Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 Jailbroken, NOT for iPhone 3GS

Thanks

The carrier logo WILL NOT come up!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

if only i had a mac...still rocking my first gen touch

Quote Originally Posted by mikex921 View Post
    i downloaded the new pwnage tool. the ispw from the link in an earlier post. started pwnage tool and built the custom ispw. then put my phone into dfu and tried to restore through itunes. doing exactly what pwnage tool told me to do. when i select the ispw from itunes it says that it cannot be restored with error 2009. is there something im missing. can anyone help
    i have that same problem..but i got a different error im just gonna give it a couple of days till they update everything for 3.1 jailbreakable unless i get it to work tonight ahaha

why wont the carrier come up tho? i cant get my data to work or make a phone call

Quote Originally Posted by TehReaper View Post
    i have that same problem..but i got a different error im just gonna give it a couple of days till they update everything for 3.1 jailbreakable unless i get it to work tonight ahaha
    post an update if you do. i will keep trying as well. i saw an earlier post that said the error pops up if your not in DFU. but im absolutely positive im in DFU

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    why wont the carrier come up tho? i cant get my data to work or make a phone call
    an earlier post said to reset your network settings and their data worked. im not sure about the making calls though
    Last edited by mikex921; 2009-09-16 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah i was also in DFU..which is weird

i tried that still ddnt work owell ill just wait till redsnow works

restoring back to 3.0 so i can have a working phone till someone can give any advice on this error issue. thanks

Wow, so many problems i've been reading. I think im gonna stick with 3.0 for a week or so while they iron out the kinks. Keep trying ya'll.

Thanks

I've been on 3.1 jailbroken and unlocked since Saturday.
    There aren't any problems.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    I've been on 3.1 jailbroken and unlocked since Saturday.
    There aren't any problems.
    ugh jealous. i dont know whats wrong with my itunes. maybe its the ispw. did you get the pwnage tool and ispw from this forum? did you get an error at all?

Quote Originally Posted by mawells787 View Post
    well hopefully redsnow for windows is released soon, i want the speedier 3.1 firmware, 3.0 is just too slow.

anyone that jailbreaks can you confirm if you still have tethering abilities?
    still tethered...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UKnowHooItIs View Post
    still tethered...
    My tethering option is also still there.

Thanks

I will have to wait for redsnow cuz it worked great on 3.0 and 3.0.1 so I will wait pwnage worked fine too but I unplugged when the error message came up in itune then plugged back in and kept working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikex921 View Post
    ugh jealous. i dont know whats wrong with my itunes. maybe its the ispw. did you get the pwnage tool and ispw from this forum? did you get an error at all?
    Of course not, I'm a PC And PT wasn't out on Saturday yet
    I got my ipsw from a special place
    I got error 1600 on Vista and 1601 on XP but then I discovered that you're supposed to go into Recovery and no DFU if you're updating.
    Plus I tried on 8.2.

Of course not, I'm a PC And PT wasn't out on Saturday yet
    I got my ipsw from a special place
    I got error 1600 on Vista and 1601 on XP but then I discovered that you're supposed to go into Recovery and no DFU if you're updating.
    Plus I tried on 8.2.
    whats the difference between recovery and dfu

Thanks

Recovery you see the iTunes logo and USB cord, DFU you see nothing.

i got it to work! i dont really know what i did. i went through the whole process like i stated before. error came up. i unplugged and plugged back in. hit ok. it re-recognized my phone and tried again. worked! we'll see how it turns out

Recovery you see the iTunes logo and USB cord, DFU you see nothing.
    i was in recovery. sorry for that mix up. i didnt know they were different things
    Last edited by mikex921; 2009-09-16 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Couple of things...
    There are some post here about this matter, but I do want to be certain before updating... Can someone clarify it?

1. On iTunes 9 and fw 3.1 on a 3G will tethering (USB and bluetooth) work?

Seems to me that besides having the latest fw there is not much reason to update from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and there are some drawbacks, am I right?

Thanks
    Thank you!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast