Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Then go into DFU by yourself...
    (p.s. it's USB not UBS)
    Noticed that after I posted it.

Trying DFU now will let you know if cydia shows up or not.

Still no cydia showing up after trying DFU. Followed all the steps that Poetic Folly had at the beginning of this thread. No Idea what I am doing wrong or why Cydia no longer shows up.
    Last edited by commish; 2009-10-05 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Does it restore the ipsw all the way?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Ok, I'm not sure if anybody has asked this yet but.. I received a custom j/b 3.1 IPSW file from my friend. The used their MAC to j/b with the pwnage tool and created the file. Is it safe to upgrade to that file on a windows PC? I currently have 3.0.1 on my 3GS. I just wanted to know before I move on and try it.

Thanks

^Yup it's fine as long as they have a 3GS too.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by JayWheelz View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure if anybody has asked this yet but.. I received a custom j/b 3.1 IPSW file from my friend. The used their MAC to j/b with the pwnage tool and created the file. Is it safe to upgrade to that file on a windows PC? I currently have 3.0.1 on my 3GS. I just wanted to know before I move on and try it.
    I was in the same position as u. I have iPhone 3GS 3.0FW (Windows) and got a 3.1FW Custom that is JB with Cydia, Non or activated, created with Pwnage Tool 3.1.3.
    I just need to restore to it now when I get time...
    Good thing for Custom FW's

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Does it restore the ipsw all the way?
    Yep, it does restore the IPSW completely. Goes through everything, restores the IPSW, got the IPSW from the link on this thread.

IPSW version listed on the phone is 3.1(7c144)

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    I was in the same position as u. I have iPhone 3GS 3.0FW (Windows) and got a 3.1FW Custom that is JB with Cydia, Non or activated, created with Pwnage Tool 3.1.3.
    I just need to restore to it now when I get time...
    Good thing for Custom FW's
    Did yours work or did you mean you haven't done it yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by commish View Post
    Yep, it does restore the IPSW completely. Goes through everything, restores the IPSW, got the IPSW from the link on this thread.

IPSW version listed on the phone is 3.1(7c144)
    Wait.. did you run the ipsw through pwnagetool first? Then restored to the custom one that pwnagetool gives you?

It'll work. That's what I did on my 3G
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-10-05 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait.. did you run the ipsw through pwnagetool first? Then restored to the custom one that pwnagetool gives you?

D/L the IPSW ran it through pwangetool, and then restored from the one that went through the pwangetool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There's NEWS about Sn0wBreeze is a new project aiming to bring PwnageTool functionality to Windows computers by October 12th.

SUCCESS STORY

I ran Pwnage Tool without problem though I didn't get the whole connection thing like the guide said. I restored to the custom firmware, phone showed I had one bar but it wasn't true and I had zero connection, and no I didn't have activate checked since I am legit AT&T. Airplane mode on/off, reset network settings, reboot. Nothing worked at all.

Really started pissing me off, so I restored with a new firmware, starting over from scratch of course. So far so good, but then I had a hell of a time restoring from backup. I literally started and stopped iTunes restoring from backup about 30 times. It would start the restore and my phone would just sit there with the screen black and doing nothing. Really really making me mad.

After wasting over 2 hours trying to tell iTunes, the sh*ttiest program ever made, to restore from backup I made yet ANOTHER ipsw with PwnageTool. (3rd time)

SUCCESS! I had iTunes start another restore from backup and after not doing anything for about 20 minutes, BAM! it was done with no fanfare and no indication that it was working at all. So happy! Oddly I have AT&T as my carrier in the top left and it's never not been there all throughout the three times I made 3 different firmwares. Oddly enough the logo shows up next to the signal bars but in the settings it says network not available. Any ideas from anyone?

Winterboard works fantastic, and everything I've installed so far has given me no trouble. My signal is pretty damn good now, I haven't had any trouble on the 3 or so calls I've made, and my MMS seem to go through faster even though I have really really sh*tty service everywhere I go.

Anybody have word on whether or not 3G Unrestricter works with the new baseband? So far no success.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2009-10-05 at 03:46 AM.

Well. Upgraded 2G from 3.0 + working MMS (no tethering), and 3.1 is running great. Carrier logo and all. Thanks!

Same here I tried everything bricked my phone, had to update to apple signed 3.1 real bummed I was good on 3.01 but Cydia has my hashes I think, am I screwed now?

I have not tried yet...

@angiepangie
    Where talking about 3GS, unless u had a typo. But ya, it should work no prob

Thanks

No I'm talking about a 3G.
    But it'll work on the 3GS too.

Fudge. Everything was working just fine. Went and installed ActivateMMS2G, and phone only boots to apple logo and a faded non spinning "loading circle"! Grrrr.

Any ideas?

Thanks

what phone?
    You're going to have to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Fudge. Everything was working just fine. Went and installed ActivateMMS2G, and phone only boots to apple logo and a faded non spinning "loading circle"! Grrrr.

Any ideas?
    Yeah, restore.

2G phone. Everything was working just fine too before this. So is MMS not working on 3.1 2Gs?

Thanks

umm.. didn't we just answer this question?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast