Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by hatton920 View Post
    Guys I think the carrier logo missing is due to using the older baseband.

I restored to a custom 3.1 file from 3.0 j/b and had the missing carrier fault, then I restored to the apple 3.1 file which updated my baseband. I then downgraded back to 3.0 j/b then restored the custom 3.1 file I used earlier and now have my carrier text back.
    Has the newest baseband for iPhone 3GS been unlocked? If not, you just may have lost the ability to unlock your iPhone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by basilp View Post
    then can u quickly tell me how to go to recovery mode from dfu mode?

thnks!
    If you press and hold the power and home buttons together for about 10 seconds, it should reboot the iPhone and you should see the Apple (or Pineapple) icon. You can release those buttons when you see that. When you iPhone is booted up again, you can try to go to Recovery mode (press and hold power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and then continue to hold the home button until you see the connect to itunes graphic on your iphone. Do all these while your iphone is connected.)
    Last edited by ktula; 2009-10-03 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^Nope. Not for a while..

then can u quickly tell me how to go to recovery mode from dfu mode?

thnks!
    Hold home+power until it reboots.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    Has the newest baseband for iPhone 3GS been unlocked? If not, you just may have lost the ability to unlock your iPhone for good.

If you press and hold the power and home buttons together for about 10 seconds, it should reboot the iPhone and you should see the Apple (or Pineapple) icon. You can release those buttons when you see that. When you iPhone is booted up again, you can try to go to Recovery mode (press and hold power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and then continue to hold the home button until you see the connect to itunes graphic on your iphone. Do all these while your iphone is connected.)
    i have a 'never lock' iphone wid 3.1 already.. but even after getting into recovery mode it doesnt seem to go further than " preparing iphone for restore" ne suggestions?

Thanks

^Are you getting an error message? What is it in recovery?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

no error msg! stuck at " preparing iphone for restore".. it wont move ne further!!

Thanks

How long did you leave it there?

really long! i dont understand why this is happening with the custom .ipsw.. i doubt that im doing anything wrong while creating it!

Hey guys, I have a noob question. Is the baseband for the activated fw and the not activated the same? because right now i'm a legit att customer but i was wondering if i need to sell the phone in the future would i be able to unlock?

Thanks

^No they're the same. There is no way include the BB in a pwnagetool created ipsw atm

no tethering on 3.1 yet, not even when jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody have cydia working on the new 3.1 pwnage?! If so, please let me know how b/c mine is just giving a BIG RED message bout cydia not knowing the ipsw..

I had no problem installing and using Pwnge Tool, no problems with Winterboard. The only think I lost was the carrier logo, but I just installed the MAKE IT MINE from cydia and changed it to what i wanted it to say.

I tried putting the phone into DFU mode, but it didn't work and then I did a restart (holding down power and home button) and it was then put in recovery mode and that worked. Hope this helps some people.

I like being able to finally organize my iPhone Apps through iTunes instead of on the phone.

Thumbs up Much Love
    Enough thanks cannot be given to the Dev-Team. Here, many are given in hopes they are taken genuinely.

restore to 3.1 jailbroke again i had a problem with cydia but after restoring to 3.1jailbroken for a 2 time it was fine

i have a question.. does this work if my iphone 3gs was already on 3.1 and working .. i upgraded it earlier when the update came through

Thanks

^Nope.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richcg View Post
    I had no problem installing and using Pwnge Tool, no problems with Winterboard. The only think I lost was the carrier logo, but I just installed the MAKE IT MINE from cydia and changed it to what i wanted it to say.

I tried putting the phone into DFU mode, but it didn't work and then I did a restart (holding down power and home button) and it was then put in recovery mode and that worked. Hope this helps some people.

I like being able to finally organize my iPhone Apps through iTunes instead of on the phone.
    So basically you just restarted the phone once again after the install? Yea dude my cydia doesn't work. I mean it opens and all but I can't DL anything! That's all you did is just restart it? Does it have to be connected to my mac or no?

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^Nope.
    and there is my problem! i guess i must wait till the dev team comes thru for the jailbreak of up and running 3.1?

Thanks

Yup. Or for Chronic's Dev Team's solution.

i have a question.. does this work if my iphone 3gs was already on 3.1 and working .. i upgraded it earlier when the update came through
    you can downgrade to 3.0 and go from there, it takes about an hour to do everything, either that or just wait.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast