Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released

I upgraded my 3GS to 3.1 but i have my SHSH and Ecid files, can i still jailbreak??

Quote Originally Posted by dbrose77 View Post
    Can I just check if I am getting this right.

I currently have a 3G[S] v3.0.1 JB'd with Redsn0w.
    My 3.0 ECID SHSH is on file with saurik
    My device has never been upgraded to 3.1.

If you make a custom general IPSW are you saying we should be able to restore this through itunes and the phone will change to 3.1 but still be jailbroken without the use of PWNAGE or REDSN0W?
    Yes. From what I'm reading from the Dev's blog and this site, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by supershick View Post
    uploading to sendspace right now guys. will the mods pull the link down if i post it up?
    Yes, what you are doing is illegal and highly likely to get MMi in trouble - please don't offer illegal software here.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I used redsn0w to jailbreak my iphone 3G S to 3.0.1 for me and i just used the new pwnage tool to update to 3.1, seem to work fine and everything besides it whipped out my phone, so i have to re-sync everything from my backup and re install all my apps that i had when i jail broke it, and another weird thing i noticed from when i did the 3.0.1 update that i unchecked activate phone under general settings in pwnage and it worked so i tried it on this one and it works but i noticed in the top left theres no AT&T logo but there is a edge or 3g one as in the pic

but yet i can still make calls and text/MMS

i can make a .ipsw for you folks on windows. tell me what you want and i'll upload it to a sharing site for you to download.
    How to used ur .ispw file for windows userss!!!!pls help windows user

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

i can make a general ipsw for you guys and then you can just restore using itunes. i'm going to make the partition size 801MB. Let me know if you guys want more.
    Offering files as this can get one in trouble.... we do not allow this on MMI. This is a polite warning....

Default Confirmed
    Just upgraded and jb my 3.0 3Gs to 3.1. Was previously jb by purplerain. JB went flawlessly! Good job dev team!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggonzoe For This Useful Post:

iPhoneKid1982 (2009-10-02), llescaflownell (2009-10-02)

No worries tooth, I won't post it up and get MMi in trouble. Good citizen here =P

^ and your problem is? Did you read the Dev Team's blog where it explains that your carrier logo goes?
    See update 2 at Dev-Team Blog - 3 ? fun!

[edit]This was in reply to post #84

Can people please stop posting while i'm typing - I'm not very quick....[/edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-10-02 at 11:43 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What about if I used purplerain to JB i'm on a 3GS with 3.0 JB anyone? Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ggonzoe View Post
    Just upgraded and jb my 3.0 3Gs to 3.1. Was previously jb by purplerain. JB went flawlessly! Good job dev team!
    where you unlocked using ultrasn0w or purplesn0w?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

i can make a general ipsw for you guys and then you can just restore using itunes. i'm going to make the partition size 801MB. Let me know if you guys want more.
    Posting of custom firmware is not permitted.
    Remember, Infractions will be issued if posted.

It works. Just jb about 5min ago

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ggonzoe For This Useful Post:

iPhoneKid1982 (2009-10-02)

Oops never mine just needed to look at this page thanks guy that confirmed i'm off to JB woo hoo

No. I still use att

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

^ Supershick.... please keep to the topic of this thread and keep it legal.

Have 3GS which was jailbroken with Redsn0w on 3.01 firmware.

Upgraded using Pwnage Tool on my mac - worked fine. Whole process including the restore of data took about 30mins.

Quote Originally Posted by kambozza View Post
    where you unlocked using ultrasn0w or purplesn0w?
    The unlock is not an issue - it looks like it will work with phones pwned by pooplera1n and if necessary you should be able to unlock using UltraSn0w - I don't know if poopleSn0w will work but it shouldn't be a problem.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

hydroabiscuit (2009-10-02), kambozza (2009-10-02)

quick question, when upgrading the custom FW to 3.1 with the unlock intact, is it best to upgrade or restore?

There is a lot of info here and i may have missed it.

I JB my iphone 3G S on 3.0 and also 3.0.1 but updated to 3.1

As i JB my iphone on 3.0 and 3.0.1 before I updated does this mean I an use this method to JB my 3.1 3G S ??

Thanks in advance

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast