Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

Thanks

Find a custom ipsw.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I feel like I'm insane but "At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool." There is no download link at the end of the post.

That was a quote from the Dev-Team blog....it is removed now from the OP
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Just get it from the Dev Team if you haven't already.
    Dev-Team Blog
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WTD: help pls to jail break my iPhone 3g
    I've followed the instruction so far all worked but where is the final instructions please
    This phone is unlocked and has been jailbreaken before upgrading to new firmware: 3.1 (7C144)

yes its a 3G NOT 3GS

I've followed the new Dev team and all worked and installed Cydia and Icy...but what do I do now to make the apps work?

regards
    KB007

You've installed Cydia AND Icy? That normally causes all sorts of problems.

Final instructions for what? What are you trying to do?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to be able to install apps through itunes...setup the iphone to be able to use apps

thanks

will there be an announcement for redsn0w for unlock jailbreak for vista? anyone any idea when its due to be released BTW I'm on about 2G to os 3.1

To install apps through iTunes you lunch iTunes, browse for the apps you want and install from there, same thing with Cydia and Icy, though I don't use Icy. This your first time using an iPhone?

Apples are good for you but don't lunch iTunes, launch it. (crashed when trying to edit prior post).
    Last edited by metaserph; 2009-09-23 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pls see jpeg for error message
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -error.jpg  

Are the apps 'cracked' or legally purchased?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default question
    sorry if it's been already asked/answered, but I don't have time to read all these pages.

Can I do the 3.1 OS on a 2G iPhone? I have 3.0 on there right now, and never upgraded iTunes, nor of course the OS lol (never updated the baseband because I was told not to)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Are the apps 'cracked' or legally purchased?
    Definitely cracked apps. That error only occurs hen trying to sync cracked apps. Get your "final instructions" for STEALING from somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by bimmermd View Post
    sorry if it's been already asked/answered, but I don't have time to read all these pages.

Can I do the 3.1 OS on a 2G iPhone? I have 3.0 on there right now, and never upgraded iTunes, nor of course the OS lol (never updated the baseband because I was told not to)
    Yes
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-09-23 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Default Pwnage tool not working on 10.6.1
    Hi,
    I seem to be having quite an awkward problem!! Pwnage tool cannot find any ipsw files on my computer and neither can I browse through my mac by clicking on the brown for IPSW button! It gets completely irresponsive at that point! I refreshed spotlight as well but nothing seems to be working! PLZ HELP!

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of pwnage tool to clarify things!

Your ipsw's are in your "user"/library/iTunes/iphone software updates/ folder. If it is easier, download and save the 3.1 ipsw to your desktop

when is the stupid 3GS jailbreak coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!

News Flash....
    NO ONE KNOWS!! Enough already. Go ask the Dev-team of make a tool yourself

Please don't send him our way

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Your ipsw's are in your "user"/library/iTunes/iphone software updates/ folder. If it is easier, download and save the 3.1 ipsw to your desktop
    I know where my IPSWs are stored but the problem is that the program just becomes unresponsive! It used to work before when I had Leopard! It took pwnage tool around 15 minutes to respond and come up with a result. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Default pwnage tool 3.1 gets frozen
    Quote Originally Posted by esc247 View Post
    I know where my IPSWs are stored but the problem is that the program just becomes unresponsive! It used to work before when I had Leopard! It took pwnage tool around 15 minutes to respond and come up with a result. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I have exactly the same problem, and I seen it in this forum before. I have a iPhone 2G pwned to 3.0 with pwnagetool 3.0 and it worked ok. I was running Leopard by then. Now that I have Snow Leopard pwnagetool becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it every time. I even tried to run good old pwnagetool 3.0 and the behavior is the same, so I'm pretty sure this is related to Mac OS X 10.6.1. Does anyone have a hint?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast