Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

Quote Originally Posted by deano1964 View Post
    Does it format the phone?
    does it delete any currently installed apps, contacts, etc...
    or just run jailbreak, its broken, same as wat it was b4 but with it jailbroken?
    you should always sync your iphone before doing anything.
    Though if you just click update to 3.1.2 in itunes it wont delete anything... Running Blackra1n to JB will not delete anything but just install the blackra1n app so you are able to DL cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
    why don't you bother writing down your Pc OS and how did you do it. instead of your useless comment.
    theres no point writing up a step by step guide if theres so many here.. folow the initial one...

and if it helps i'll write another one up...

1) download blackra1n with the link provided...

2) update your iphones firmware to 3.1.2 and let the phone actvate via itunes

3) close itunes and run Blackra1n

4) click maike it rain

5) wait

6) your done... now go to itunes and install all your app, contacts etc

how hard is that?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Default Problem with Blackra1n JB
    To all of those who are still experiencing problems with this Jailbreak, I'm posting here what I've done with my device.

In the beginning I used to have the same problem which is everyone is having. I tried many solutions but with no positive results.

Finally, I launched I tunes before launching Blackra1n and waited untill itunes recognized my phone and then launched Blackra1n and it worked like a charm with no delay. All of my previous attempts were before launching itunes but his time itunes came first and it was working during the whole JB process.

I hope this will work if you try it.

I'm using Win Vista with Iphone 3g , 3.1.2

Regards,

Two words:

Flaw...Less!

Just remember to make sure iTunes is open and recognizes your iPhone, than run blackra1n. Upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2, Then did as I described above. Thirty seconds later(rough estimate)all was said and done!

At first i had problem getting it to JB.
    i kept getting stuck on "Recovery Mode" window on blackra1n.
    So to fix that issue instead of going into properties of blackra1n.exe and enable Window XP compatibility. I DID NOT!!!
    ran blackra1n again and it worked.

im on a window vista... iphone 3g[s]. 3.1.2fw.

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    theres no point writing up a step by step guide if theres so many here.. folow the initial one...

and if it helps i'll write another one up...

1) download blackra1n with the link provided...

2) update your iphones firmware to 3.1.2 and let the phone actvate via itunes

3) close itunes and run Blackra1n

4) click maike it rain

5) wait

6) your done... now go to itunes and install all your app, contacts etc

how hard is that?
    It's not hard. But what if your iphone stuck during step 5 which is "wait" and you forced to restore it?

trust me i read all the 23 pages and tried xp, vista, all the suggestions. I gave up. i'm just not lucky enough tonight

Thanks

One of the most simplest jailbreaks ever. And it is damn fast.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Tinker,Tinker,So Lets,Why.....my fingers are getting itchy to try this out but I like where I stand....3GS/3.0.1..we all like to tinker I guess why.....anybody else see any real benefits besides a few apps that now need 3.1 +?..maybe the bug updates?..i think I'll sit this one out..for a while anyway..good luck to all (esp the 3G crowd-I feel your pain)

it must be hard if sooo many people keeps getting stuck on the itunes usb logo. -_-
    ill try it again though

It's not hard. But what if your iphone stuck during step 5 which is "wait" and you forced to restore it?

trust me i read all the 23 pages and tried xp, vista, all the suggestions. I gave up. i'm just not lucky enough tonight
    ok step 5 i waited for a few seconds and it had geohots picture on the iphone... if that dont come up with out closing the first black rain open another one and click on make it rain again

why don't you bother writing down your Pc OS and how did you do it. instead of your useless comment.
    Even though this post was not to me and though I've already posted what I did here it is again.

Before
    • iPhone 3G, 3.01, jailbroken
    • Windows7 Ultimate (32 bit), blackra1n which I installed on the Desktop, right clicked said run as XP-SP3

Procedure
    1. Connected iPhone to laptop
    2. Started iTunes manually
    3. Right clicked the iPhone, Backed up the phone
    4. Updated to 3.1.2
    5. Stopped iTunes
    6. Started blackra1n
    7. It finished.

On iPhone
    1. Started blackra1n
    2. Installed Cydia
    3. Installed all my Cydia apps except MyWi, which doesn't work.

I did not have to restore my iPhone, all the App Store apps were there after I updated to 3.1.2.
    Last edited by MikePA; 2009-10-11 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks

i can't update cydia it keeps saying iternal error

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk283 View Post
    i can't update cydia it keeps saying iternal error
    everyone is on cydia right ow.. its just probably traffic... give it a while

Ok I got it work now

I think geohot should EXPLICITY state that iTunes MUST be closed for this to work

Yeah I updated and jailbroke and everything went fine
    I installed Cydia and I keep getting Network timed Out

Maybe everyones trying to access cydia at the moment lol.

BTW im running Windows XP SP3 on an iPhone 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks that was the easiest jailbreak i have done ever but now my phone doesnt want to pick up any wifi signals even if i search for it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes very easy like a Sunday morning. You know the song? Min works prefers windows xp and 3.1.2. Thanks a lot Gee Hotz now if People would get off Cydia so I can get on :-).

maybe someone can help me, ok so im jailbroken and all and im using rock. everything i download is working, except the keyboard. any suggestions?

Is any one have issues with cydia cause for some reason I keep get a unable to load on the front page help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a question. If I jb my iphone can I still use tethering to get online? Like using the carrier file from benm?

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast