Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kendo88 View Post
    i cant turn the iphone off
    You can, hold the home and hold button for 10-20 seconds, it will turn off.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

i am so happy... in ymy 1st try it worked flawlessly !!!.. thanks geohot with this fantastic JB!!!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

So, I'll admit, I didn't read every comment on every page, but a couple of questions come to mind.

Does Blackra1n support:
    1. Cydia
    2. Winterboard
    3. Is it supported in iPhoneBrowser?

I had issues with Cydia crashing, I just installed it again from blackra1n and it started to work...

Cydia is pretty buggy on this release...

Fantastic work. Now waiting for a unlock soon on the dreaded 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    ATT: staff... I would add this to the first post.

Here HOW you get CYDIA AND ICY to work together on 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n.
    Otherwise Cydia and ICY will conflict.
    Do not install them both via BlackCrap

After you run BlackRa1n from your PC you will have the blackRa1n APP Installed which will allow you to install Cydia, Rock, and ICY.

INSTALL CYDIA ONLY using BlackRa1n
    ONLY, only, only. I cant stress that enough.

after you install CYDIA, it is good to delete BlackRa1n by using Cydelete.

You must then install ICY via CYDIA
    Cydia, not blackra1n.

Then you should have no issues, I dont.

got a question i already installed icy is there a way to delete it.then follow ur instructions...

blackrain is not working for me

Default advice
    just so you know, after blackra1n doesn't work, you dont have to restore you're phone. just hold power and home and it will turn off and then turn it on and everything will be there still.

Quote Originally Posted by se7ensmatrix1216 View Post
    So, I'll admit, I didn't read every comment on every page, but a couple of questions come to mind.

Does Blackra1n support:
    1. Cydia
    2. Winterboard
    3. Is it supported in iPhoneBrowser?
    yes ocne you jailbroken you go into blackr1n and install cydia... then after that you can install winterboard... it works)

im not sure about iphonebrowser tho

Quote Originally Posted by Stobe View Post
    Everyone who has had problems with jb has iphone 3g =)
    yeah thats true,im one of those,sucks

Default No problem
    Used Windows Vista Home Preimum x64, newest itunes, 3GS...no problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome ! Everything is working now! Cydia, all the repositories! Thanks Geohot you rock~!

Quote Originally Posted by iphone209 View Post
    it was fast, i get it to work at 3 time,

i have a iphone 3g with 3.1.2 frimware

close all programs before starting jailbreaking
    even itunes?

gave up, doesn't work on xp

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a Ipod Touch 32g brand new out the box as of last week

can i use this ?

also will i need to do it everytime i turn on the ipod or am i reading that wrong ?

thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What did I Understand?
    That Blakra1n is a bit like redsn0w...
    You upgrade or restore to firmware 3.1.2 and then you just hit the button " make it ra1n " .....
    So that are the warnings for, for unlockers to not use blakra1n, because upgrade or restore via iTunes is needed....

Default Beyond Frustrated
    Now, I know this statement will probably be taken out of context...but I truly believe it needs to be said....prior to my saying what I need to I need to also state that I am extremely appreciative of the fact that GeoHot took the time to compile this program....but I do think that some clear cut instructions and troubleshooting steps need to be outlined here, perhaps some environmental things that need to be in place and work....prior to some of us spending our days working with this.......Now I've been able successfully to JB using this tool.....but I don't know if it can be said that I have a stable phone.....

As I've dealt with countless reboots, of both OS and Phone......Cydia throwing errors, and now when attempting to re-JB using the exact same method that I used two hours ago, I'm left with the exact same results that I had when I first started this process.....so I guess it could be said that I'm frustrated.....not complaining, but frustrated.

That said, can anyone here offer some clear cut instructions on what works and what doesn't? I've JB'ken on XP, but I can't repeat the process....I have two other systems that run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.....I've used the steps outlined in the forum so far as to run in XP SP2/SP3 modes, run as admin, run in safe mode, disable services, etc....and still no luck.....

Prior to writing this I've read that some are having issues with Winterboard, and some other critical JB components...Now I recognize that these components not working could be related to 3.12 rather than the JB process....however if these components are supposed to work with 3.12, shouldn't we be waiting until the dev team releases their method(s) rather than spending our day trying to troubleshoot this...with no real direction?.....Just a thought.....Finally....if there isn't a way for this to work flawlessly.....would anyone here be able to provide some insight on downgrading to 3.1 so that I (we) can re-JB and put some of our apps back on?

I hope and trust that I have ruffled any feathers here or more importantly pissed anyone off.....as in the grand realm of things, (and I do know and completely respect, that whatever steps I take using this forum is of my own risk) I'm looking for the same things you guys are

Take Care

-Shannon

funny how only 3g users are having problesm... but im a 3g user and it worked perfectly fine with me...

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    funny how only 3g users are having problesm... but im a 3g user and it worked perfectly fine with me...
    why don't you bother writing down your Pc OS and how did you do it. instead of your useless comment.

I'm on windows 64 home edition with 3gs phone and it worked perfect for me. Cydia server must be slammed right now cause it times out sometimes. But other than that so far so good

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast