Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

# make sure iTunes is currently NOT running.
    # open a command window (start->run->cmd.exe)
    # execute the following

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

# close the command window
    # start iTunes
    # shift click the "update" or "check for update" button and browse to the ATT_US_STEALTH.ipcc file downloaded above.
    # Once the update has installed, disconnect and reboot your iphone

or on a mac

# Start Terminal (Applications > Utilities)
    # Run the following command: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

darwina (2009-09-27)

Still not working for me, I get the red exclamation point That says your message was not sent. Tap "try again" to send this message. When I click it, it doesnt send.

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEblue16 View Post
    Still not working for me, I get the red exclamation point That says your message was not sent. Tap "try again" to send this message. When I click it, it doesnt send.
    do you have wifi turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by bsheek View Post
    I just found out you can also MMS your Voice Memos...pretty cool.

you can also MMS Contacts too !!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Quote Originally Posted by frail1 View Post
    do you have wifi turned off?
    Yes I do, I have 3G on. I tried edge as well and same thing.

Thanks

IS that 6.0 Stealth safe for 3.0.1 3G?

i didnt notice but i must have lost the tether option when updated to 3.1 ?? none of the ipcc files are bringing it back im on a 3g 3.1 jb ?? as far as mms its been off and on currently not working with any file here on the eastern coast of maine

That happened to my daughter's iphone so I held down the sleep/wake and home and then let go of home while holding the prev. button and the plug and itunes symbol pops up then plug into pc or mac and let the rest happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEblue16 View Post
    Yes I do, I have 3G on. I tried edge as well and same thing.
    that's strange. my MMS just STOPPED working today. now it works, but only when wifi is off which annoys me because i use wifi all the time and i never turned it off before.

Default Solved my no camera icon problem.
    OK ... I feel really stupid. Did the carrier update but wasn't getting the camera icon when messaging.

Finally realized I had the "MMS Messaging field" set to off on the Settings/Messages screen.

I think I turned it off a few weeks ago when I tried the BenM thing and it didn't work for me.

So MMS now working for me in the NY Metro area (although slowly).

installed the 6.0 stealth using the methods here.
    I did not change any of the carrier settings, is that required?
    I can receive MMS, but all of my attempts to send have failed regardless of wifi on or off. would you perceive based on the reception of a message that ATT is simply overloaded at the moment and sooner or later my attempts to send will work?

JB 3.0 GS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0Milk0 View Post
    IS that 6.0 Stealth safe for 3.0.1 3G?
    yes it is. It works on 3G and 3GS versions 3.0, 3.01, and 3.1*

*tethering does not work on 3.1 because the apns fields now have digital signatures. If its not properly signed then tethering will not work. If you check your /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.MobileInternetSharing.plist you will see the state set at 1020 which is tethering off. If you change the state to 1023 and reboot it brings the tethering option back. However when you go to turn the tethering back on it tries to verify the digital signature and if it doesnt match, tethering is turned off again and the state is returned to 1020.

Quote Originally Posted by docstone View Post
    installed the 6.0 stealth using the methods here.
    I did not change any of the carrier settings, is that required?
    I can receive MMS, but all of my attempts to send have failed regardless of wifi on or off. would you perceive based on the reception of a message that ATT is simply overloaded at the moment and sooner or later my attempts to send will work?

JB 3.0 GS
    MMS does not use wifi so it shouldn't matter if its off or on. I would reset network settings and try again. AT%T's network is getting hammered for sure.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-09-26 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

docstone (2009-09-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didnt get the text message yet but i hooked up my phone and it updated carrier settings to 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    yes it is. It works on 3G and 3GS versions 3.0, 3.01, and 3.1*

*tethering does not work on 3.1 because the apns fields now have digital signatures. If its not properly signed then tethering will not work. If you check your /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.MobileInternetSharing.plist you will see the state set at 1020 which is tethering off. If you change the state to 1023 and reboot it brings the tethering option back. However when you go to turn the tethering back on it tries to verify the digital signature and if it doesnt match, tethering is turned off again and the state is returned to 1020.
    For me, I don't even get those options, but I did notice that, upon rebooting (while it is still at the Apple logo), my Mac detects a new network interface. When I lost tethering last month, I deleted the USB tethering interface from Network Preferences. I checked out Settings>General>Network, and Internet Tethering wasn't there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

for att website
    To enable MMS messaging, connect your iPhone to your computer and click "Check for Update" in iTunes. Once the update is complete, restart your iPhone by turning it off then on again. Note that iPhone OS 3.1 is required so you may need to update your software first.

Thanks

the wifi thing is actually true stealth. I know it doesn't make any sense, but i can send a message, turn on wifi and get the red !, turn it off and it goes through again. each and every time.

is the video cam only on 3GS phones ?

Thanks

I would like to contribute to this thread but my avatar says it all.

Thanks
    wife is jb with iphone 3g and 3.0 with the ipcc 5.5 and can send mms just cant receive. any help?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast