Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

For anyone getting the 16xx errors, here's what you do:

Things you need:
    Pwned 3.1 ipsw
    xPwn (any version) LINK HERE
    CMD (Windows) or Terminal (Mac and Linux)

1. Open CMD/Terminal and cd to your xPwn directory

2. Type dfu-util

3. Drag your custom ipsw to your xPwn folder

4. Now type "dfu-util (iPhone/iPod version) (name of custom ipsw file).ipsw" without the quotes. Do NOT press enter!!

5. Plug in your iPhone/iPod and put it into DFU mode

6. Press enter and open iTunes

7. Restore to your custom ipsw

--If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

in Cydia, there is no info/description loading when I click on an app to see what it is. does it have to do with Winterboard not working or any other issues? when I restored my phone, it only installed Cydia and Icy. nothing else.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

I'm having Winterboard crashing issues. Attempted to rename the UIImages folder for the theme i'm loading, made no differece.

Someone mentioned that a new version of mobilesubstrate is available to fix this problem, but can't see any difference with the version i'm seeing in Cydia and the version i already have installed. Can someone point me in the right direction ?

This will sound like a n00b question but I haven't found a clear answer to this neither on the DevTeam's blog nor here.

My friend did the official upgrade to 3.1 through iTunes of his iPhone 3G (not 3GS).

using pwnage 3.1 for Mac I was able to jailbreak it but after installing ultrasnow and rebooting, i still get "no service" when I enter a foreign SIM.

My question is: Would a 3G 3.0 upgraded with the official 3.1 be SIM unlockable? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepa View Post
    some posters have already had one too many tokes.
    lol
    Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

The Family iPhone 2G , iPhone 3G ,Iphone 3Gs , Iphone 4
    13" MacBook ( Black )

Quote Originally Posted by connex91 View Post
    This will sound like a n00b question but I haven't found a clear answer to this neither on the DevTeam's blog nor here.

My friend did the official upgrade to 3.1 through iTunes of his iPhone 3G (not 3GS).

using pwnage 3.1 for Mac I was able to jailbreak it but after installing ultrasnow and rebooting, i still get "no service" when I enter a foreign SIM.

My question is: Would a 3G 3.0 upgraded with the official 3.1 be SIM unlockable? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    3.1 upgrades the baseband. Any baseband higher than 4.26.08 can not be unlocked with using ultrasn0w

To Clarify, I am talking about an official 3.1 ipsw upgrade through iTunes is what will upgrade the baseband.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-09-16 at 07:07 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

No, if you have installed an official firmware directly from iTunes your iPhone 3G will be locked until Dev Team can figure out out to unlock the new baseband.

Thanks
    Question about tethering...

I have an iPhone 3G with baseband 04.26.08 firmware 3.0.1 (7A400) and Carrier AT&T 5.1 (with an updated .ipcc file). It is jailbroken with RedSnow.

I am probably not going to upgrade to 3.1, JB or no, unless there is some procedure to restore tethering. I have read that it may not be simply a matter of getting a good .ipcc file because there will be some encryption (?). I'm a bit skeptical of that because every other smartphone on earth uses the same old wap.cingular etc. settings and I can't see them shutting that down on everyone else.

Does anyone have any information on this? Specifically, even if the .ipcc file doesn't work now, does jailbreaking *permit* the .ipcc update to do what it needs?

At this point tethering is more important to me than jailbreaking. I'm down to two JB apps and just the general geek appeal...
    על שלשה דברים העולם עומר על התורה ועל העבודה ועל גמילות חסדים

Is anyone else missing the carrier logo after restoring to 3.1 with pwnge? Ive never seen this happen before, it all works just fine but I have no 'T-Mobile' logo anymore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to justinclark For This Useful Post:

sj660 (2009-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by sj660 View Post
    Question about tethering...

I have an iPhone 3G with baseband 04.26.08 firmware 3.0.1 (7A400) and Carrier AT&T 5.1 (with an updated .ipcc file). It is jailbroken with RedSnow.

I am probably not going to upgrade to 3.1, JB or no, unless there is some procedure to restore tethering. I have read that it may not be simply a matter of getting a good .ipcc file because there will be some encryption (?). I'm a bit skeptical of that because every other smartphone on earth uses the same old wap.cingular etc. settings and I can't see them shutting that down on everyone else.

Does anyone have any information on this? Specifically, even if the .ipcc file doesn't work now, does jailbreaking *permit* the .ipcc update to do what it needs?

At this point tethering is more important to me than jailbreaking. I'm down to two JB apps and just the general geek appeal...
    You will be able to tether again. I have already head reports of people having tethering restored on 3.1. It is just a matter of using the correct ipcc

Quote Originally Posted by justinclark View Post
    Is anyone else missing the carrier logo after restoring to 3.1 with pwnge? Ive never seen this happen before, it all works just fine but I have no 'T-Mobile' logo anymore.
    This has been reported...look through the posts and you will find a solution. Or you can check the Dev-Team Blog
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

sj660 (2009-09-16)

Thanks

Also used pwnage tool to try and jailbreak with 3.1 and got the "1600" error when trying to restore using the custom firmware. Oh well, I'll wait until redsn0w comes out to jailbreak it with the firmware already on the phone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You will be able to tether again. I have already head reports of people having tethering restored on 3.1. It is just a matter of using the correct ipcc
    Thanks so much. I'll wait to upgrade until I see this working.

Fwiw, many of the reports I heard were at first that the option was still there but then it disappeared after they tried to enable it, which makes me think there may be something else going on, but hopefully the ipcc will take care of it.

Thanks again.
    על שלשה דברים העולם עומר על התורה ועל העבודה ועל גמילות חסדים

Just jailbroke 3.1.

Only issue was that pwnage tool would not allow me to use basic mode. I used expert mode but forgot to UNCHECK activate phone because im on ATT. other than that, a flawless jailbreak and lovin it again.

It's amazing how much i love my phone more with my jailbreak, even 5 icon dock makes it way better.

Thanks devs!

My carrier never had a logo just the name. Is there a way yet to get that back as of yet?

I created ipsws for 2G and 3G iPhones if anyone need them!
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kkiran For This Useful Post:

Excalabat (2009-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I currently have an iPhone 3G with firmWare 3.01 unlocked and Jailboken with redsnow 0.8, I now want to update my iphone to firmware 3.1.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way of doing this, can I just download one of the firmwares shown on the first page and then do a restore in iTunes 9?

If Yes, what is the difference between Activated and unactivated version of the firmwares?

Sorry for the newbie questions

Thanks in advance
    Can anyone pleaase help??

Thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you are trying to use the UIImages to change the App Store icons yo need to delete everything from /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache and forget about changing the folder name. Just use the theme like you would before.

I hope this makes sense.

Default Holding on
    I'm holding and would suggest you do the same. The reason is that there is a problem with this hack. The Network tab will disappear from Settings/General and as a consequence you can't update carrier settings and the only option to have access to data is through WiFi (the carrier logo will not show up either in the task bar, although the signal strength bars will). The Dev Team is already looking into it and we will probably have a solution soon.

There is tutorial in iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials that will guide you step by step through the process of building a custom 3.1 IPSW and restoring your iPhone. Do not restore your iPhone using the original iTunes 3.1 IPSW, otherwise you will loose all phone features.

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Can anyone pleaase help??

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by S_Warrior View Post
    I'm holding and would suggest you do the same. The reason is that there is a problem with this hack. The Network tab will disappear from Settings/General and as a consequence you can't update carrier settings and the only option to have access to data is through WiFi (the carrier logo will not show up either in the task bar, although the signal strength bars will). The Dev Team is already looking into it and we will probably have a solution soon.

There is tutorial in iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials that will guide you step by step through the process of building a custom 3.1 IPSW and restoring your iPhone. Do not restore your iPhone using the original iTunes 3.1 IPSW, otherwise you will loose all phone features.
    Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait for a better solution

It's strange what some people post.
    I haven't had a problem accessing the network and my tab is still there.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast