Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    i didn't notice an answer to the question but yes if you jailbroke 3.0 with purplerain your all good with this method. honestly dont see why everyone is having so many problems, if you dont understand then read everything in detail before you do it, all should go fine with it, granted the carrier is missing after using this method but who really cares about that
    Naw I JB my 3.0 with redsn0w. And yes the carrier is gone but that's really no concern of mine. As long as I have my service i'm good. But i can't downgrade bc apparently I didn't save a certain # to my cydia. Now my cydia is on here with icy and I can't dl or customize anything bc cydia doesn't know the version it's on. That's y I wanted to see if I could downgrade to get all my shiet back until redsn0w comes out with a JB. If you can help please let me know!

ihave upgraeded my iphone3gs to 3.1 can i jailbreak it with this tool plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone please clean this thread up!!!!!!! I guess I'll wait for redsn0w or greenpoison!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Should this:

If you have a 3G[S], you will need to have ALREADY jailbroken the device at a previous 3.xfirmware (3.0 or 3.0.1) in order for this to work. If you have a 3G[S] which came at or has already been upgraded to 3.1 through Apple, this release of PwnageTool (3.1.3) WILL NOT WORK.

Read:

If you have any 3GS that is not already JB(pwned) then you cannot use this tool...oh and you need a Mac cause the dev team will not be supporting windows users.

just a typo on MODMYI part but the firmware you show in the tutorial is for a 3G iphone not 3G S

the 3GS firmware is iphone 2,1 not 1,2

might confuse a few people who dont know that

..also people who had 3.0 jailbroken and had there 3.0 ECID SHSH onfile but upgraded to 3.1 will STILL be able to downgrade to 3.0 then rejailbreak at 3.0 download the iphone 2,1 ipsw use that for pwnage tool then restore to 3.1

believe me i did
    Last edited by TomEppo; 2009-10-03 at 02:46 PM.

If I have a 3GS thats on 3.0 that has never been jailbroken, am I SOL when it comes to jailbreaking and unlocking? At least for now?

Could someone clarify if we can downgrade to 3.0.1 after installing 3.1 cusom firmware for 3GS?

Can we use the host replay trick (Saurik) to trick Apple's servers? How do we save ECIDs if currently on 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware?

Creating a custom FW for your own use is probably not illegal.
    Distributing modified FW probably is.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotem3303 View Post
    If I have a 3GS thats on 3.0 that has never been jailbroken, am I SOL when it comes to jailbreaking and unlocking? At least for now?
    Lol no dude, just download redsn0w, jailbreak/unlock and then use Pwnage tool to upgrade to 3.1!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I had the same problem but after retiring to 3.1 it got fix, but some people are saying that there's a problem with winterb
    so just hold on that one for a minute, but sb settings is working fine maybe u should try it again

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol no dude, just download redsn0w, jailbreak/unlock and then use Pwnage tool to upgrade to 3.1!
    So I dont need to restore before jailbreaking?

Thanks

awesome 3.1 jailbreak: mac 2, windows 0.WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Default Windows user
    If you're in Windows you're are not lost. Ask a friend on a Mac to use Pwnage to build a custom fw 3.1 and give it to you. Assuming you have iTunes installed on your PC, hold shift and click restore. Selec the custom fw and let it do its magic.

Read again the many posts in this forum that show problems after restoring to custom fw 3.1 and decide if you really want to do it. Think twice about what you will gain, specially if you have a perfectly working 3.0 or 3.0.1 iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    So will windows users never be able to jailbreak

Modmyi used to allow custom firmwares to be uploaded, what changed?

Guys I think the carrier logo missing is due to using the older baseband.

I restored to a custom 3.1 file from 3.0 j/b and had the missing carrier fault, then I restored to the apple 3.1 file which updated my baseband. I then downgraded back to 3.0 j/b then restored the custom 3.1 file I used earlier and now have my carrier text back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm just trying to figure out how my redsn0w 0.8 will work with the new 3.1 that I did last night. Cydia is always at an error and I didn't save any # or info to cydia to downgrade! Everytime I try to browse for an ipsw it comes up "unable to recognize the ipsw" Somebody please help! MY phone is JB to 3.1 but I can't even DL winterboard or ANYTHING! Thanks.

for those who r getting 1604, I had the same thing, and Apple, bless their arse, advised restarting the Mac.
    I did and tried again. IT WORKED !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotem3303 View Post
    So I dont need to restore before jailbreaking?
    Well it's recommended you do restore BUT in this case DO NOT restore as you'll be stuck at stock 3.1! Just make sure you uninstall every app on your iPhone as if you dont you'll get stuck at the Apple logo at boot up.
    Just make the iPhone as stock as possible without restoring, then run redsn0w and you should be fine!

iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Well it's recommended you do restore BUT in this case DO NOT restore as you'll be stuck at stock 3.1! Just make sure you uninstall every app on your iPhone as if you dont you'll get stuck at the Apple logo at boot up.
    Just make the iPhone as stock as possible without restoring, then run redsn0w and you should be fine!
    Cool! Ill give it a shot when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by rampmike View Post
    I had a similar (if not the same) error code.
    If you are using a Mac Air to do the upgrade you need to connect the iPhone to your Mac via a POWERED USB HUB.
    That helps.

Mike
    I have MacBook Air as well, and i have no problem restoring the custom IPSW to my iPhone. If you are getting the 1600 error, most likely you are not in Recovery mode but in DFU mode. In Recovery mode, you should see the connect to iTunes graphic on your iPhone. In DFU mode, your iphone should not be displaying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    I have MacBook Air as well, and i have no problem restoring the custom IPSW to my iPhone. If you are getting the 1600 error, most likely you are not in Recovery mode but in DFU mode. In Recovery mode, you should see the connect to iTunes graphic on your iPhone. In DFU mode, your iphone should not be displaying anything.
    then can u quickly tell me how to go to recovery mode from dfu mode?

thnks!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast