Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Thanks

it took a lot of reading but it looks like MMS is working with me, too.
    I got the 3GS With 3.0 JB.
    I didn't want to upgrade to 3.1 fearing the losing of the JB.
    I used Stealths carrier 6.0.
    thanx!

I got it to work yay. Thanks for responding. At first, I didn't understand that holding alt/option while clicking update would prevent iTunes from updating the iPhone to 3.1.

I wish I had 3GS because I want to be able to send videos LOL. I can do that by email with iPhoneVideoRecorder, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Glad you got it working

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

weazle23 (2009-09-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine had been working for a couple weeks then yesterday it quit so i updated to stealths 6.0 still wouldnt work. Woke up this morning tried again and its working fine on a 3gs running jb 3.0

Hey, I'm on the 6.0 Carrier with 3.0 iPhone software, but I dont see the MMS Icon anywhere. What would you suggest to do in order to get the actual MMS icon to show up. But in Settings, I see 6.0 under Carrier Version

ps: I never got the ATT message either.

Quote Originally Posted by diggie2002 View Post
    Ok, this morning I ran a hack from a different site and a settings app that went with it, if I change my sim card to my razr for a few minutes, wait for a few minutes for it to show up in my att account as a razr being my device, replaced my sim back into my iphone and presto....I have MMS. Although it doesnt last long. I was able to mms this morning for about an hour. ATT says theres nothing they can do. I have a 2g, 3.0, JB, carrier att4.0

Are you on a 2G iphone data plan too? If so how did you remove the mmS opt out?

Glad it worked. (From reports, video on the 3G(S) looks cra..., er, poor.) Probably not worth wishing for a newer phone just for that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I have the original 2G data plan with an iPhone 3G I brought off the streets a while back. When you call AT&T to get MMS resolved, did they flip the switch on MMS or changed your data plan to 3G? My contract is over for I was one of the early adopters back in '07 and I'm not trying to sign another 2 year. Hopefully there's a way around this without being raped. If anybody found a solution, please inform me. Thanks.
    The Rep said that they switched me over to 3G when I made the call.

Ah, wow... Apple screwed me again on this one. So you're saying the 2G doesn't get mms features? Only the 3g and 3gs? Wow... Considering I paid 700 for the phone barely 2 years ago, this sucks.

Any work around?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think the 2G is capable of sending mms but for some reason known only to at&t they block it. I see diggie2002 is on @G and got it working.

So I have to call to make a switch? Does anyone know the number to call?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For anyone who is still having issues with MMS working you may want to call ATT and make sure you have correct Messaging Plan. I tried every different thing and nothing worked. So, I called ATT and for some reason they had me on the wrong Messaging Plan. The rep switched it and I restarted my phone and now everything is wonderful. JB 3G with 3.01 and Stealth 6.0 ipcc

what number did you call?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just called 611 from my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dialed 611 from my iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

when my phone got fried a couple of weeks ago, i updated to 3.1 (it was the current FW in itunes) but redsn0w doesnt support 3.1, so i put a custom 3.0.1 FW on it when i used redsn0w. when i look at my current FW in my settings on my phone, it says 3.0.1, but i dont have any teathering options (and my custom carrier logo that i SSH'd in before) will not appear either. should i do the help.BenM.at thing to make teathering work again?

oh and im on stealth's 6.0 w/ working MMS, working on wifi, and working VVM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Hey, I'm on the 6.0 Carrier with 3.0 iPhone software, but I dont see the MMS Icon anywhere. What would you suggest to do in order to get the actual MMS icon to show up. But in Settings, I see 6.0 under Carrier Version

ps: I never got the ATT message either.
    Same for me. I'm running 3.0 on my 3GS and have tried several diffeent carrier files and can't seem to get the MMS/camera icon to show.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I did have it working a couple weeks ago by updating the carrier file just as described by these instructions. I accidently opened Swirly MMS and I immediately got a pop up message from the Swirly MMS app letting me know it would disable the MMS capability of my text app as they can't work together.

I closed Swirly MMS and open my text app, only to see I no longer had the MMS/camera icon.

I removed Swirly MMS and now I can't seem to get the MMS/camera icon back. I've tried the 5.0, 5.1, 5.5 and Stealth's 6.0 carrier files and haven't been able to get any of them to show the MMS/camera icon in my text app.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I dont know. Im on carrier 5.1 and everything works fine. Both Tethering and MMS work flawlessly.

Is there really any reason for me to update? The way i see it, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

after sending or receiving video threw mms the quality sucks! i guess they automatically compress it?

I just wanted to chime in and highlight the fact that you can email using MMS! Just put the email address in the To field! I like this feature better since most of my friends don't use MMS on their phones!

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast