Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

Thanks

Calm down...
    If I can keep my cool you definitely can too.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Calm down...
    If I can keep my cool you definitely can too.
    9 pages and most questions are the same about a Windows Pwnage Tool. I'm tired of reading for information and the majority of the new great 500,000 member ask the same stuff over and over again. Great there are 500k members, but most can't read.

EDIT: Sorry for the language. I apologize. Bu can someone delete all the posts that ask about a Windows Pwnage tool so people can actually find information instead of sifting through post by stupid people who can't read?
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2009-10-03 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks

Haha. You don't have to mod the Dev Team's blog.
    I swear it's going to drive me crazy some day
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^^ your just adding fuel to the fire.

hey guys, I have a 3gs with pwned 3.0 , then it crashed, loop of death at apple logo, no signatures backup on cydia, updated it to 3.1 via the dev teams guide, boom, back to life, installed ultrasn0w, bammm ive got service bars on non att carrier, no carrier name but who needs it, just use make it mine, man the dev team is the BEST, just no internet tethering enabled yet, but damn, I was without my phone for 3 weeks !!

THANKS DEV TEAM AND MMi

Richard

Mines want show my carrier. But I can go to cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I have a problem. Maybe I'm just lost. I upgraded to 3.1 on my 3gs but my cydia doesn't work. I mean it opens up but when I try to DL Winterboard or SBSettings it won't pass. It gives me this "couldn't configure pre-depend dpkg for seed, probably a dependency cycle" Also all in RED is, "YOUR COPY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT VERSION IT IS,ITSELF,RUNNING. Then it goes on to This issue is normally caused by a corrupted /var/lib/dpkg/status file. This seems to be caused by asking redsn0w 0.7.x to install both Cydia and Icy during the jailbreak. This situation is not readily fixable after the fact, so it is recommended that you restore when you can. The icy package in redsn0w 0.8 may fix this as yet not fully understood bug. A simple fix is to delay installing icy. Now I have icy and my phone works fine. I just have no **********, Winterboard or SBSettings! What can I do?! Thanks for the time and ANY help cuz I'm lost!

I personally think this 3.1 update is totally backwards and dumb. If u look at the blogs the majority of people are stuck on 3.1 with no Jb, due to whatever circumstances. I didn't see too many peeps begging to upgrade from 3.0 or 3.0.1 to 3.1. The jailbreak that should have come out and most are waiting for is a tool to break a non downgradable device or a otb 3gs. By the way I love the devs just think they shoulda prioritized.

Thanks

So; I have read all the entries here, and I have only seen one comment on it.

I jailbroke using Purplerain, does that mean that I can't use the pwnage tool do jailbreak?

If so; how do I do this; do I need to do an offical upgrade to 3.1 then a downgrade to 3.0 and then back to 3.1 using the pwnage tool?

Option 2: I am using a 3GS on 3.0. My ECID SHSH are on file with Cydia, so I am hoping that means I can use his workaround to upgrade to 3.0.1 with pwnage... Maybe.

What do you guys think? Should I just wait until something more stable comes out?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks to all that helped me downgrade back to 3.0 on my 3GS, running redsn0W. MMS (AT&T 5.0) settings working and tethering back! whew! I think I am gonna wait a while before jumping to 3.1 I was almost stuck in APPLE 3.1 hell. My firmware is 05.11.07 no worries I'm cool with AT&T not going to unlock. Thanks for helpin' a Double 0 in trouble.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    Thanks to all that helped me downgrade back to 3.0 on my 3GS, running redsn0W. MMS (AT&T 5.0) settings working and tethering back! whew! I think I am gonna wait a while before jumping to 3.1 I was almost stuck in APPLE 3.1 hell. My firmware is 05.11.07 no worries I'm cool with AT&T not going to unlock. Thanks for helpin' a Double 0 in trouble.
    How'd you get back to 3.0 using redsn0w? CAn you help me out?

Thanks

You can't.
    If you have your files on Cydia you can downgrade... but other than that.. nothing really you can do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    You can't.
    If you have your files on Cydia you can downgrade... but other than that.. nothing really you can do.
    How do I know if they are under cydia?!

Thanks

Default Downgrading help
    I have a Mac, so I don't know if this will work with a PC. Here are the websites I used. Also read my threads from page 5-9 to see my conversations and the people who responded. It will save you time.

go to Downgrade iPhone 3GS from iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0 | Redmond Pie

follow the instructions carefully, also read my post about the "HOST" procedure

Then what I did was interrupt the second attempt at restoring and click on purplera1n. Purplera1n got me out the restore loop and activated everything to the home screen "3.0!" in iTunes. I then went to this web page and followed the redsn0w directions and BAM! I was JB on 3.0 again with my 3GS! Before redsn0W ignore the "FREEZE" button from purplera1n!!! let redsn0w install cydia so you can use Pwnagetool for later JB from the devTeam.

I also was able to activate my MMS feature by following the instructions at this site:

How to Enable MMS (picture messaging) on Your iPhone (AT&T) [UPDATED x2] | Apple iPhone School

And activated internet tethering by typing "help.benm.at/usa.php" in the safari browser of the iphone follow these instruction on youtube - instead of using ty's site use the one I just gave you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJp3AVS-_tc]YouTube - How to Tether iPhone 3G or 3G S on AT&T (no computer)[/ame]

if you get all this to work, you'll be among the "Double 0's"

Your Welcome,

J. Bond 007
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

my 3gs must have been messed up because i had to hold the buttons down for like 2 minutes to get it to go into recovery mode, my fingers are broken... lol. now all seems to be good, i sawed the pineapple.

it was time to restore, most of the time my phone booted into safe mode.

Thanks

Yea, I had my ECID files saved in Cydia, that may make a BIG difference.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    When are you people going to learn how to read??
    Lets try to maintain here and easy on the language, believe me I know it's frustrating, I deal with this on a daily basis for every time a new firmware/jailbreak comes out.
    So will windows users never be able to jailbreak

Modmyi used to allow custom firmwares to be uploaded, what changed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    So will windows users never be able to jailbreak

Modmyi used to allow custom firmwares to be uploaded, what changed?
    No; windows users will just have to wait until someone releases the custom firmware on torrent, or until someone releases a tool that can do it.

I am a windows user, but I have a friend with a MAC to be able to do it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I have a Mac, so I don't know if this will work with a PC. Here are the websites I used. Also read my threads from page 5-9 to see my conversations and the people who responded. It will save you time.

go to Downgrade iPhone 3GS from iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0 | Redmond Pie

follow the instructions carefully, also read my post about the "HOST" procedure

Then what I did was interrupt the second attempt at restoring and click on purplera1n. Purplera1n got me out the restore loop and activated everything to the home screen "3.0!" in iTunes. I then went to this web page and followed the redsn0w directions and BAM! I was JB on 3.0 again with my 3GS! Before redsn0W ignore the "FREEZE" button from purplera1n!!! let redsn0w install cydia so you can use Pwnagetool for later JB from the devTeam.

I also was able to activate my MMS feature by following the instructions at this site:

How to Enable MMS (picture messaging) on Your iPhone (AT&T) [UPDATED x2] | Apple iPhone School

And activated internet tethering by typing "help.benm.at/usa.php" in the safari browser of the iphone follow these instruction on youtube - instead of using ty's site use the one I just gave you.

YouTube - How to Tether iPhone 3G or 3G S on AT&T (no computer)

if you get all this to work, you'll be among the "Double 0's"

Your Welcome,

J. Bond 007
    Thanks dude for all the advice. But I didnt't save my stuff to cydia..I guess I'm SOL or until redsn0w comes out with a JB for 3.1..I'll try the tethering stuff tho! If there's anything else you can do to help, plz get at me. But looks like I needed to save whatever # to cydia..Sucks

Also the damn tethering doesn't seem to work. It doesn't show up under my networks. However, there is a profile added with that AT&T thing but nothing.
    Last edited by markmann; 2009-10-03 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

i didn't notice an answer to the question but yes if you jailbroke 3.0 with purplerain your all good with this method. honestly dont see why everyone is having so many problems, if you dont understand then read everything in detail before you do it, all should go fine with it, granted the carrier is missing after using this method but who really cares about that

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast