Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking Yes!!!!
    Ok i have spent 12 hours on this and have now got it working on 3g

(i used the latest itunes)

1 Stop all itunes stuff (see other posts)including itunes but not the mobile device

2 Start blackra1n and wait for the freeze

3 leave blackra1n open but turn off the phone (power and home for 10 seconds)

4 Turn on the phone and wait for normal wallpaper

5 Start a second blackra1n(still with old one running)

This worked for me AT LAST!!! Hope it helps

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arm1e` For This Useful Post:

ahjonnies215 (2009-11-03), loki3331 (2009-10-13)

Thanks

Ok, sorry if this post consists of newfaggotry:

I've followed all instructions. iTunes is not open, Bonjour Service is disabled. No Apple processes run at start-up. Blackra1n is in my C:/Drive. I run-as with the adminstrator. I check, before I "Make it ra1n" that no Apple processes are open. The only one that I see is Apple Mobile something or other, which I end.

Are there other processes which names are not instantly recongnizable that I should be ending?
    Or is there an above mentioned step that I am doing wrong etc...?
    The problem, incase you were wondering is that my iPhone 3G (which was already on 3.1.2) constantly just gets frozen at the "connect to itunes" symbol. I'm running a Windows XP SP3.
    Thanks,
    ~7

Is there anyway to back from BlackRa1ned jail broke version to factory settings? I want to make sure before I attempt jailbrake.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, just restore the phone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sevensam For This Useful Post:

varchar17 (2009-10-11)

Wow it sux that some of you have had so many probles it took me like 15 mins to restore my phone back to factory(I like doing that b4 a jb) and jailbreak with NO problems at all. I have a 3gs from 3.1 jb and windows xp

Great !!! So let me try this and I will update the status in same post.
    Thanks

Update - This thing really works Just jailbroke my iphone 3GS.
    Last edited by varchar17; 2009-10-11 at 10:29 PM. Reason: status update

I think this dude geohot puts the dev team to shame!

I've hit the same problems many others have. The phone reboots into recovery mode and the app just then says "running"

I have tried rebooting phone/ rerunning the app all in various combinations. All running as Administrator, tried it in XP/Vista/95/98 compatibility mode.

I'm failing on a 3G running freshly updated 3.1.2 on W7 x64

I have successfully updated my girlfriends 3G(S) fine without any problems so its not the machine.

Ok after 7 try's I finally got it working. I tried using regular windows xp sp3 and it did not work. It would stay frozen and continued in recovery mode after it said it was succesfully jailbroken. Then I went back to windows 7x64 and ran the program using xp3 compatiblity and it just stay stuck on the jailbraking part. Then I tried it again using xp2 compatiblity and ran as administrator them bamm!!! it worked really quick. I did close the itunes process before procedure. I hope it helps.I do also have the latest version of itunes installed.

Please help me.

I run a Mac, but the girlfriend has a PC. So I updated to 3.1.2 on my Mac, backed up, then took the phone to the PC where I downloaded blackra1n.

Then, I opened iTunes and blackra1n, clicked "make it rain" and the phone enters recovery mode with blackra1n saying "Running" and nothing happens. When I unplug the phone, it does right back to it's original state.

HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Ctrl/Alt/Delete and turn off anything that says iPod or iTunes. Also turn off MDNSResponder (this is the Bonjour service used by iTunes). Try it again and post the results
    Done all that mate, this is what the log says...

INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: internal device callback called
    INFO: callbacks registered
    INFO: sent enter recovery command
    INFO: internal recovery callback called
    INFO: unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: send command started
    INFO: file opened
    ioctl: 1
    INFO: command setenv auto-boot true sent
    ioctl: 0
    INFO: command saveenv sent
    send payload: 0
    INFO: start sending exploit
    INFO: exploit closed 0
    sent exploit
    INFO: command geohot sent
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
    send picture: -1
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending command
    send ramdisk: -1
    INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished

Anyone help from this?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ try different USB port.

Please help me.

I run a Mac, but the girlfriend has a PC. So I updated to 3.1.2 on my Mac, backed up, then took the phone to the PC where I downloaded blackra1n.

Then, I opened iTunes and blackra1n, clicked "make it rain" and the phone enters recovery mode with blackra1n saying "Running" and nothing happens. When I unplug the phone, it does right back to it's original state.

HELP.

Exclamation Solved under XP SP3 (for me anyways)
    Guys, if you have problems running the program, and you get frozen on the itune connect screen and no geohot image, PLEASE DISABLE YOU ANTI-VIRUS! I have narrowed it down to it being the anti virus actually not letting you do it.
    Kudos to peter.pinter and MaskHere as it is roughly the same thing but a combination of both.

Also, make sure you end the processes iPodService.exe, iTune.exe and iTuneHelper.exe from your task manager. Right click the blackra1n.exe (Make sure it is in the root of your main hard drive) and go to run as... uncheck the box with protect you data. This should enable you to run it. this should run it. You will encounter the itune connect screen but after 5-10 seconds, it goes to geohot. Hope this help everyone with the same problem as me. I am using Win XP SP3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to simonwong1989 For This Useful Post:

peter.pinter (2009-11-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. Nice work. I've been having some problems getting it to work on my 3g and computer running Vista, so I decided to bring it over to my parents XP machine. Still wouldn't work. Turns out their iTunes was only 7, so that would explain part why I could not get it to even RECOGNIZE my phone as a phone and not a "camera" when it was plugged it. Upgraded their itunes, and it worked like a champ. Like, I literally pushed the button, the next thing I know is that Geo's face is up on my phone and its waiting to reboot. Squee happiness lol

Finally got it to work with w7 32bit

Omg!!!! Blackra1n ftw

Hey fellas. It worked perfectly for me on my iPod Touch 2G! Yee!

I used Windows XP SP3, OS 3.1.2, iTunes 9. After I updated iTunes I downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware, wiped my iPod with "restore" (restored to 3.1.2), shut down iTunes, ran blackra1n and it was done in like 2.4 seconds (seriously it was done a few seconds after I pressed the button). I did right-clicke on "blackra1n.exe" and disabled the "protect my computer" option. Not sure if that helped but it worked flawlessly anyway. I'm seriously impressed -- no holding down buttons or anything, it's so quick and easy. I implore you all to donate.

I also have to tell you guys to try the "Rock my iPhone" program instead of Cydia. I have it now and it's GLORIOUS. It's so much faster and prettier, and all the cool stuff like SBSettings and winterboard work with it just fine.

Has anyone gotten bossTool to work after the jailbreak? I can install it but when i swipe up top in the status bar, nothing happens. There's also a bunch of other apps that won't run...

I really hope an unlocking program/hack comes out.
    I accidentally upgraded to 3.1...(not 3.1.2) and I lost all my JB and unlock

Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast