Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

SGT im pretty sure i saved my ECID in cydia but I dont know what to do from there havent had this problem before sorry to be a bother

OK, thought I was all good, but it seems my network data isn't working. Same network settings as 3.0, but no luck.

IPHONEKID - dude, no need to appologize. This is what forums are for...

As of right now, it seems that there are a few people with this problem. I hope your with AT&T because I had to upgrade to legit 3.1 thru itunes, which will cause you to lose your unlock (possibly forever, so if you unlocked, I would not advise this). Put your phone into recovery mode and then just restore thru itunes (no custom firmware). One it is updated you should be able to downgrade to 3.0 via this link Downgrade iPhone 3GS from iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0 | Redmond Pie . Then you will be able to JB 3.0 as long as itunes is pointing to Sauriks server and you have your ECID saved within cydia.

I hope this helps. I'm running 3.1 right now and intend on downgrading to 3.0 sometime this weekend.
    Last edited by sgt sm00th; 2009-10-03 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default 1600 ERROR fix.
    Yah.. after you create the custom firmware. Close PwnTool program and open itunes and click option + restore and choose custom firmware. NO NEED to enter DFU mode. Tried this twice with success on 10.6 w/ 3gs.

good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artist701 For This Useful Post:

dr33Rocks (2009-10-04)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgt sm00th View Post
    Try downgrading the usb drivers like we had to do in a pervious JB...... i don't know if it would help, but I'm fresh out of ideas.
    IDK how to do that

Artist....were you in the winterboard boot-loop when this happened or were you just attempting the initial 3.1 custom upgrade

initial upgrade.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Artist701 For This Useful Post:

sgt sm00th (2009-10-03)

Hey guys.. sorry to bother - but i also need some clarification. If I buy a non-jailbroken 3.01 3GS (unlocked from apple), therefore not previously jailbroken, can i jailbreak it using the previous tool, then update to 3.1 with this Pwnage tool? is that correct? It would mean that I wouldn't have any of the ibSS or ECID information. if i jailbreak, upgrade to 3.1 will that mean that if my phone screws up and I need to do a restore... i can restore with this tool to 3.1 in the future?

Sorry, just need that clarified before i go out and bust my *** trying to find a 3.01 phone and spend that doe for nothing.

Cheers guys, SINC

any news for when i can jailbreak my iphone on windows?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to awitwer51 For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-10-03)

its going to be a while me thinks. your best bet is to find a friend with a MAC. Shouldn't be too hard, should it?

Ok I Know Someone Just Asked When Will You Be Able To Hack The iPhone On Pc But I Have No Friends With A Mac So Now What I Do Lol

OK,I got mine upgraded and I, like many others have not carrier logo. (Not too worried about that, was gonna try and make another custom firmware to try to fix that. But has anyone else noticed a drop in the volume??? At least with the keyboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SINC View Post
    Hey guys.. sorry to bother - but i also need some clarification. If I buy a non-jailbroken 3.01 3GS (unlocked from apple), therefore not previously jailbroken, can i jailbreak it using the previous tool, then update to 3.1 with this Pwnage tool? is that correct? It would mean that I wouldn't have any of the ibSS or ECID information. if i jailbreak, upgrade to 3.1 will that mean that if my phone screws up and I need to do a restore... i can restore with this tool to 3.1 in the future?

Sorry, just need that clarified before i go out and bust my *** trying to find a 3.01 phone and spend that doe for nothing.

Cheers guys, SINC
    I have already replied to your previous post
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4979039

Has anyone else been game enough to try winterboard or gotten it working on 3.1?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tonev For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-10-03)

winterboard works fine for me..

didn't do anything different.. just followed instruction on jb and boom.. installed winterboard and added theme. Worked fine.
    Last edited by Artist701; 2009-10-03 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have Winterboard working on 3.1, but it is the first gen iphone, not the 3G or 3GS, not sure if this makes a difference

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I TOTALLY F#CKED UP on my 3GS, I am on 3.1 from Apple. Now its no more than a paper weight. No Jailbroken iPhone anymore. I'm pissed. Should have just stayed on 3.0 .. Guess I'll have to wait on a JB for true 3.1 out of the box or something. F@CK! I tried to downgrade with no luck, F&ckin Apple sucks. They blocked the restore options for us. B1tches!!! If anyone knows of a way I can downgrage back to 3.0, please let me know. I have a feeling a solution is far off in the distance...
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I TOTALLY F#CKED UP on my 3GS, I am on 3.1 from Apple. Now its no more than a paper weight. No Jailbroken iPhone anymore. I'm pissed. Should have just stayed on 3.0 .. Guess I'll have to wait on a JB for true 3.1 out of the box or something. F@CK! I tried to downgrade with no luck, F&ckin Apple sucks. They blocked the restore options for us. B1tches!!! If anyone knows of a way I can downgrage back to 3.0, please let me know. I have a feeling a solution is far off in the distance...
    If you were Jailbroken before, what's the problem? You have a Mac, don't you?

Hi Guys, anyone could share a Custom Firmware for 3GS 3.1 that is hacktivated? Thanks so much!! im a PC

Quote Originally Posted by Ozl View Post
    Hi Guys, anyone could share a Custom Firmware for 3GS 3.1 that is hacktivated? Thanks so much!! im a PC
    not allowed
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozl View Post
    No one will who wants to continue to be a member will help you. Sorry man, it's not allowed here.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast