Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

I have a question. I am currently on 3.0.1 with tethering and mms. In cydia it says that i have a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file. I have teathering and I have MMS using the 5.1 carrier hack. Now my question is.. Should I just hold out and wait for a windows based jb from the dev team or use blackra1n and make it ra1n now. Im dont want to mess anything up if I already have a ECID file on Saurik's server.. What do you guys think I should do honestly be gentle this is my first iphone and I first jb with purplera1n and since updated to redsnow. So I'm still a noob

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post
    SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION

For all of you having issueswith 3g not working (getting stuck on restore screen) here is the solution.

First..make sure you RESTORED to 3.1.2 NOT UPGRADED. If not, do that.

If you are still having issues...

Make sure you are running the program for your root C: drive and not using any compatability modes (worked in windows 7 fine for me).
    ALso close the ituneshelper.exe application running in the background., while the phone is stuck in restore mood, manually Put it into DFU mode manually while still plugged in(google it if needed)
    Reboot it from DFU mode and it will recognize the phone and jailbreak it completely.

Worked on 3 3g units I have here.

This should cure it all

Noisy

g luck!
    this worked for me perfectly, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post
    SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION

For all of you having issueswith 3g not working (getting stuck on restore screen) here is the solution.

First..make sure you RESTORED to 3.1.2 NOT UPGRADED. If not, do that.

If you are still having issues...

Make sure you are running the program for your root C: drive and not using any compatability modes (worked in windows 7 fine for me).
    ALso close the ituneshelper.exe application running in the background., while the phone is stuck in restore mood, manually Put it into DFU mode manually while still plugged in(google it if needed)
    Reboot it from DFU mode and it will recognize the phone and jailbreak it completely.

Worked on 3 3g units I have here.

This should cure it all

Noisy

g luck!
    THIS WORKS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ok guys, first update to 3.1.2 and all that...then you need to RESTORE to 3.1.2!!! Thats the #1 thing most (including myself) does not do! RESTORE FIRST! Plug the phone in, click restore..wait til its all done, and til you get back to factory settings and the phone at the main screen where it says "iPhone is activated or whatever. THEN make sure you install the program to the C: drive..go to My Computer >>>> C: and drag the program there! Then once you have all that done, open the program and make it rain! Worked perfectly! Finally!

Thank you and hope fully this helps others.

Worked great for me on two 3gs's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mEat.hEad View Post
    i did my reading, but am confused, if the root is not accessible, how can i modify the .plist? i can only access the diskaid folder, and the media folder (i assume this is what the problem is...)

thanks.
    answered my own question. wow, i really am a meathead :_]

Quote Originally Posted by mEat.hEad View Post
    i did my reading, but am confused, if the root is not accessible, how can i modify the .plist? i can only access the diskaid folder, and the media folder (i assume this is what the problem is...)

thanks.
    Reboot and DiskAid 3.1 can see everything.
    Onering2rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I dont know if it has anything to do with the jailbreak but my sounds are really low that i can barely hear my phone. I'm gonna have to figure out how to fix that. It wasnt like this until after the jailbreak

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just successfully jailbreaked my 3GS while it was running on 3.1(not 3.1.2). Accidentally hit let it ran while my iPhone was plugged in just to see the next screen and it throw my iPhone into recovery mode (after unplugging it)with pics and videos I wanted to get off. After not being able to get it out of recovery, I figured I would just go through the jailbreak with my 3.1 and see if it works and it did =)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3xChamp View Post
    Yay! Firstly Geohot is a genius! Secondly, thanks to everyone that posted as it was a combination of things that worked for me. I have 3G, and running vista 32bit!

I disabled all itunes services via msconfig- start menu...run...msconfig.

I disabled also 'bonjour' in services. I restarted mc pc after fully restoring and updating.

Itunes completely off and all programs off, ie web browser, etc and ran that baby!

Its all good now. Thanks again!:::
    Thanks. Just killing bonjour didn't work, but after killing anything iTunes related I was good to go.

How do you tell if the jailbroke worked? I jailbroke my touch and had a raindrop on the touch, I tried my phone and nothing.???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    hey can u guys help me with something the main reason i jailbreak is for sb settings ya i know sad but anyways i installed in on 3.1.2 jailbroken 3g and its installed but when i swipe i get no drop down box? so my question is who has got it working and if you could help me with it

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

You Need to Install Cydia. It's in the Blackra1n App.

Try Removing it and then reinstall it.
    Last edited by AKCHRIS; 2009-10-13 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks
    i installed all three of them one by one and still cant get sb settings to work or do u mean i just need cydia and dont install others?

also ive done that and restored many times and re jailbroken same result would it be possible if u could if u have it post the sbsettings.app
    Last edited by theman12321; 2009-10-13 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Jail Break WORKS!! THANKS GEO!!!
    Just wanted too say THANKS GEO. I couldn't figure out HOW..after 2 DAYS!!!and ALMOST GIVING UP UNTIL..Dev-Team came out with something Like Redsn0w..I FINALLY GOT IT..LMAO..All I needed too Do what STOP BONJOUR..LOL..AWSOME MAN...AWSOME...
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

For what ever reason I cant jailbreak the iphone 3g. I do everything it says but the Blackrain just stays on "running" and the iphone stays on the screen with the Itunes logo with USB. I have to hit the power button to stop it. When I do that it says its jailbroken but when it restarts there is no Blackrain Icon and nothing else to suggest its jailbroke.

This is in the notesheet thats left over from blackrain

INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: callbacks registered
    INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: internal device callback called
    INFO: callbacks registered
    INFO: sent enter recovery command
    INFO: internal recovery callback called
    INFO: unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: send command started
    INFO: file opened
    ioctl: 1
    INFO: command setenv auto-boot true sent
    ioctl: 0
    INFO: command saveenv sent
    send payload: 0
    INFO: start sending exploit
    INFO: exploit closed 0
    sent exploit
    INFO: command geohot sent
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
    send picture: -1
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
    send ramdisk: -1
    INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
    For what ever reason I cant jailbreak the iphone 3g. I do everything it says but the Blackrain just stays on "running" and the iphone stays on the screen with the Itunes logo with USB. I have to hit the power button to stop it. When I do that it says its jailbroken but when it restarts there is no Blackrain Icon and nothing else to suggest its jailbroke.

This is in the notesheet thats left over from blackrain
    hey i got the same message like 100 times and just out of no where it worked lol so as of right now its chance and nothing else lol

hey i jailbroke my iphone last night and today when trying to get fcsb from cydia it keeps saying i need firmware >= 2.2 any clue how to fix this? i am running 3.1.2 it did this for another tweak saying i needed firmware >= 3.0 also

Hello people, after trying a hundred times use blackra1n with no success, I finally got it working. Here what i did (sorry my poor english):

1. restarted my computer after installing the latest iTunes;
    2. unchecked the compability on blackra1n file properties;
    3. with iTunes running, i turned on my iphone (3.1.2 updated);

Everybody says that you have to turn off and on your iPhone. But mine was on all the time. Then i did as the following:

4. Clicked on blackra1n file as Adm;
    5. Program started and showed "waiting for phone";
    6. I just unplugged the phone (on) from USB and plugged again;
    7. Got a error message from iTunes. Just closed it;
    8. Blackra1n stared the recovery process;

I don't remember if i got stuck on "running". Maybe, because I remember I closed and ran blackra1n again, took the phone (still on) from USB once more and reconected, and the face of geohot just shown up, and the program finished its job.

Everything is working just fine!

Using Windows Vista with SP2, and iPhone 3G 8Gb.
    Last edited by danielcsoares; 2009-10-13 at 07:27 AM.

well I ran it as admin and it went through like it did with my touch, but the blackrain icon wont show up.

Thanks

for everyone struggling in this thesame way I did, this fix is easy after some hardcore researching and 8 glasses of whiskey... lol
    go to your processes running in the background and end the process of iTunesHelper.exe and run the blackra1n.exe from your C:/ drive ...

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast