Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    I didn't get to read through all the posts but I have several questions. I currently have a 2g 8gig iPhone.

1. Is it worth it to upgrade to 3.1?
    2. I currently have MMS running successfully, will I have to redo the whole process getting it back? What are the chances of it working?
    3. Will I lose my apps? Aptbackup & Appbackup are must haves at this point?
    4. When iTunes loads, will it be able to sync everything properly? I've read somewhere that you must choose new iPhone?

Thanks in advance. I have 3.0 and I'm pretty comfortable with it at the moment. Just want to hear some input if it's worth it to upgrade.
    It's not worth the update if its working nicely.

I just updated my 3G and I wish I didnt It was fine and I lost a few things in the update.

As for you, I'll answer 1 at a time
    1, nope.
    2, Yes you will have to redo all the settings again.
    3, You will only loose your Cydia apps. The others are still in iTunes and will sync when you patch the phone like usual.
    4, Yes it does sync again. You restore to install the firmware then it restores everything back to the way it was.

I have a 2G 8GB iPhone and I'm gonna leave it at 3.01 as its in no hurry to update as its working fine the way it is. There really isnt anything new that it needs an update.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 2009-09-16 at 01:56 PM. Reason: coz

I also had this problem. I found out that I have to unmount all volumes except the main one to avoid the tools from endlessly searching.

Quote Originally Posted by nosliwsirhc View Post
    I'm having a heck of a time with Pwnage Tool 3.1 crashing consistently at the step where it searches for the firmware. Anybody else having this problem?
    I also had this problem. I found out that I have to unmount all volums (hard disks) except the main Macintosh HD to prevent the tool from endlessly searching for the firmware.
    Last edited by yelghoul1; 2009-09-16 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

I found a problem with itunes. and an app.
    If you install 5 icon springboard you cant sync apps.
    itunes only syncs if you have 4 icons.

Another reason why Apple sucks. They wont let you customize your rows anymore. bastards! I've had 5 icons since it was first released.

Why do the blue messages refer to the iPhone 3G(S) if the jailbreak is specifically NOT for iPhone 3G(S)?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRubin View Post
    Why do the blue messages refer to the iPhone 3G(S) if the jailbreak is specifically NOT for iPhone 3G(S)?
    Most likely because although the Dev-team have not officially released a tool for the 3g[s] yet, the UI for PWNage tool is already set for its usage on the 3g[s]....patience my friend, it will come
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRubin View Post
    A Great Job is a Great Job!!!
    NO MATTER WHAT!!!
    Don't care if I cant use it on my phone or not!!!
    Anyway I have my 3GS jailbraked...
    You don't know something... I can resolve my clients problems!!!
    But you need have a good sigth before...

Don't limit your mind...

Thanks

^Perhaps it's because it's early in the morning.. but that post didn't make sense to me
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

No, it didnt make sense to me either...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by aprenDRIFT View Post
    Don't limit your mind...
    Some posters have already had one too many tokes.
    Last edited by MikePA; 2009-09-16 at 04:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    Always Restore you phone as a "New Phone" when iTurns does ope. You can re-add your music/contacts etc by Syncing the phone afterwards.
    lolwut? I've never done this, and my iPhone(s) have always been running fine, even when switching all my data from my 3G to my 3GS. Sorry but 700+ pictures are far too many to just discard, and the method by which photos are sorted once synced to the iPhone is extremely annoying

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for all the hard work DEV-TEAM!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

For minor 0.1 upgrades restoring backups seems to work fine but for major upgrades (eg 1.xx to 2.xx or 2.xx to 3.xx) you should always set up as a new phone.
    If you don't and it works then you in a very small minority! But some people get away with it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    lolwut? I've never done this, and my iPhone(s) have always been running fine, even when switching all my data from my 3G to my 3GS. Sorry but 700+ pictures are far too many to just discard, and the method by which photos are sorted once synced to the iPhone is extremely annoying
    It is very simple to save all of your photos to your computer and then select the folder which to sync the pictures back to your phone after a restore and setting up as new....

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Created a custom package using Pwnage Tool for my 2G iPhone. Had to use expert mode because Simple Mode kept ******** about the bootloader not being present. Threw the iPhone into DFU mode and updated using iTunes. No signal strength. Rebooted it a couple time and same deal. Restored to the original firmware and no signal issues. I'll try it again later but hope a new version of redsn0w comes out soon instead.

Edit: Seems Dev Team is saying you need to go into Expert Mode and uncheck the 'Activate' option under General if you have a legit carrier (AT&T in the US, O2 in the UK, etc).
    Seems that unchecking 'Activate Phone' and building the package worked great. Up and running now.

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

iPhone 3G Non-Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Hi Guys,

I currently have an iPhone 3G with firmWare 3.01 unlocked and Jailboken with redsnow 0.8, I now want to update my iphone to firmware 3.1.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way of doing this, can I just download one of the firmwares shown above and then do a restore in iTunes 9?

If Yes, what is the difference between Activated and unactivated version of the firmwares?

Sorry for the newbie questions

Thanks in advance

Default upgrade from 2.2
    Helo, when I bought my Iphone 3G, it was allready jailbroken.
    I don't know how it's been done, it's still working fine, but i would like to upgrade to 3.1.
    Can anybody give me directions on how to go about this?

THNX

It is worth upgrading yet or is it better to wait for all the issues to get worked out and the applications to get updated to work with 3.1? Right now I'm on 3.0 with no issues at all on a 3G. Are there any major differences with having the 3.1? I just want to make sure because I seen a few people with problems with winter board and cycorder so I want to make sure all my applications will work on 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Cycorder works fine...
    The only problem I'm having with 3.1 so far is battery.
    Your battery problem worris me? Anyone else noticing this? Did you restore from backup or set up as new phone?

Quote Originally Posted by aprenDRIFT View Post
    A Great Job is a Great Job!!!
    NO MATTER WHAT!!!
    Don't care if I cant use it on my phone or not!!!
    Anyway I have my 3GS jailbraked...
    You don't know something... I can resolve my clients problems!!!
    But you need have a good sigth before...

Don't limit your mind...
    What the hell????

error 1604 when restoring from custom ipsw, any help would be awsome

Just a heads up. Winterboard now works and Cycorder does too.(Cycorder had an update after my first install of it) I forget where to enable Five Icon Dock but I had it installed previously and just restored after using PWNage and then installed Five Icon Dock and it's working too.
    I'm running a 3G that was PWN'd with 3.1.
    To a hammer everything looks like a nail

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast