Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released

..I'm happy for you guys.. I really am, and Imma let you finish.

..But the 2.0 jailbreak was the greatest Jailbreak of ALL time!.
    Last edited by Rev3rEND; 2009-10-03 at 12:22 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rev3rEND For This Useful Post:

pastahop (2009-10-03), soto806 (2009-10-03)

Hi guys. I haven't been in the 'iPhone Scene' for a while, and with the two latest updates, I am confused. I need help, and I beg you please to deal with my ignorance/Illiteracy. I will answer any kind of questions that you may need to help, so I will start with the basics.

- I currently have the 3.0 Firmware (used Redsn0w on it).
    - iPhone 3G.
    - Love Jailbreak.
    - Need the unlock.

Now my pretty question is simply a confirmation: Now that I have 3.0 (jailbroken with RedSn0w), I need to update to a 3.0.1 Jailbroken and then use PwnageTool 3.1? Or can I jump directly to 3.1?

Also please note that I am really ignorant on the scene ATM and I need to pick up. I read something about using Saurik's server instead of Apple's to activate my iPhone and I am ultimately confused about everything I need to do to update to 3.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No - that would be illegal - please don't ask.
    How is that illegal?
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Will apt backup work transitioning form 3.0 to 3.1? cause it didnt last time i used it and it was a pain

Quote Originally Posted by Rev3rEND View Post
    ..I'm happy for you guys.. I really am, and Imma let you finish.

..But the 2.0 jailbreak was the greatest Jailbreak of ALL time!.
    Kanye?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Hi guys. I haven't been in the 'iPhone Scene' for a while, and with the two latest updates, I am confused. I need help, and I beg you please to deal with my ignorance/Illiteracy. I will answer any kind of questions that you may need to help, so I will start with the basics.

- iPhone 3G.
    - Love Jailbreak.
    - Need the unlock.

Now my pretty question is simply a confirmation: Now that I have 3.0 (jailbroken with RedSn0w), I need to update to a 3.0.1 Jailbroken and then use PwnageTool 3.1? Or can I jump directly to 3.1?

Also please note that I am really ignorant on the scene ATM and I need to pick up. I read something about using Saurik's server instead of Apple's to activate my iPhone and I am ultimately confused about everything I need to do to update to 3.1.
    You can unlock 3.0 0r 3.01 using UltraSnow,
    You can use pwnage to update to 3.1 and still use ultraSn0w.
    The one thing you must make sure you don't so is update to stock 3.1 as this will update your BB and render UltraSn0w useless.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

- iPhone 3G.
    - Love Jailbreak.
    - Need the unlock.

Edit: WHat he said^
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

If you ever want to see how many stupid people there are in the world today just come to MMI.com right after the Dev-Team releases a new version of Pwnage Tool. It's unreal! If people would just learn to READ first before asking the same questions over and over and over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

blandv (2009-10-04)

Anyone know how to get tethering back after this 3.1 JB?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

No idea what this announcement means. I have a 3.0 - 3GS jailbroken with purple rain which is not mentioned here.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

The carrier logo missing was explained - if that's a major problem for you then you should not have done it.

Cydia problems are nothing to do with the Dev Team (unless they are caused by an overload due to the number of people updgrading)
    Carrier logo is not a major problem, and I hope your right.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    1. was your phone previously pwn'd with 3.0? (i.e. redsn0w or purplera1n)
    2. did you upgrade or restore?
    Yes it was redsn0wed on 3.0 and I restored not update

Ok... I have a link to a different forum that has links to the custom ispw for Windows users.

would posting that forum link be breaking any rules?. 'cause ..I did already, but retracted the link real quick, don't want to get banned or anything

Also if anyone needs the .ipsw I have a custom one but dont know where hot to upload it?

I'll patiently wait for a RedSn0w Jailbreak. I cannot trust X user to make a firmware and accidently upgrade my baseband. I do not require an unlock but it helps resale value.

In the mean time...Good luck to the mods deleting all the illegal links

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yay! Hahahah!! Awsome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev3rEND View Post
    Ok... I have a link to a different forum that has links to the custom ispw for Windows users.

would posting that forum link be breaking any rules?. 'cause ..I did already, but retracted the link real quick, don't want to get banned or anything
    You really shouldn't be visiting forums like that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

You can unlock 3.0 0r 3.01 using UltraSnow,
    You can use pwnage to update to 3.1 and still use ultraSn0w.
    The one thing you must make sure you don't so is update to stock 3.1 as this will update your BB and render UltraSn0w useless.
    So just let me confirm me this: Right now EVERYTHING I need to do is to run the PwnageTool, make a custom ipsw without upgrading the baseband, and that's it? Or do I have to do the weird server thing related to Saurik people mentioned earlier in the thread?

So just let me confirm me this: Right now EVERYTHING I need to do is to run the PwnageTool, make a custom ipsw without upgrading the baseband, and that's it? Or do I have to do the weird server thing related to Saurik people mentioned earlier in the thread?
    What phone, what FW are you on now? Is it JB? Unlocked?
    More info please.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok simple question when the dev team releases the redsnow for 3.1 hopefully which is soon I had to restore my phone to 3.1 bc I had a problem. I dont give a sh*t about the modem or unlock whatever but will I be able to jailbreak the dam thing lol?

I posted the info on the other page (9), but sure, here you go:

- iPhone 3G.
    - Love Jailbreak.
    - Need the unlock.

Thanks for answering (Will click the thanks buttons once I get answers ).

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast