Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Not an issue for me !!

My 3GS is still on 3.0, jailbroke and unlocked, though still with AT&T. When I unlocked months ago, it "enabled" the MMS field in Network so I was able to put the AT&T MMS settings from BenM.at. However, MMS never worked until I got that text from AT&T saying it's now available. When I synced with iTunes, I never received the notice for a new carrier setting. I assume I won't get that until I upgrade to 3.1. I did a few test MMS messages, and was able to send and receive them with other AT&T non-iPhone users. I haven't tried sending to other carriers. Just wanted to share with the group here.

Thanks

Where would i find past .ipcc files like 4.0 I tried google but no luck?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is my issue...

I received the text message from AT&T that mms has been enabled. *I have tried the official ipcc file uploaded in the original mms 5.5... Reset network settings, restarted the phone... Had wifi turned off and attempted to send a message to myself... Stopped at 90% and hung there for five minutes.

Restarted the phone again, and nothing.

Tried the 6.0 file stealth uploaded and same thing.

Here's where it gets weird, if I'm tring to send an mms, the pictures shows up... If I go into all messages, then back into the MSG I'm trying to send, the picture disappears but still shows up as sending. Also, I had a friend send me an mms and it popped up as an alert but, instead of the image it says "1 attachment image". I open the message and I get the arrow next to the text but the image isn't there.*

I've got a 32gig 3GS, on jb 3.0.1...

I'm at wits end on this one and don't know what else to do short of doing a fresh install of 3.0.1 with jailbreak...

Anyone have any ideas on this???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my 3G w/3.0fw on mms by following Stealthbravos guide for manually installing using ssh except I used iphonebrowser 1.9.3.0
    works great !!!
    Thanks You Stealthbravo !

First and foremost thank you stealth for the 6.0 its working great. But I was wondering if anyone out there who is running the 6.0 carrier settings could help me out with the tethering aspect. I have been trying to tether using USB but haven't been able to get it. Tried on my MacBook Pro and my msi wind netbook running windows 7 and havent been able to get it to work on either one. My main focus is getting it to work on my windows netbook can anyone help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

For my post above, could it be bitesms that is messing this stuff up?

If so, after uninstalling in cydia, what other files do I need to remove via ssh or to COMPLETELY remove bitesms from the iPhone... Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK, got ahead of myself... I'm getting the red exclamation points... failure to send, cannot receive mms either.Have tried resetting reloading
    nothing. What else ?? do I need to call att or activate mms ?

Well, Well... called AT&T... they re registered my phone... mms now works !!
    Last edited by chuckr; 2009-09-29 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leletyM3 View Post
    I am on a 2G iPhone data plan...I think that the opt out is blocking me from sending MMS! Anyone got a good way to ask CS to remove that....
    Same here. Has anybody found a way around this without being forced to upgrade to the 3G data plan? Hopefully a simple hack can do the trick in the future...

Thumbs down blehhhhhhhh
    this smells .. ive spent way too much time tryin to get this crap to work .. ive tried every variation of carrier file .. 6.0 stealth, 5.5, 5.0 with bonus mms setting upgrade, sshing the bundles .. yada yada .. i even called at&t and my phone's been properly provisioned .. no clue but mms still is giving me red[!] love for sending and i cant receive .. i may have previously had swirlymms installed but idr if i did a restore since i uninstalled taht garbage .. prolly did .. anyhoo im stuck .. any insight would be splendid ..

i dont feel like restoring and losing all 11 pages of apps plus all my lovely customizations .. >_<

iPhone 3g 8b 3.0 btw

Quote Originally Posted by secks View Post
    this smells .. ive spent way too much time tryin to get this crap to work .. ive tried every variation of carrier file .. 6.0 stealth, 5.5, 5.0 with bonus mms setting upgrade, sshing the bundles .. yada yada .. i even called at&t and my phone's been properly provisioned .. no clue but mms still is giving me red[!] love for sending and i cant receive .. i may have previously had swirlymms installed but idr if i did a restore since i uninstalled taht garbage .. prolly did .. anyhoo im stuck .. any insight would be splendid ..

i dont feel like restoring and losing all 11 pages of apps plus all my lovely customizations .. >_<

iPhone 3g 8b 3.0 btw
    follow what i posted, im on 3.0 and it worked for me.

I have an 8gb 3G running 3.0.1 w/no problems (6.0 stealth). I'd look to your system for the problem, as if many of us have the same phone and firmware, it would seem to be a system (hacks, themes, apps) issue.

ok wait

ok wait

So you guys are tellin me that I updated from my jailbroken 3.0 to unjailbroken 3.1 thinking i was going to get MMS but since i dont have a DATA plan with ATT i cant use MMS?

FML

is there any way to use MMS without having the data plan?
    Last edited by Un0RiGiNaL; 2009-10-01 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I believe a data plan is required for MMS.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

Un0RiGiNaL (2009-10-01)

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I believe a data plan is required for MMS.
    FML

whyyyyyyyy do they have to send it on 3g network. i thought most people jailbroke the iphone so they dont have to pay for the data plan...

Can't speak for anyone else, but I jailbroke to access custom alerts for Calendar, texts and mail. Also, to customize lockscreen and icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0RiGiNaL View Post
    FML

whyyyyyyyy do they have to send it on 3g network. i thought most people jailbroke the iphone so they dont have to pay for the data plan...
    What's the point of having an iPhone without a data plan?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

diggie2002 (2009-10-08)

Alright, question.

I'm on AT&T with their data plan for 3G, and I'm using stealth bravo's 5.0 custom ipcc.

If I use tethering from that, will AT&T find out and charge me for it?

Quote Originally Posted by nonyabiz View Post
    follow what i posted, im on 3.0 and it worked for me.
    ya i've already tried that no dice ..

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast