Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone get the carrier name to show up yet? Also, any news on push working on hacktivation?

-Matt

nicely done.. i didnt even need to put my phone in dfu or recovery mode.. i done it like a normal restore lol...

quiestion guys anyone ind out how to get the carrier part sorted?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Got it baby!!! iPhone 3G 3.1 Jailbroken. Thank you Thank you Dev Team. Very nice work!!! I love my jailbreak and this time around I used Rockapp to restore all my JB apps which made it a cinch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have it working with the only problem being that there's no weather icon. Actually running better than 3.0. Thanks Dev Team.

Does anyone have issues with Sling Player? I got an error after the restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Angry Network lost, gone?
    UGh! I followed the directions from iclarified to jailbreak my iPhone3G and it seemed to have worked BUT I have lost my network? UGH! I also had itunes latest update and running 3.1,

Is there anyway to get my network back?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a question I have not seen the answer to. Ok, in reference to Cydia (I saw several posts/threads and a screen shot of Cydia displaying that your personal iBSS and iBEC and ECID was saved on the server). Once 3.1 is jailbroken (i know pwnage is available but I have a 3GS and I am waiting for redsnow), will Cydia give us the option of saving this info since most people did not do this. I have my files saved on my PC, using the iClarifi method a while ago, but I would also like Cydia to keep a copy also (in case something happens to my home computer).
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

My phone is working perfectly now since I manually installed everything. No issues like other people are having. Just stay away from Aptbackup.

Thanks Jay and iphone dev team

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Here is a question I have not seen the answer to. Ok, in reference to Cydia (I saw several posts/threads and a screen shot of Cydia displaying that your personal iBSS and iBEC and ECID was saved on the server). Once 3.1 is jailbroken (i know pwnage is available but I have a 3GS and I am waiting for redsnow), will Cydia give us the option of saving this info since most people did not do this. I have my files saved on my PC, using the iClarifi method a while ago, but I would also like Cydia to keep a copy also (in case something happens to my home computer).
    Cydia will keep your 3.1 signatures on file eventually yes, but your 3.0 and 3.0.1 files are lost forever if you didnt get them on file previously
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-09-16 at 11:06 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

So umm... Pwnage Tool doesn't work on my MBP with 10.6.1. Just sits at this screen forever:

I can't click on anything; nothing happens when I click on a button. Just sits here. I left it for 10 minutes and it just does nothing. I put the IPSW in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates to maybe have Pwnage Tool find it quickly, but it does nothing.

I was hesitant to jailbreak 3.1 because I just didn't want to go through updating all my jailbroken mods and stuff, but now I really want to, but when I try to do that, it just sits there. LAME!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's strange what some people post.
    I haven't had a problem accessing the network and my tab is still there.
    Can you please post how you upgraded to 3.1? such as what custom settings you have used and what network you are on and operating system version and itunes version number? Because I and majority of the other people are having the network issues, including the carrier logo disappeared.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    So umm... Pwnage Tool doesn't work on my MBP with 10.6.1. Just sits at this screen forever:

I can't click on anything; nothing happens when I click on a button. Just sits here. I left it for 10 minutes and it just does nothing. I put the IPSW in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates to maybe have Pwnage Tool find it quickly, but it does nothing.

I was hesitant to jailbreak 3.1 because I just didn't want to go through updating all my jailbroken mods and stuff, but now I really want to, but when I try to do that, it just sits there. LAME!
    Turn on spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkle View Post
    Can you please post how you upgraded to 3.1? such as what custom settings you have used and what network you are on and operating system version and itunes version number? Because I and majority of the other people are having the network issues, including the carrier logo disappeared.

Thanks!
    The vast majority of people have absolutely no problem whatsoever apart from the carrier logo disappearing - if you have bars, you have service. The logo is a total irrelevance.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Pekkle (2009-09-17)

Thanks

Carrier logo doesn't show up on 3.1 JB and UL unless you use makeitmine or something similar.
    Confucious is T-mobile UK but his logo is AT&T (lol)
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

15. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

Pekkle (2009-09-17)

Can anyone tell me, with a straight answer......which custom ipsw to use if i want to continue to have ultrasnow/tmobile on my phone.........the activated ipsw or the unactivated one, because iam just very confused?

Thanks

activated.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Here's mine - doesn't need APN to work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0047.png  
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

And your data's working?

Of course

Thanks

Gosh, you're even more special than me.

But I don't even get 5Mb on WiFi

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast