Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright I restored my 3gs for the first time after installing 3.1. What did work was the carrier symbol. That's back. I mean big whoop but ok. Now I can't seem to install the cydia Icon at all..I try to open redsn0w and browse for the ipsw and it still says "unable to recognize." Suggestions?

just make sure u use the right one

Quote Originally Posted by sgt sm00th View Post
    IPHONEKID - dude, no need to appologize. This is what forums are for...

As of right now, it seems that there are a few people with this problem. I hope your with AT&T because I had to upgrade to legit 3.1 thru itunes, which will cause you to lose your unlock (possibly forever, so if you unlocked, I would not advise this). Put your phone into recovery mode and then just restore thru itunes (no custom firmware). One it is updated you should be able to downgrade to 3.0 via this link Downgrade iPhone 3GS from iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0 | Redmond Pie . Then you will be able to JB 3.0 as long as itunes is pointing to Sauriks server and you have your ECID saved within cydia.

I hope this helps. I'm running 3.1 right now and intend on downgrading to 3.0 sometime this weekend.
    Extra thanks to SGT this worked great and i'm back on 3.1 after downgrading now I just need to get tethering back hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    Has the newest baseband for iPhone 3GS been unlocked? If not, you just may have lost the ability to unlock your iPhone for good.

I use the offical carrier in the uk so dont bother with unlocking it and soon other big carriers in the uk will have the iphone as well so if I wanted to change I can.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
    just make sure u use the right one
    Dumb question but how do I know if it's the right one? It's the same ipsw that I used to JB to 3.1 saved under my pwnage folder. Same place where redsn0w was and the ipsw when I JB'd my phone for the 1st time back in july or so? When I JB to 3.1 last night cydia some how appeared I guess after I searched for it but now I tried it and it doesn't work and I don't have an icy or Cydia icon app. Please help! Only that worked for me restoring a 2nd time was the carrier icon.

Default New PWNagetool on a Purplera1n 3GS worked for me...
    Thanks for the guide! This guide and the new PWNagetool on a Purplera1n broken 3GS worked for me...

Just in case someone with a similar config is researching. This HOW-TO did not specifically address if the Purplera1n jailbreak was among those that would work with the new Pwnagetool. I am here to report that it worked for me. Went totally be the numbers exactly as this guide said it would. I was on an Iphone 3Gs 32GB, with Firmware 3.0 that I had broken with Purplera1n. Never went to 3.01 or 3.1, as there was always another update around the corner.

Now the bad news is I had run APTBackup to backup all my jailbroken apps before this, and once I had it all redone, I used it to try to restore my jail-broken apps (that was the plan anyway) and instead what I got was a fatal Springboard crash / Safe mode loop. So I am in the process of doing it all over again. I suppose I'll have to reinstall my jail-broken apps the old fashioned way. Sure would be nice if there were a reliable way to back up all the non AppStore apps, and restore them all in one step.

Lee
    Last edited by buskeyl; 2009-10-03 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Gooberfied the initial post...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buskeyl For This Useful Post:

keithharper (2009-10-04), TurkEclipse (2009-10-03)

markmann did u restore from a back up???

is this for mac machines only

Pwnage has always been Mac only.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

^yes but u can get the ispw from a mac and restore on ur pc with itunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea I did just as the directions said. It was JB last night but with no AT&T icon. So this morning I did it again the same way as the directions said and now the AT&T icon is back but still no cydia. I don't understand how I got it there last night but now this time around no ICY or CYDIA. I browsed with redsn0w with the ipsw that was given.

try restoring and setup as new iphone, i had problems with cydia last night aswell but that fix it

What have you just restored to? What is your current FW and BB?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Won't restoring to a new phone lose all contacts n such? I'm currently on 3.1 with no cydia winterboard. Redsn0w can't
    find the Ipsw that was used to jb to 3.1

You can't JB 3.1 with RedSn0w.
    Have you updated to 3.1 in iTunes? What's your BB?

it will but u can sink all that right back in from ur computer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so so my mac already has all my contacts? Basically I'll lose my pix right?

Yes 3.1 itunes by pwnage. Not the regular legit way. I'm sorry BB?

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

{I TOTALLY F#CKED UP on my 3GS, I am on 3.1 from Apple. Now its no more than a paper weight. No Jailbroken iPhone anymore. I'm pissed. Should have just stayed on 3.0 .. Guess I'll have to wait on a JB for true 3.1 out of the box or something. [email protected]! I tried to downgrade with no luck, F&ckin Apple sucks. They blocked the restore options for us. B1tches!!! If anyone knows of a way I can downgrage back to 3.0, please let me know. I have a feeling a solution is far off in the distance...}

...just curious why you or anyone would upgrade?..Im on 3.0.1 and Im staying that way til redsn0w...what is the attraction?...just curious

BB=BaseBand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol I'm sorry I guess I'm a newb to that..I don't know. And yea sucks about the redsn0w on 3.1...

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast