Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released

Thanks

My Battery Percentage and MakeItMine carrier stayed even after the JB.

AptBackup restore made my Springboard crash perpetually, leaving me in safe mode. After a complete re-jailbreak, it looks like it was Cyntacts causing the crash.

Facebook has been acting weird and my battery life is HORRIBLE, but I thong these are both 3.1 issues.

Outside of that, everything seems good - just trying to get ally prefa back in order.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    My Battery Percentage and MakeItMine carrier stayed even after the JB.

AptBackup restore made my Springboard crash perpetually, leaving me in safe mode. After a complete re-jailbreak, it looks like it was Cyntacts causing the crash.

Facebook has been acting weird and my battery life is HORRIBLE, but I thong these are both 3.1 issues.

Outside of that, everything seems good - just trying to get ally prefa back in order.
    The Facebook issue isn't just you...it's having problems on the website and for non iPhone users as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

i think you miss undersood me i know you cant post anything here if some one would just pm that would be great

^That is not allowed.
    If Apple though MMi was complicit in facilitating the distribution of custom FW they could get nasty.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry to ask to ask a a simplistic question:

1) Out of curiosity- wasn't only redsn0w released for 3.0/3.0.1 3GS software?

2) So I can jailbreak my 3.0.1 3GS (Already jailbroken with redsn0w) and then use ultrasn0w 0.9 to unlock so I can use on TMobile?

3) Aren't there still a lot of debates going on with 3.1 fw since it was causing battery leaks and other problems with iPhones? Is upgrading even necessary/advantageous?

Thanks in advance!

1)Yes, so far
    2) yes
    3) yes
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (2009-10-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone start a thread in the appropriate place about issues with 3.1 on iphones? Just so all of us debating on upgrading will know.... it seems like upgrading gets even more risky with each update from Apple....

If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

blandv (2009-10-04), Windmeel (2009-10-04)

You must be new around here

That is the same as when everyone went from 2.2 to 2.2.1. There is no way to maintain your baseband and an unlock without creating a custom firmware. It is still 3.1 but without the upgraded baseband.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-10-04 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (2009-10-04)

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt3246 View Post
    yep Im not sure why people are even calling this a 3.1 jailbreak when it is not. This is nothing but a customized 3.1 firmware installed on a jailbroken 3.0 phone and baseband.

NOT A TRUE 3.1 unlock or jailbreak.... what a let down!

Those who bash me go ahead I have a 3gs on 3.0.1 and would NEVER just put a custom 3.1 to SAY its a unlocked 3.1. ITS NOT! PLUS 3.1 does NOTHING than 3.0.1 cant do...

Not quite sure where you are coming from? 3.1 JB is not out yet but will be sometime - are you just complaining because it's not available now?

What is it that you want and why do you think you are entitled to it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (2009-10-04)

Thanks

Umm.. it is a 3.1 jailbreak. It jailbreaks 3.1 does it not?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Umm.. it is a 3.1 jailbreak. It jailbreaks 3.1 does it not?
    Not really, it just puts a modified 3.1 ipsw on your "already jailbroken device"
    But I agree, it is still 3.1 and it is jailbroken at that point

why would I be complaining I have a 3gs one 3.0.1. You always jump somebodies balls. I CAN CARE less Im runnign 3.0 3.1 does nothing I cant already do. I have MMS, I have Tethering, I have JB, I have UL. NOT complaining, Complaining abnotu all the people poppin off saying they have a UNLOCKED and JAILBROKE 3gs 3.1 and they dont....

DO YOU GET THAT?

Wrong it does not jail break 3.1
    Take a xanax

Thanks

I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

NOT A TRUE 3.1 unlock or jailbreak.... what a let down!
    Is not complaining?

Thanks

Okiedokie. Then calm down

What they are saying is that they have an Unlocked and Jailbroken iphone on 3.1. It doesnt matter how they word it, they are still unlocked and jailbroken and running 3.1...doesnt that make sense to you?

You just don't get it. The phone is what is jailbroken, not the software. The jailbreak allows for the loading of any custom firmware onto the 3GS. So anyone who uses a custom ipsw to upgrade to 3.1 is indeed running 3.1 on a jailbroken device. So they have a jailbroken 3.1 firmware. It does not matter if you upgrade to 3.1 first and then jailbreak, or upgrade using a custom 3.1, you are still upgrading the software. This was Saurik's main goal in the beginning to make a firmware upgrade available through cydia. You are looking way too much into things and if it bothers you that much than you should probably just stay away from any custom 3.1

Default Lost MMS
    I appear to have lost MMS - I had manually added the carrier file for it since I didn't have 3.1. Do I just redo that or can I get it "the official way" in iTunes?

Redo it or get the official one, doesnt matter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast