Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

Been trying everything ever since blackra1n launched at 4 in the morning.Can't get it ro work. What I don't understand is where is geohot?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    can someone send me the files from the sbsettings.app i am wondering if i put thoese on my phone ill see if it works then cause im not getting any of the apps to work and its making me mad cause i seem to be the only one who isent able to get any of the apps to work after a jailbreak

Default problems
    yeaa ,

it didnt work too good for me ,

it made my internet not work , and erased all my music .

i think this JB needs more work .

Restoring NOW !

ok, after watching for a day and seeing what everyone was going through I finally decided to upgrade my 3G(2ndG)16gb (iPhone) running 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 haveing only a few JB'd apps, I figured what the heck. I have had no trouble in the past with GEOHOT's apps so I figured this would be easy, not really so this time, but becasue I work on PC's for a living I was able to learn a few things along the way which I think will help some folks here. so here goes.

Installing (blackRa1n):
    1. first sync phone, then run the update and let iTunes take the phone to 3.1.2
    2. when its finished, stop the bonjour service and open BlackRa1n
    3. turn off the phone!
    4. exit itunes
    5. wait for a few seconds and turn phone back on
    6. while it boots up click on "make it rain"
    7. itunes may pop up and tell you it found a phone in "recovery mode", Just click "ok" and don't do anything else in itunes (I closed it and it reopened on it's own, and I just ignored it)
    8. look at black Ra1n and notice it says it was successful and wait for reboot.
    9. notice reboot screen with Geohot's face pic, and phone will boot to unlocked status.
    10 restart bonjour service and restart itunes, have fun!

(this is basicaly how it worked for me minus a few trial and error steps that I went through)

Now the App installers (this is really the part I figured out!) if you install more than 1 installer from BlackRa1n at one time Cydia and it apps will fail!!! if you install them 1 at a time this should not happen and will make the apps like backgrounder and such work the first time you update! yes they all still work in 3.1.2! (if you already have a failed install then keep reading I will give you the solution in a minute!)

1. when you unlock the phone and see the screen for the first time there is a blackRa1n icon on it, run this and it will bring up a selection of app installers.
    2. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) only install 1 installer at a time! if you had cydia before then install it first! it should then be able to recover the previous partion and work ok.
    3. you can then install the other installers 1 at a time and then install the apps as usual and all should be fine!

Now if you already installed and selected the other installers at the same time don't fear! you can recover!

first for those who are stuck at the "reorganizing" loop, this s a direct result of the cydia app not being able to tell what version it is, becuase ICY was installed at the same time. since there is no known cure for this via cydia, and no way to uninstall it, you simply need to go back into black rain and install it again! this time just do cydia alone!(no the others won't go away.) after running the install again then go to the icon and run it, it will open and ask about updates, select the "Full update" and go, when it reboots he springboard you can install and all the apps will work again!

and again I emphasize, the apps all work for me(again!), and the main thing to remember is to install only one(1) installer from the list at a time to make them work correctly!

Now I hope that this has helped some of you and if so Please give me a "thanks!" as I may not be as smart as "geohot", but I do what I can.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-12 at 05:55 AM.
    an iPhone without a Jailbreak might as well be a Brick!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angry_kreyon For This Useful Post:

AKCHRIS (2009-10-12)

Thanks
    man im afraid to restore cause it might take 3 hours to get re jailbroken lol

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuck184 View Post
    doesnt work on iphone 3g running 3.1.2 Did exactly as stated in instructions... Get hung up with phone on itunes screen and blackra1n screen gets stuck on running. Will never jailbreak like it supposed to. I have to do a master reset on phone to get back phone back to where i started at. Weird thing is when i do this...it says the jailbreak completed the second i turn the phone off. NO JAILBREAK What the heck??!!
    same was happening to me, seems as though its a random problem, I tried like 20 times and it finally worked, when it hangs on those screens, do the hard reset, it will pop up that window that says jailbreak will complete when iphone reboots, leave that open, hard reset your iphone, when the apple logo appears, wait about 5 seconds, and close blackrain, reopen and hit make it rain, before it gets to the home screen. Also, I saw a couple posts where people left the iphone off, started blackrain, but didn't hit make it rain, then turn the iphone on and immediatly hit make it rain and that worked. Hope this helps you out.

Is anybody having any problems with cydia crashing on start up? The jailbreak work fine for me and icy and rock both work fine but cydia crashs whenbu try to open it does anybody know of a fix or have any ideas?

And if this subject was talked about already don't bash me for it I tryed to search for it but couldn't find anything
    PaulWeck
    Philadelphia, pa
    8 gig iphone, 8 gig 3g and finaly a very sexy white 16 gig 3gs

ALL Jailbrken and unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Finally ran in to a problem... I had a problem with a theme I downloaded for sbsettings not appearing on the list when I tried to switch themes. I SSH'd in to my iPhone and noticed that when I clicked the themes shortcut in the /Library/ directory it was giving me an error and going to a folder that wasn't even on my phone, so I went to /private/var/stash/ and copied the folder name that was there and went back to the /Library/ folder and right clicked the themes folder and clicked edit link (I'm using winscp), it said the correct folder which I found in /private/var/stash/ but for some reason it was taking me to a different folder, I updated the folder name anyways, and now it works, don't know if anybody else has had the same problem with not being able to access a theme but I thought I'd post this just incase

Thanks
    omg i restored snice none of the cydia apps would work and now im back to the 1 in a millon chance of getting this jailbreak to work lol

Quote Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
    Is anybody having any problems with cydia crashing on start up? The jailbreak work fine for me and icy and rock both work fine but cydia crashs whenbu try to open it does anybody know of a fix or have any ideas?

And if this subject was talked about already don't bash me for it I tryed to search for it but couldn't find anything
    just look about 3 posts before yours and the answer is probbly there!

aw heck here you go:

those who are stuck at the "reorganizing" loop, this s a direct result of the cydia app not being able to tell what version it is, becuase ICY was installed at the same time. since there is no known cure for this via cydia, and no way to uninstall it, you simply need to go back into black rain and install it again! this time just do cydia alone!(no the others won't go away.) after running the install again then go to the icon and run it, it will open and ask about updates, select the "Full update" and go, when it reboots he springboard you can install and all the apps will work again!
    Last edited by angry_kreyon; 2009-10-12 at 05:51 AM.
    an iPhone without a Jailbreak might as well be a Brick!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angry_kreyon For This Useful Post:

jonnyangel (2009-10-13), milan634206 (2009-10-13)

Default forgive my ignorance
    It seems most of us are having issues on the IPhone 3g running 3.1.2

what system is everyone I'm using Windows XP Service Pack3.

I don't want to blame the creator of blackra1n for this program because this is a every good program if anyone can find out how to get it to work...

Jail breaking is not that important...but i would like to get it again. I give it a week and someone will have a better jailbreak, most hackers steal (borrow without asking) everyone elses code any ways and trys to improve upon it. so lets see what someone else can cook up using this code and injecting their own.

Thanks
    "INFO: command geohot sent
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
    send picture: -1
    INFO: send command started
    INFO: file opened"
    this in the blackra1n file thing is the only diffrence btween a working jailbreak and a non-working jailbreak so if someone could tell me what is going worng in depth then we can start from there

Quote Originally Posted by Gwah View Post
    It seems most of us are having issues on the IPhone 3g running 3.1.2

what system is everyone I'm using Windows XP Service Pack3.

I don't want to blame the creator of blackra1n for this program because this is a every good program if anyone can find out how to get it to work...

Jail breaking is not that important...but i would like to get it again. I give it a week and someone will have a better jailbreak, most hackers steal (borrow without asking) everyone elses code any ways and trys to improve upon it. so lets see what someone else can cook up using this code and injecting their own.

Agree, i started trying this when it first came out this morning. Ive been working at it off and on all day, all with the same result. No offence to the creator, but it was much easier when we had to do the steps ourselves. Im greatfull people do this, and if it would work i would most definitly donate to the creator, but it doesnt.

Im using win 7 32bit
    3g updated
    ive tried every single thing in this thread to get it to work. im done

I can't even get itunes to go from 3.1 to 3.1.2

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

No problems on my end used my mac to update my iphone and used the wifes Dell to MAKE IT RAIN i am now running a Jailbroken white 16gb 3Gs 3.1.2 thanks GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by gwah View Post
    it seems most of us are having issues on the iphone 3g running 3.1.2

what system is everyone i'm using windows xp service pack3.

Jail breaking is not that important...but i would like to get it again. I give it a week and someone will have a better jailbreak, most hackers steal (borrow without asking) everyone elses code any ways and trys to improve upon it. So lets see what someone else can cook up using this code and injecting their own.

nooooooooooooooooooooob
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2009-10-12 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

odd got mine working
    then tried the wifes phone - a no go
    just hangs
    funny thing is if you unplug the phone from the pc you get a success message but still not jailbroken - at least geohot is back on twitter - fix it

Mine works fine on Snow Leopard with Bootcamp XP SP3. iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

Instructions:
    If you get stuck at the recovery screen, do this:
    1. Move blackra1n.exe to your C:/ drive
    2. Check your Task Manager for any iTunes processes running and close them!
    3. Run BlackRa1n.exe as Administrator (right click)

This worked for me Woodchuck! best of luck!!

This is what I did so it would work on my Vista 32-bit.

1. Close iTunes
    2. Turn your phone completely off (slide to power off)
    3. While your phone is off, open up Blackra1n and click on "Make it Rain!"
    4. Then power up your phone.
    5. There you go, it should work. It worked for me at least.. Twice.

Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast