Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

adelaide, I rebooted, waited a few seconds before restarting blackrain and it finally worked, got the screenshot and now have the blackrain app on my iphone, thanks for the help. I guess you just have to keep trying the same method until it works.

anybody having issues with rock app after success on blackra1n?
    getting springboard crashes - even after i uninstalled rock

also once my phone was jailbroken blackra1n just sat there with the prompt "done wait for reboot"
    Last edited by silent1643; 2009-10-12 at 02:24 AM.

8 hours later...still trying

It shoudln't take hours and hours to do something that according the instructions should take 30 seconds. There's obviously something wrong with it. I'm just about done here... perhaps they'll release something that actually works in a couple of days...

trying the same thing over and over but expecting a different result... isn't that the definition of insanity?

adelaide you are the f****** man!!!! everyone, use his guide. works perfectly!!

Quote Originally Posted by iJunkie68 View Post
    adelaide, I rebooted, waited a few seconds before restarting blackrain and it finally worked, got the screenshot and now have the blackrain app on my iphone, thanks for the help. I guess you just have to keep trying the same method until it works.

yeah i know,
    you need to try and try. I'm glad mate that you got it finally

enjoy
    Last edited by adelaide; 2009-10-12 at 02:27 AM.

this is adelaide:

ARE YOU TIRED OF TRYING TO JAILBREAK YOUR IPHONE 3G OS 3.1.2 and get stuck at itunes connect recobery mode?

after spending 12 12 hours, i finally got my i jailbroken.

here is simply what i did:

1- download and start blackra1n.
    2- you will be stuck with itunes connect recovery mode (no worries)
    3- hold power+home for 10-20 seconds til your iphone shut down.
    4- start it again by holding power bottom for few seconds.
    5- you should get a message says "your jailbreak is done once the phone reboots".
    6- quickly close blackra1n and start it again before the iphone starts to home screen.

7- you will endup with Geohot logo picture

anyone find this helpful for him. let me know. thanks a lot

9. The Following User Says Thank You to veritas12983 For This Useful Post:

Gwah (2009-10-13)

Jailbreak works flawlessly, good job Geo Hot!!

Once again on top of chronicdevteam

What's Jailbreak?
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jono 1 View Post
    Found some info from the web which finally worked for me on my 3G!

1 Copy Blackra1n.exe onto the root of your c drive.
    2 Shutdown itunes
    3 Control alt delete and end ALL itunes and ipod services
    4 Now run Blackra1n as admin or current user and untick protect my computer
    5 Done!

Iv'e been trying this since 2pm today (Or yesterday now) and it finally worked!

I think that maybe it's where Blackra1n was being ran from.Most people (including myself)I suspect were running it from the desktop.Anyway I dont care why it worked just that it finally did.Cheers.

This worked for me!!!! Thanks!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i finally jailbroke my iphone 3g 8gb using black ra1n but i had to do a factory restore then close itunes before setting up the phone. I then ran blackra1n and it worked perfectly

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    hey i tried adelaide method and i dont seem to be getting that one screen what ive been doing is i start with a turned on iphone then i run blackra1n press the make it rain buttom and when i see the plug=>itunes screen i force turn off my iphone. then i wait for the apple logo to show up re run blackra1n and it says waiting for iphone and when my screen gets to homescreen it says putting iphone into recovery mode and then im back to the frist step plz help if u understand what i have said in the past words

Quote Originally Posted by mrsteve8 View Post
    i finally jailbroke my iphone 3g 8gb using black ra1n but i had to do a factory restore then close itunes before setting up the phone. I then ran blackra1n and it worked perfectly
    so r u saying it might work if i just dont setup my phone and keep it on the emergency call window? then do the blackra1n thing?
    Last edited by theman12321; 2009-10-12 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

0/2 with both iPhoneBrowser and Disk Aid. Not sure if there is much more that can be done.

Both claim that the phone is not jailbroken, yet I am running Cydia, SBSettings, and Categories, and Winterboard...hmmm.

Pardon my ignorance, but...

How does one know when the jailbreak using blackra1n was a success? I've only ever used redsn0w (3g, 3.1.2 now) and Cydia was installed automatically. How do I install Cydia and get full jailbroken usability if blackra1n doesn't install it for me?

Thanx!

Guys please read the instructions in the first post. Most and maybe all of your questions will be answered there

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theman12321 View Post
    hey i tried adelaide method and i dont seem to be getting that one screen what ive been doing is i start with a turned on iphone then i run blackra1n press the make it rain buttom and when i see the plug=>itunes screen i force turn off my iphone. then i wait for the apple logo to show up re run blackra1n and it says waiting for iphone and when my screen gets to homescreen it says putting iphone into recovery mode and then im back to the frist step plz help if u understand what i have said in the past words

so r u saying it might work if i just dont setup my phone and keep it on the emergency call window? then do the blackra1n thing?
    correct. Go into itunes and click restore and let it restore your iphone. when it is finished and ask to set up a new phone just exit out of itunes and close all your other windows. After this is done run blackra1n and it should jailbreak your iphone. Let me know if it works

What's Jailbreak? twilight_gaijin's Avatar
    Thanks

i am giving up...this is to much have tried everyone's methods and nothing so i am just not going to have a jailbroken phone...

I finally got it to work!!

I think it is just a matter of chance. That is why some things are working nd some things are not. It just happened not to work when you did what someone told you but it worked for someone else because it is just chance. That is why there are so many conflicting ways to do this blackra1n tutorial.

All I did was:
    1. turn my phone completely off (Hold power + slide to power off)
    2. opened up blackra1n (phone not on yet and havent clicked on "make it rain!")
    3. held the power button until the apple logo turned on then immediately clicked on (make it rain)
    4. there

but if my theory holds up, it might not work, but it might work for some. Soo.. just check what i did and tell me if it works.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. House For This Useful Post:

DOCT0R EV1L (2009-10-12)

I've read 34 pages and tried almost everything...for hours.Still stuck on the itunes cable screen like everyone else with a 3g on 64Vista.

I go to task manager and click bonjur and stop process and it denies the change with a prompt..WTF?

Vista 64.

Dont give up just takes getting right. This worked. Thanks to everyone.

Task manager stop ipod sev and bejourn

1- download and start blackra1n.
    2- you will be stuck with itunes connect recovery mode (no worries)
    3- hold power+home for 10-20 seconds til your iphone shut down.
    4- start it again by holding power bottom for few seconds.
    5- you should get a message says "your jailbreak is done once the phone reboots".
    6- quickly close blackra1n and start it again before the iphone starts to home screen.

7- you will endup with Geohot logo picture

It took 20 tries but BANG Awesome!!!

Thanks Geohot

Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast