unlock/jailbreak/activate????

nope your unlock is gone....read the the first page of the thread. once your baseband is updated, your hit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mEat.hEad For This Useful Post:

damien6 (2011-03-27)

Hello all just wanted to share my experience.

OS - WinXP SP3
    iPhone 3g 8gb

I was having issues with the jailbreak stalling after running blackra1n. It would never show the geohot screen. It would just stop responding.

After a just a little bit of searching I found a suggestion to try a different USB port. After doing this the jailbreak was successful.

Other than that I just followed the instructions.

So far as I can tell this jailbreak everything works just as it did with the previous jailbreak. Unfortunately I didn't back up my cydia apps, so I had to reinstall all of those. No biggie. I know better for next time.

Only issue I experienced was installing both Cydia and Icy. Cydia worked fine and I decided to install Icy. After doing so, my Cydia broke and suggested I recover. I got it straightened out, but to be quite honest I don't remember exactly what steps I took. I just did a little googling and some hacking and wacking and got it all working again. I don't currently have Icy installed.
    Last edited by txgtr; 2009-10-13 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update

I finally got the jailbreak to work after switching the USB port I was using but now I keep losing my Data Network. Doing a full restore back to 3.1.2 to see if that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by engineer_pisey View Post
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE 3.1 and 3.1.2 have the same baseband or not? my 3gs iphone is now running 3.1...i want to upgrade to 3.1.2...can i downgrade back if i do so? i want to future unlock the phone as now m doom with the 3.1 that is not unlockable...if the 3.1 and 3.1.2 have the same base band i want to update...
    thank for any reply please...
    yeah, 3.1 and 3.1.2 is the same baseband. update it n it is unlock also, as long ur pc stay on internet connection after restore has finish. when its lock, connect ur iphone to itune n let it communicate with apple store n send unlock to ur iphone. gd luck.

Smile Many Attempts...
    I know it sucks that its not working for everyone, I have tried everything... even laying the phone on the ground and doing an indian dance with some howling in there yelling make it rain, make it rain... but oh well, i am still trying... so far only had to restore completely once.... keep trying everyone, I'm sure you and i will see this face everyone is talking about

does it install cydia?

Default Sweet Totally newb proof
    Couldn't get any easier Thank You Very Much

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    does it install cydia?
    No, but it will give you the option to install cydia, Rock, or icy.

I've heard different things regarding what you can install.

I ran into problems when installing both Cydia and Icy. With just Cydia by itself, no problems.

Umm... Blackra1n ROCKS!! BUT why are none of the cool jailbreak apps working?? SBSetings, Winterboard, Backgrounder, ect. iPhone 3G 3.1.2 and it seems like every time it tries to respring it crashes. How can this be resolved or do we have to wait for those apps to update??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks for the jailbreak, so quick and easy. Im running a iphone 3g 8gb. Can anyone tell how and if I can delete the black rain app from my iphone now? I have installed cydia etc.

Thanks
    Danny

Here were my successfull results.

Restore Iphone to factory
    before carrier update and new phone setup I exited itunes
    stoped boujour service and ipod helper from task manager services tab
    ran blackra1n as admistrator. phone went in to recovery mode and blackra1n geohot pic shows up right away. Let it rain then went back to itunes and restored from a backup,updated carrier settings and whoala jailbroken iphone!!

Vista Home Premium 32bit

Default confused
    I have a 3gs that is unlocked and working on T-mobile. If i use blackra1n well I lose my unlock?

Apps are working for me just fine.

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast