Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did this last night on my buddy's 3gs and it worked like a charm, i put rock on his phone to try it out instead of cydia, it's a lot faster than cydia and works nicely

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

after JB'ing my 3G S, I installed openSSH and terminal, my device seems a bit laggy. email opens slower, games load slower. maybe it is just my imagination... any one else notice a little lag after you load up a few "unapproved apps"?

If by "unapproved apps" you mean illegal hacked apps then the answer is simple.
    Don't use them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If by "unapproved apps" you mean illegal hacked apps then the answer is simple.
    Don't use them.
    no. i would never use JB'ing for stealing apps. ( as a matter of fact, i wish that little issue never came up and maybe JB'ing wouldn't be such a big deal with Apple )
    I like to have SSH access to my iPhone, openSSH is "unapproved"
    that is what i meant.

I have openSSH on my phone and have noticed no lag and my phone seems quicker than 3.1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I have openSSH on my phone and have noticed no lag and my phone seems quicker than 3.1
    quicker than 3.1? what are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    ok..FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS Trying too Jail Break with Blackra1n and are STUCK on Blackra1n in the fixed RUNNING mode. TRY THIS---->
    1. Back Up your phone
    2. Turn off your Iphone AFTER your Done Backing it Up
    3. Turn off Bonjour(if your having problems looking for this.For Vista Just hit Start(Windows Button) type in the Start Search Area "Services" then look for Bonjour then Stop Serivce.
    4. After you have Done all this..Repeat as You did B4 and you Should get Geo's FACE on your Iphone..And then once it's done rebooting look for the blackra1n App.
    tried several different variations of this and still can't get it to work .. .. .
    vista 32bit, iphone 3G

it also seems unlikely geohot will release a new version that could possibly fix these issues

latest tweet
    going back to my real life now, may write mac version of #blackra1n but no promises. thanks for all your support!!!
    fix the windows version first!
    Last edited by silent1643; 2009-10-12 at 02:36 PM.

I did my first JB yesterday of my 3.1.2 3gs. It worked great, and I'm thrilled with the results! However, I can't get anything that runs on the springboard to work - winterboard being one example. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or need to do first, being an official noob? Thanks!
    Melanie

I don't reallyu know i'm sorryu i'm no help but i am having the same exact problem...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    Ok just did my 3G on Windows Xp and it went smoothly.Cydia needed a few resprings but works
    O.K. its good news for 3G
    Can I do the same whereas sim is not Apple official carrier, and pls advise what to install from Cydia.

Thanks for the help !

PS: IS IT ONLY JAILBREAKING BY BLACKRA1N AND OR ALSO UNLOCKED...

I too was also stuck on running with the itunes-usb pic. After you update to 3.1.2, make sure you restore, but dont add your music yet. Also, follow this : UPDATED: BlackRa1n stuck at the “Running…” Screen? Here’s the fix! Cydia Updates That Matter This worked perfect for me, hope it helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by mamirza View Post
    o.k. Its good news for 3g
    can i do the same whereas sim is not apple official carrier, and pls advise what to install from cydia.

Thanks for the help !

Ps: Is it only jailbreaking by blackra1n and or also unlocked...
    do not use blackra1n if you rely on unlock, it will not unlock!
    Last edited by nhstunner; 2009-10-12 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile Working at Last
    Heya guys.. This is my first time JB an what a ride it has been lol.. First of all im using iPhone 3G an Windows Vista..

I have been tryin to get it all work all morning with the same old connect to itunes thing comin up i also tryed on a vista desktop an xp still the same, i read all the posts hear tryed turning off serives an all that still nofink so i had one last go and what i did was Download from mega link instead proba site an it worked without turning stuff off an all thaht first time an bang hope this can help some people..

Quote Originally Posted by frank358fr View Post
    Hi,
    I have a iPhone 2G and I wanna know if I upgrade to 3.1.2 will I be able to activate it?
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Frank
    need help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

geohot has released his tool blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2 for ALL devices. This is a windows only release for now. iPod Touch 3rd generations must have their device plugged in and have to run blackra1n on every boot (tethered).

DO NOT USE THIS TOOL IF YOU NEED AN UNLOCK. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO RESTORE TO 3.1.2 PRIOR TO USING, WHICH WILL UPGRADE YOUR BASEBAND!

Instructions:
    1. Update or Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes (BASEBAND WILL BE UPGRADED FOR 3G AND 3GS)
    2. Launch blackra1n
    3. Press "make it ra1n"
    4. Enjoy!

geohot:

Download blackra1n here:
    blackra1n
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    MegaUpload

Please post your success stories or problems here.
    Enjoy!

Via blkcadi:

Take heed people.
    Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team's offerings. Also blackra1n doesn't hacktivate.

TO FIX ISSUES WITH IPHONE BROWSER, DISK AID, AND OTHER USB BROWSING SOFTWARE:

blackra1n doesn't patch the services.plist. You will have to do it manually to get usb browsing back.

SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist

Copy Services.plist (copy the original for backup) to your computer and open it in a plist editor or a text editor. Add the following info:

Paste the following key/dict combo above the line that reads
    <key>com.apple.crashreportcopy</key>

PHP Code:
        com.apple.afc2

Label
            com
    .apple.afc2
            ProgramArguments

/usr/libexec/afcd

--lockdown

-d

or if you are lazy, here is a pre-patched services.plist

I recommend editing your own services.plist tho. Reboot your phone and you should be able to use whatever USB browser you want.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by frank358fr View Post
    need help
    please read the original post again. Your answer is written in red, in bold

i'm trying to jailbrake my friend's phone, she has a 3G, she had the phone jailbrake, we just update to 3.1.2 but the BlackRa1n gets stuck on
    the Itunes - Usb Plug Logo.. and the Program shows Running...
    Any suggestions ?

does not want to work on my 3G, Blackrain says its running but nothing seems to happen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acm0810 View Post
    i'm trying to jailbrake my friend's phone, she has a 3G, she had the phone jailbrake, we just update to 3.1.2 but the BlackRa1n gets stuck on
    Any suggestions ?
    if it helps- you restore to 3.1.2, not just a regular upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Exclamation UPDATED: BlackRa1n stuck at the “Running…” Screen? Here’s the fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by acm0810 View Post
    Any suggestions ?

UPDATED: BlackRa1n stuck at the “Running…” Screen? Here’s the fix!

Pls read this...

Default Finally works!
    Okay! So the 30-sec jailbreak was actually a 6 hour jailbreak for me. But here's how I got it -

1. Win XP SP2 (32-bit) [My primary OS is Vista Home Premium 64-bit, no luck on that one.]
    2. Fresh restore iPhone to 3.1.2, once done, let iTunes activate the phone, set it up as new, do NOT sync!
    3. Go to Settings and do the "Erase all Content and Settings".
    4. In Windows, Start > Run > taskmgr
    5. Kill iTunes.exe and iTuneshelper.exe .
    6. iPodService.exe and AppleMobileDevice.exe must be runnning!
    7. Run blackra1n (do NOT uncheck "save my computer....")

Make it Ra1n!

PS: I had to disable my Nod32 to get this to work.

Hope this helps. PM for more detail if everything above is not clear enough.

Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast