Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 - All you need to know

So, you post a link yo an unknown source for outdated software that could be downloaded from this site.
    You then link to a video that has been linked so many times before but neglect to mention the fact that your BB is not downgraded so you can't use UltraSn0w?

Before posting stuff like this please read post #138 in this thread.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    1. NO. Read the goddamn thread. It's been said multiple times that if you have a 3GS you are screwed as of right now. I have the files from when I did it back in May but now that I had to return my phone under warranty I can't get those files back. You cannot restore to 3.0 because Apple will reject it when iTunes contacts their servers, and you can't get the iBSS and iBEC files because Apple is no longer signing them. Read!

2. Read the goddamn thread. Someone posted a tweet from Saurik saying that he has been able to tie the iBSS and iBEC files to a restore and he's working on getting everything working so you can downgrade. R-E-A-D!

To all of you asking over and over if you can downgrade, NO. You can't, if you have a 3GS for sure. Quit asking the same **** over and over again, there are people out there that are reading to find out information but have to sift through all you idiots asking the same **** over and over. Instead of polluting a thread with stupid questions, take the time to start from the first page and read every post carefully. You will find answers to all of your questions.
    Hm well thank you, but maybe you should read more carefully too...I didnīt update, im still on 3.0 and iīm not screwed. I didnīt even ask about downgrading?! Ok i cannot get the iBSS & iBEC anymore, thanks for clearing that out. But i have my ECID as i already said and i just wanted to know if you even need those other 2 files, as Saurik only talks about the ECID and not the iBSS & iBEC, so your "read the goddamn thread" answer doesnīt help at all, because i did and im not a newbie.
    Last edited by Lefty; 2009-09-14 at 12:50 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lefty For This Useful Post:

viceroy (2009-09-14)

if you buy the iphone 3gs with 3.1 firmware can i jailbreak it ?

You will be able to JB when the tools are released but not unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

gimpykat (2009-09-15)

My freakin wife thought she was doing me a favor by upgrading my jailbroken iphone 3g to the 3.1 firmware. I've lost everything associated with the jailbreak I had. So now do I have to wait for the updated 3.1 jailbreak or will I be able to jailbreak my phone ever again.

Hey John,
    You should be able to JB in a weeks time, by then I assume the almighty dev team will have it released. By the way, 3G can be downgraded but the 3gs cant. There are tons of links in this thread alone which you can follow. Please do so.

--If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

john333 (2009-09-14)

My freakin wife thought she was doing me a favor by upgrading my jailbroken iphone 3g to the 3.1 firmware. I've lost everything associated with the jailbreak I had. So now do I have to wait for the updated 3.1 jailbreak or will I be able to jailbreak my phone ever again.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I agree. If someone could just make a tool to load and install the firmwares without the need of itunes, that would be epic.
    Very soon it will be released. You cannot use Saurik's method with iTunes

I apologize for the double post

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Very soon it will be released. You cannot use Saurik's method with iTunes
    hence the wink

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank You for posting, it's nice to know every so often where things stand.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

hence the wink
    Indeed

What I am having a hard time understanding is why I can't jailbreak. I just received my new 3G2 iphone a few days ago and it has 3.01 firmware. Problem is everything I have read said that it can be jailbroken and to pick the 3.0 firmware when restoring but that obviously doesn't work because Apple stopped signing the older firmware so how can I jailbreak my iphone???? Has anyone done it that can guide me because I am getting responses but I guess I'm not explaining my situation well because none answer my simple question as to how to jailbreak my3G2 3.01 iphone.

Although it may sound like it I have done quite a few jailbreaks with my previous iphones but just can't seem to do this one. Can anyone help????

Thanks.

i wonder if those of us who followed directions (got ecid (purplera1n), iBSS, iBEC, and had Cydia capture ECID) 3gS iPhone's will be worth more money in the future. i can see the eBay ad's now..."iPhone 3gS w/ECID, iBSS, and IBEC" they'll be worth millions...bahahahahahaha

btw- i'd sell my 16g for 2500 right now, get 'em while they are cheap

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kally View Post
    What I am having a hard time understanding is why I can't jailbreak. I just received my new 3G2 iphone a few days ago and it has 3.01 firmware. Problem is everything I have read said that it can be jailbroken and to pick the 3.0 firmware when restoring but that obviously doesn't work because Apple stopped signing the older firmware so how can I jailbreak my iphone???? Has anyone done it that can guide me because I am getting responses but I guess I'm not explaining my situation well because none answer my simple question as to how to jailbreak my3G2 3.01 iphone.

Although it may sound like it I have done quite a few jailbreaks with my previous iphones but just can't seem to do this one. Can anyone help????

Thanks.
    Don't restore it, just run redsnow and point to the 3.0 FW file.

..P.S. it's 3GS not 3G2

I did that and it said the the ISPW files are not the same - so it will not let me proceed

You will not need your IBSS/IBEC for the 3.1 jailbreak. You might need them for future firmwares tho. The new tool will be amazing
    How can I get the IBSS/IBEC?

A tutorial would be appreciated, I'm on 3.0 jailbroken right now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kally View Post
    I did that and it said the the ISPW files are not the same - so it will not let me proceed
    The latest redsn0w? I did this a couple days ago and it worked. Try another copy of the 3.0 firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

One thing i dont know yet, hows the JailBreak coming LoL..

The Jailbreak is coming along just fine. Thanks for asking. JK. Be calm, its on its way. The dev team never lets us down. I would rather have them work at it then provide us updates each and every hour.

--If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast