Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

yes, seriously..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    @ggab, if you dont like MMi then why are you here?
    Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Because I prefer a different source to download firmware I don't like MMi? Seriously?
    yes, seriously..
    I sincerely apologize Mr. Melech. I will never ever post anything that isn't pro modmyi.com again. I regret posting a site that I felt was a better source for firmware downloads because of the layout and speed of download. I further understand that you do not approve of any posts that don't shed positive light on yourself or modmyi.com.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    I sincerely apologize Mr. Melech. I will never ever post anything that isn't pro modmyi.com again. I regret posting a site that I felt was a better source for firmware downloads because of the layout and speed of download. I further understand that you do not approve of any posts that don't shed positive light on yourself or modmyi.com.
    lol modmyi rocks its a great place to download software I have never had any problems. But I use other places as well but modmyi is def in one of my top 5 bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    lol modmyi rocks its a great place to download software I have never had any problems. But I use other places as well but modmyi is def in one of my top 5 bookmarks.
    How dare you even think about visiting other sites! Unthinkable...

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadNZ
    Hey there very cleverperson.
    I have an original iPhone and have updated using modmyi twice before. I am doing fine for the next update, except I cannot find the file *the original 3.1 ipsw* I'd really appreciate your help. Modmyi has been such an awesome site.
    thanks for your help.
    Julie
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.p...32182&act=down
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-09-28 at 08:54 AM.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

jealousy flows through me

Ok Guys, this is bad :

I have just finished all the steps. So i have an Iphone 3G and my baseband is 02.28.00.
    I have lost my network.

What did i do wrong ?

Thanks

You need to upgrade to an original 3.0 ipsw first. Then do the tutorial on the front page to create a custom 3.1 ipsw to load onto the phone. Ultrasn0w will not work on the 2.28.00 baseband. It must be on 4.26.08, which is what comes from the 3.0 upgrade. Make sure you put the phone in DFU mode, and then Option+click Restore and browse for the 3.0 ipsw. You can download 3.0 herehttp://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.p...30511&act=down

After it is complete, follow the guide in the OP. Then run ultrasn0w...

DO NOT upgrade to an official 3.1 ipsw in iTunes or you will lose the ability to unlock
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-09-28 at 08:50 PM.

Read the whole thread but couldn't locate any info on my issue, so I thought I'd post to the thread. Running a 3G and trying to update to 3.1 using Pwnage. No problem with finding the .ipsw, running Pwnage and getting a custom .ipsw. However, when I go into DFU (or even if I don't) when I try to restore and choose the custom .ipsw, I get the error in the screenshot below...

Any ideas what could be causing this? It's not one of the dreaded 1600 errors, I don't think, so I'm guessing I'm just gagging up a minor detail somewhere. Thanks so much in advance for reading my post and helping, if possible. I really appreciate it.

You are using the wrong firmware to make your custom ipsw for your particular model. What phone do you have and what is the full name of the original ipsw you are using in pwnage tool

You are using the wrong firmware to make your custom ipsw for your particular model. What phone do you have and what is the full name of the original ipsw you are using in pwnage tool
    Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate it.
    I'm running a 3G, and the firmware I'm using is named "iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw.

Thanks

You're using a 2G firmware.
    Here use this instead
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

13. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

The KGB (2009-09-30)

Quote Originally Posted by The KGB View Post
    Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate it.
    I'm running a 3G, and the firmware I'm using is named "iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw.
    I knew it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

The KGB (2009-09-30)

Thanks SO much, you two...I really do appreciate it. I knew it was something like that, but I was running out of ideas as this was the first time I've jailbroken my phone using Pwnage. Guess I can do the calculus but not the algebra

SAMIR
    What happened?!

PETER
    You said the thing was supposed to work.

MICHAEL
    Well, technically it did work.

PETER
    No it didn't!

SAMIR
    It did not work, Michael, ok?!

MICHAEL
    Ok! Ok!

SAMIR
    Ok?!

MICHAEL
    Ok! Ok! I must have, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
    or something. ****. I always do that. I always mess up some mundane
    detail.

PETER
    Oh! What is this fairly mundane detail, Michael?!!!!!

Thanks

^lol. What?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Crap. Crash and burn on that joke
    It's from Office Space, the scene where they find out they've stolen MUCH more money than they thought...I knew I had messed up some mundane detail like that.

Thanks

LOL. No idea what you're talking about.
    Is this another one of those things that are 'before my time'?
    Or am I just completely clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    LOL. No idea what you're talking about.
    Is this another one of those things that are 'before my time'?
    Or am I just completely clueless?
    Oh, Angie...you've never seen Office Space? You need to.
    Can a brotha get a witness from the congregation?!?!?! Anyone? OFFICE SPACE?!

She is way too young for office space. I got the joke

Thanks

1999... I was in Preschool/Kindergarten then.
    Before my time.. I thought so...

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast