Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Stealth!!!! Thanks a lot. got it working. Just need to add to go to settings and switch on MMS. Had to SSH it into the phone after all else failed. Could not do it through iTunes. Kept getting error firmware to allowed on device. Also tried to update to 3.0.1 and kept getting error message that that firmware NOT authorized for my device???? Scrolled down and saw u had SSH directions. THAT WAS SOOOOO MUCH EASIER!!
    Last edited by seanobx; 2009-09-27 at 05:26 PM.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Awesome

Just a quick reminder for those that have updated their carrier file and can't get the MMS icon to show in the text app.

Go to settings > Messages > and make sure MMS Messaging is turned on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is for 3G iphone with 3.1
    Call AT&T like I did but before you do make sure that your account said 3G phone and you have 3G data. When I purchase the phone and update to 3.1 my phone was aacting up funny took it to apple and replace it. At&t will see that you have a iphone 3g but not the righ serial # or IEM you need to call them and update this and you will be all set.
    P.S.
    shut down the phone after you talk to them and remove the sim card for 2 to 3 min and install sim card and done.
    call from another line not from the iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    This is for 3G iphone with 3.1
    Call AT&T like I did but before you do make sure that your account said 3G phone and you have 3G data. When I purchase the phone and update to 3.1 my phone was aacting up funny took it to apple and replace it. At&t will see that you have a iphone 3g but not the righ serial # or IEM you need to call them and update this and you will be all set.
    P.S.
    shut down the phone after you talk to them and remove the sim card for 2 to 3 min and install sim card and done.
    call from another line not from the iphone
    I am 0n 3.0 3G. I had to do the same thing to get my mms working. The serial number they had on my account was for a 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmandam View Post
    hey guys I got a question I have a 3g unlock and jailbroken with t-mobile I have mms for my phone now but I was wondering if I should do the carrie update because this seems to be better photos sending the the one I have ?? so guys please let me know if I should update the carrier setting
    im in the same situation so can someone answer? im using SpookyET
    method to get mms working on tmobile..so is using this update carrier for at&t worth it for tmobile users? or only at&t?
    I rather mms work on is on then having to use tweaks for it to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have repo.***************** as a source on cydia it has a mms and teathering settings that say they work for tmobile so try that and see if it helps any just remember to read the description and follow what it says!

Ok, I updated my carrier settings to 6.0 and can't seem to send or receive MMS. I called ATT and she took messaging off my plan and then reinstalled it with no luck.

I'm currently running a Jailbroken 3.0 firmware. Any suggestions on what I need to change?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianC636 View Post
    Ok, I updated my carrier settings to 6.0 and can't seem to send or receive MMS. I called ATT and she took messaging off my plan and then reinstalled it with no luck.

I'm currently running a Jailbroken 3.0 firmware. Any suggestions on what I need to change?
    If you have a 3G make sure they have a 3G serial number on your settings at att. You get that by dialing *#06#

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelvingeorge View Post
    The Rep said that they switched me over to 3G when I made the call.
    Oh, I see. So now your paying for the 3G data plan? Did they extend your contact or anything else?

Worked like a charm on my JB 3GS. Removed MakeItMine through cydia before completing the carrier update. Complete re-boot after the install, and my first MMS was successful. Thanks stealth and all others!

Default does mms work on jailbroken phones
    I have a jailbroken Iphone 3g with 3.1 firmware, if i update the carrier settings like its asking me to do with Itunes, will it restore my phone back to stock...?????please let me know

Thanks

It will not restore your phone back to stock. It will just update the carrier settings on the phone

Thanks

Default Mms
    Stealth, I have a 3g on 3.0 and did the 6.0 carrier update. When I try to send i get red !. I do not have an ATT internet plan. Do I need the internet plan to have mms?

Thanks

You must have some sort of data plan with AT&T. Sorry

Thanks

that is a sad response. well this really sucks.

whats the differnece between your 6.0 and the 5.5 everyone else has going around?
    Last edited by BradTrinh24; 2009-09-28 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

5.5 is the official one from AT&T, I made 6.0 by adding tethering and cellular data editing to it

Finally got my MMS working after 3 days of the Red Exclamation mark. Thanks again to StealthBravo for his modified 6.0.

So here's what happened. If anyone has any of those special texting plans TMS4 or TMB9, this covers SMS only. I had to activate Pay Per MMS ($0.30 Each MMS) to my account to activate it. I don't use MMS much so I'd rather stick to my TMB9 (750 SMS for $7.49). The couple of MMS's I do send/receive won't break the bank (or hit $8 each month which would just make me get the 1500 SMS/MMS plan). It's just nice to know I have the option.

Thanks again.

I am on a 2G iPhone data plan...I think that the opt out is blocking me from sending MMS! Anyone got a good way to ask CS to remove that....

Thanks

So is it a known issue that WiFi won't work when going to 6.0 or is that just me?

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast