Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
    This is what I did so it would work on my Vista 32-bit.

1. Close iTunes
    2. Turn your phone completely off (slide to power off)
    3. While your phone is off, open up Blackra1n and click on "Make it Rain!"
    4. Then power up your phone.
    5. There you go, it should work. It worked for me at least.. Twice.
    how many times did u have to do this i know u got it twice but 2/what

- Plugged in the iPhone
    - Started msconfig and unchecked Bonjour and iPod Service under the Services tab.
    - Started iTunes

- Right clicked on blackra1n and selected properties. Choose Windows XP SP3 in Compability mode
    - Started blackra1n - ran as Administrator
    - Waited for it to finish
    - Installed Cydia

thanks to the guy that first posted these instructions because they work.
    I don't suggest messing with msconfig for novice Windows users. Just go to Administrative services, then open Services, then disable Bonjour and Ipod Service. Then enable them once your are finished

GUYS YOU MUST STOP and THEN DISABLE the Itunes Service, Bonjour, and the Ipod Service or this WILL NOT WORK.

it only took me 10 minutes to do this because you just can't stop the services. You must disable them Itunes will start them back up for some reason
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 2009-10-12 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    everyone is on cydia right ow.. its just probably traffic... give it a while
    No it wasn't tha i was a bug that was casuing it not t update anyything on my ipod i had to restore it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angry_kreyon View Post
    ok, after watching for a day and seeing what everyone was going through I finally decided to upgrade my 3G(2ndG)16gb (iPhone) running 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 haveing only a few JB'd apps, I figured what the heck. I have had no trouble in the past with GEOHOT's apps so I figured this would be easy, not really so this time, but becasue I work on PC's for a living I was able to learn a few things along the way which I think will help some folks here. so here goes.

Installing (blackRa1n):
    1. first sync phone, then run the update and let iTunes take the phone to 3.1.2
    2. when its finished, stop the bonjour service and open BlackRa1n
    3. turn off the phone!
    4. exit itunes
    5. wait for a few seconds and turn phone back on
    6. while it boots up click on "make it rain"
    7. itunes may pop up and tell you it found a phone in "recovery mode", Just click "ok" and don't do anything else in itunes (I closed it and it reopened on it's own, and I just ignored it)
    8. look at black Ra1n and notice it says it was successful and wait for reboot.
    9. notice reboot screen with Geohot's face pic, and phone will boot to unlocked status.
    10 restart bonjour service and restart itunes, have fun!

(this is basicaly how it worked for me minus a few trial and error steps that I went through)

Now the App installers (this is really the part I figured out!) if you install more than 1 installer from BlackRa1n at one time Cydia and it apps will fail!!! if you install them 1 at a time this should not happen and will make the apps like backgrounder and such work the first time you update! yes they all still work in 3.1.2! (if you already have a failed install then keep reading I will give you the solution in a minute!)

1. when you unlock the phone and see the screen for the first time there is a blackRa1n icon on it, run this and it will bring up a selection of app installers.
    2. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) only install 1 installer at a time! if you had cydia before then install it first! it should then be able to recover the previous partion and work ok.
    3. you can then install the other installers 1 at a time and then install the apps as usual and all should be fine!

Now if you already installed and selected the other installers at the same time don't fear! you can recover!

first for those who are stuck at the "reorganizing" loop, this s a direct result of the cydia app not being able to tell what version it is, becuase ICY was installed at the same time. since there is no known cure for this via cydia, and no way to uninstall it, you simply need to go back into black rain and install it again! this time just do cydia alone!(no the others won't go away.) after running the install again then go to the icon and run it, it will open and ask about updates, select the "Full update" and go, when it reboots he springboard you can install and all the apps will work again!

and again I emphasize, the apps all work for me(again!), and the main thing to remember is to install only one(1) installer from the list at a time to make them work correctly!

Now I hope that this has helped some of you and if so Please give me a "thanks!" as I may not be as smart as "geohot", but I do what I can.
    you saved me! thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

So excuse me for asking this question but WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT 3.1.2?!?!!?!?! It's not worth the headache. I'm on the 2g with 3.0 and I couldn't be happier. No "text message hacking" (3.0.1) and I don't care about arranging icons (3.1) cuz I have springback. MMS fully working thanks to a cracked swirlymms2 (purchased the original..dont get me started) and tethering? Who needs it when you have free wifi signals beating you over the head every day in the year 2009. Guys (and gals) you dont have to be on the cutting edge every three seconds just cuz apple says "here's a non essential update" not a big deal. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well... for a 2g phone youre right, however those of us on a 3gS the stereo bluetooth and bluetooth voice dial control is so worth the update.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seriouslyjeff For This Useful Post:

ifonemaniac (2009-10-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

LMAO!! Thanks Man..I've read ALOT of Post BUT most AREN'T don't explain as Well as You do NOR do they tell you too turn off BONJOUR Services WHICH was preventing me from JB my Iphone..and after I read your instructions IT..WORKED...AFTER 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks again Man.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Quote Originally Posted by theman12321 View Post
    how many times did u have to do this i know u got it twice but 2/what
    Honestly, I think it just works randomly. It would explain why some methods work for some people but it won't work for other people. It worked the first time I did it, but you should try at least 3 times.

I had to jailbreak it twice using this method because cydia didn't install properly so I did it again with my own method and it seemed to work great. But, if my theory is correct then it might just be chance. But I've already had someone say it worked for them.

Thanks

running on windows 7 , took maybe 30 seconds to jailbreak my 3gs, will wait a day then donate.

Thanks
    ok i belive i have a full proof method kk:
    1. turn off phone and unplug
    2. run blackra1n press make it rain
    3. hold home buttom and plug in phone or ipod tell iphone or ipod is in dfu mode
    4. and thats it should work 100% i tried 4 times now and it worked everytime

Thanks

GEOHOT IS THE BEST
    after 30 seconds had my iphone jailbroken to 3.1.2 and everything so far works great even fixed my sms background issue i had with redsnow where half the themes on cydia for SMS didnt work but not they all work lol.
    GEOHOT
    GEOHOT
    GEOHOT lol.... wow

By the way, I used the instructions on page 31 and worked great for me.
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 2009-10-12 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

got it to work thank you!

My iPhone 2G is running on 3.0.1 unlocked and activated. Can i update/restore directly (without transiting through 3.1) to 3.1.2 through itunes without losing my unlock and activation. I dont really care about jailbreaking.
    Thanks in anticipation of reply...

My iPhone 2G is running on 3.0.1 unlocked and activated. Can i update/restore directly (without transiting through 3.1) to 3.1.2 through itunes without losing my unlock and activation. I dont really care about jailbreaking.
    Lots of thanks in anticipation of any replies...
    Last edited by rakaca; 2009-10-12 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    hey if u got sbsettings working can u send me the files from it i cant get mine to work

Quote Originally Posted by jrlrule View Post
    WOW ok I just got it to work on my 3G using VISTA 64bit.
    First, i downloaded the blackra1n off of rapidshare provided on the first page. IT FAILED(stuck on "running" and itunes usb screen), the program was 600mb.

SO..I felt like the program was "official" so I downloaded blackra1n off the official site which was 601mb. Tryed that one running on admin and BAM extremely fast process and it was jailbroken almost with a blink of an eye.... So try downloading the one off the official site and if you have already and failed then I apologize. This just worked so perfectly for me...
    wow thanks worked for me to mmi i think you got a bad download then uped that one cuz i got it from the mmi download and for the last 2 hours tryed every trick in the thread but first try when i downloaded from geohotz blog

edit. nm it showed it was done but no icon appeared and now its stalling like before back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by robbpell; 2009-10-12 at 08:11 AM.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

okay after 30 minutes of trying, i too was getting stuck at the recovery portion. i tried swapping to different USB ports on my desktop and still no luck (32bit XP)

then i swapped to my laptop (32 Vista) with usbports. first port, i got the dreaded "ERROR: usb open failed while sending command"

then i connect to the next usb port.. then bam!!! success. i got the blackra1n screen on the phone in about 10sec so.. i just wanted another 30sec from there then the phone rebooted. upon reboot, i got the blackra1n icon on my screen

i suggest.. just keep on trying different USB ports until you get it working.

How does one go about "disabling" tethering?

I ask because I enabled it, as the option was there, then after, POOF, no more options. Now my phone refuses to charge when connected to a computer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

ok..FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS Trying too Jail Break with Blackra1n and are STUCK on Blackra1n in the fixed RUNNING mode. TRY THIS---->
    1. Back Up your phone
    2. Turn off your Iphone AFTER your Done Backing it Up
    3. Turn off Bonjour(if your having problems looking for this.For Vista Just hit Start(Windows Button) type in the Start Search Area "Services" then look for Bonjour then Stop Serivce.
    4. After you have Done all this..Repeat as You did B4 and you Should get Geo's FACE on your Iphone..And then once it's done rebooting look for the blackra1n App.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKCHRIS For This Useful Post:

Javi_P (2009-10-12), yentrog31 (2009-10-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HackySack172 View Post
    FINALLY I GOT IT TO WORK ON 3G IPHONE 3.1.2 VISTA!

all i did was right click blackra1n. I then clicked on "unblock". Then i did Cntrl+alt+delete task manager and ONLY turn off Bonjour Service. Thats the only thing i turned off. Then ran black rain as administrator and BOOM ROASTED!!!! Jailbroken!! THANK GOODNESS i thought it might not jailbreak. but once u figure it out its a super fast jailbreak.

My condolence and sadness goes out to the ones who cant get it working right now! i was extremely stressed. I am sorry for your losses right now. BUt BOOM ROASTED im Jailbroken!! Halaluigheh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FINALLY I GOT IT TO WORK ON 3G IPHONE 3.1.2 VISTA!

all i did was right click blackra1n. I then clicked on "unblock". Then i did Cntrl+alt+delete task manager and ONLY turn off Bonjour Service. Thats the only thing i turned off. Then ran black rain as administrator and BOOM ROASTED!!!! Jailbroken!! THANK GOODNESS i thought it might not jailbreak. but once u figure it out its a super fast jailbreak.

My condolence and sadness goes out to the ones who cant get it working right now! i was extremely stressed. I am sorry for your losses right now. BUt BOOM ROASTED im Jailbroken!! Halaluigheh
    This did the trick for me. 3G, 3.1.2, running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Tried all the other suggestions but this one worked the first time I tried it. Installed Cydia. Re-springs on its own. Loading Cydia now..... Says "Reorganizing...Will Automatically close when Done. Cydia closed.... Opened up Cydia... All is good!!! Installing ROCK.....All is good!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default what happened
    I downloaded it and started and now my iPod Touch 3G is turned off and i can't turn it on. and the window for the jailbreak says "done, wait for reboot"
    I am not sure what to do?????? (

Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast