Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS is On - Boom

Thanks

i did the workaround 2 weeks ago when it was posted here but i would get the red exclamation point but since thursday it would send and recieve pics but while sending it lags at the last 10% of the message for about 45 seconds then goes through anyone know why this is?

also my carrier settings are 5.1
    Last edited by ecd5000; 2009-09-26 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

OK guys, I'm starting to lose my mind over here. I have a 3G/3.0 and I'm trying to update without having to go to 3.1

Here is the first thing I tried and was unsuccessful at, maybe you guys can help me:

In the command center I type everything in just the same as it is supposed to be and hit enter and then it just brings up the next C>. Is that all its supposed to do in the command center? Does that mean the command went through?

Then when I do the shift+update in iTunes it says “The Iphone could not be updated. An unknown error has occured.

What am I doing wrong?!!!!

I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking about going ahead and upgrading to 3.1

I'm currently using a jailbroken 3g / 3.0

Can you guys tell me what will I be losing by upgrading to 3.1 in iTunes?
    Last edited by S.O.T.B.; 2009-09-26 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got carrier 5.1 installed on my JB 3.0, but I've only been able to send just ONE pic message since. if the WiFi is on, it doesn't even work at all! Is there another carrier update that I should be downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by usingthejohn View Post
    I got carrier 5.1 installed on my JB 3.0, but I've only been able to send just ONE pic message since. if the WiFi is on, it doesn't even work at all! Is there another carrier update that I should be downloading?
    Sweet you're one up on me at least. lol. Well on my way to at&t with my sim card now. Hopefully this fixes my mms or lack there of now too. [email protected]@rds.

Thanks
    Yes! Finally!

Hit "Thanks" if I helped

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Sweet you're one up on me at least. lol. Well on my way to at&t with my sim card now. Hopefully this fixes my mms or lack there of now too. [email protected]@rds.
    Good luck! Let us know

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    i did the workaround 2 weeks ago when it was posted here but i would get the red exclamation point but since thursday it would send and recieve pics but while sending it lags at the last 10% of the message for about 45 seconds then goes through anyone know why this is?

also my carrier settings are 5.1
    Mine does this too. its probably because the pics on the iphone are pretty big...and it just takes a min to go through. it loads fast because the pic is already stored in your phone. so, the lag is probably from it sending out. At least that's what i think. kind of the same concept when you download pics for your email, how it takes a few seconds to download before you can view.

Default 3GS 3.01 JB MMS problems with WiFi on
    I'm chiming in with the folks who are seeing problems with the new IPCCs and sending MMSs with WiFi on.

I have Stealth's 6.0 IPCC installed, reset my network settings, etc. I can send MMSs if I'm not connected to WiFi, and I can receive them both when on WiFi and on EDGE/3G. When connected to WiFi, no go, 95% and then failure each time.

I wonder if this might be a 3.0 vs 3.1 bug?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.T.B. View Post
    OK guys, I'm starting to lose my mind over here. I have a 3G/3.0 and I'm trying to update without having to go to 3.1

Here is the first thing I tried and was unsuccessful at, maybe you guys can help me:

In the command center I type everything in just the same as it is supposed to be and hit enter and then it just brings up the next C:>. Is that all its supposed to do in the command center? Does that mean the command went through?

Then when I do the shift+update in iTunes it says “The Iphone could not be updated. An unknown error has occured.

What am I doing wrong?!!!!

I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking about going ahead and upgrading to 3.1

I'm currently using a jailbroken 3g / 3.0

Can you guys tell me what will I be losing by upgrading to 3.1 in iTunes?
    I am on 3.0 also 3G and got it working this morning. I used Stealth's file last night and I got everything but I kept getting the red exclamation mark. I called AT&T this morning and the rep told me to enter *#60# and repeat the numbers shown to her. She told me that I was on a 2G plan hence the red exclamation error. I think thats how they kept mms from working. I used my 3G without problems. Everything worked fine. Tell them that you updated to 3.1 and updated your carrier info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    finally

I took the official ipcc and added tethering and access to the cellular data menu. Here is AT&T 6.0
    Thanks Stealth, this worked for me PERFECTLY on 3.0.

Thanks

OK....I have a 3gs with 5.5 and I can send pictures ONLY with 3G turned OFF. How weird is that?

JB, 3.01, 5.5 Carrier

So far, this is what has happened (on 5.5):

When I updated the carrier setting I received two pictures right away, one from my mom the night before, and the second from a friend who also sent the night before (She is on 3GS and got the go ahead text message from ATT two days early).
    I tried to send MMS through the text app, but no luck. I installed SwirlyMMS and sent a picture and the person said they got it. However, I couldnt receive through swirly.

I downgraded the carrier settings to 5.0 to not lose the options you lose when upgrading and now I get nothing. Not even through Swirly. I can still send messages through Swirly but still cant receive anything.

All this mess is something that Im sure will get fixed, its probably due to overload and first day jitters (hopefully)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    thank you sir, worked perfect

In my case couldn't send MMS all day and into the early evening last night, but then it started working just fine with no changes here. So I think for me (and hopefully many others getting the horrible red !) it was just managing to wait out ATT's network being crushed

thanks stealth, the tethering in 6.0 is sweet.

I found that I couldn't get a text to send, but a picture would. Finally tracked it down to having the subject line box checked in prefs. Unchecked it and texts would go through (I wasn't entering a subject and then a text- this is not email, after all, just quick and clean texts!). While fussing with that, I installed the 6.0 custom from page 1. All works perfectly now, and I even have the extra info pane in Settings>General>Network now- although it was already filled in, so was a no-brainer. Visual Voicemail works, Safari (and Cydia load, I don't tether so can only assume it works, but all is hunky-dory. Thanks, SB, for posting. Oh, I got a text from AT&T last night, hours after I had already gotten 5.5 on and working. Not sure if there is a correlation between them, or if it's just to keep everyone from flooding on all at once.

Edit- WiFi has always been on, but it works when away from my computer as well. And I have an MIM logo and no problems there.
    Last edited by mr117; 2009-09-26 at 08:35 PM. Reason: update

Ok so i used the stealth patch.
    it says im running AT&T 6.0.

I have the camera icon.

I sent an MMS to myself.
    it sends fine.
    Then when i go to receive it, it makes the noise. then my service drops off the face of the earth and says "searching". then when i get service back i have no message.

Does it every time when i receive a message i go from having full service with 3G then once it makes the noise it says searching and no message.

Can send/receive a regular SMS fine tho.

Same thing with 5.5

Im running 3.0 on a 3GS jailbroken

EDIT:
    NVM i had swirly mms installed so it was grabing them all as they were comming in.
    Last edited by Forgoten Dynasty; 2009-09-26 at 09:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am on 5.5 with all current firmware updates on a 3g. i am still getting to about 95% then error ! sign. i have reset the network settings and even a full restore. i've tried with the wifi on and off and nothing. anyone else having the problem or know how to fix it?
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

Thanks

Do I have to have ATT internet to do MMS. I'm using att and just don't have the internet plan. can someone clear that up for me? Thanks

OK, I tried again using IPCC 5.5, and it seems to work better for me. So far i've had success

Default Finally got the message from AT&T
    Did the update yesterday and got legit MMS going ... FINALLY got the AT&T msg it's available Saturday at 10:36 AM !!! I guess AT&T is nearly like that guy on the TV commercial that's going to call every cell number in existence.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast