Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

Still waiting for Windows...

Blackra1n is this tool can jailbreak iphone3gs after updating to 3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzzzzz

^ you should get your sticking z key fixed.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

angiepangie (2009-10-09), lilskaterpunk (2009-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ^ you should get your sticking z key fixed.
    Lol ya

Is there any 3.1 Jailbreak solution for Windows? I had downgraded to 3.0 from 3.1 on my 3gs as Saurik had hashed my Keys and had those on file. I'm now jailbroken on 3.0 (although my baseband was updated). Can I jailbreak up to 3.1 with Pwnage tool on Mac even though I originally jailbroke with windows, not pwnage tool?

yes
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Could I create a custom IPSW for my iphone 3gs with a Mac. And then take that IPSW put it on a USB Drive and then restore back to that 3.1 IPSW file on a Windows Machine? Is the 3.1 IPSW (firmware file) the same file that would be used by either Windows or Mac in and iphone restore, or is their different firmware for windows vs mac.

It's the same.

All that's required for jailbreak 3.1 on windows is the custom ipsw. Find a mac and create the custom then load it on windows through itunes. should work.

I bought a 3GS with 3.0.1fw and jailbroke it. After installing winterboard my phone wouldn't turn on anymore, so I had no choice but to restore with 3.1. Am I now able to use this pwnage to rejailbreak?

Thanks

Nope.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by Motats View Post
    I bought a 3GS with 3.0.1fw and jailbroke it. After installing winterboard my phone wouldn't turn on anymore, so I had no choice but to restore with 3.1. Am I now able to use this pwnage to rejailbreak?
    You did have an alternative - and that was to restore to a custom ipsw made with pwnage.
    But now you have updated to stock 3.1 you can no longer use pwnage and will have to wait for an alternative.

I really need to be able to tether...and have lost the tethering option after updating to 3.1(pawned).
    Has anyone been able to find a way to enable tethering (like in 3.0, without having to use a third party app such as PdaNet etc?
    Please only let me know if you have tried it for sure and that it does work. After JB, the option was there, but disappeared after I tried(and failed) to use it.
    Thanks.

I really need to be able to tether...and have lost the tethering option after updating to 3.1(pawned).
    Has anyone been able to find a way to enable tethering (like in 3.0, without having to use a third party app such as PdaNet etc?
    Please only let me know if you have tried it for sure and that it does work. After JB, the option was there, but disappeared after I tried(and failed) to use it.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 2009-10-10 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so if my 3gs running 3.1 already activated be unlocked? it came with 3.1

is there any hope to unlocked or jailbreak my 3gs 3.1? just bought and got 3.1.... m keeping this useless iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLexus View Post
    so if my 3gs running 3.1 already activated be unlocked? it came with 3.1
    If your 3gs came with 3.1, there is no tested and working jailbreak for that at the moment. Just hope the Dev-Team come up with something soon.

Question:
    If I have a custom built firmware (3.1 JB), built on a mac....can I take that firmware and use it to JB on a PC. For example: save custom firmware on a jumpdrive and then move it onto a PC and JB another iphone with the PC.

thanks, cousinoliver

Yes.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Campnorthstar72 (2009-10-10)

Default how can i downgrade my iphone 3.1
    i would like to know how to powerdown my iphone 3g os 3.1 so that i can jailbreak it to get file and put a lot more games and applications on it i need to know this please i will be thanksful for it please

Thanks

Umm.. what?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast