Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 - All you need to know

Default @ confucious THANKS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The answer is a definite maybe.

If I had a 3Gs I would not do anything, and I mean anything, to it now.

UltraSn0w should work but some people had problems and if you do the advice is to do a clean restore - you can not do that.

There is always the possibility of something going wrong when you install anything, usually there is a way round it. At the moment there is no way round on a 3Gs - if something goes wrong you run a very high risk of having to restore to 3.1 with a BB upgrade, in which case it is highly unlikely you will be able to unlock any time soon.

I would not risk it, or even risk installing anything, until you know you are safe.
    Excellent advice. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there any hope for a Dumb *** that has already updated and screwed up before reading the Forum ????

Is there any help for a Dumb a** that updated without checking the forums first?????
    Last edited by medic56; 2009-09-13 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

What is wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I already updated and lost my Jailbreak !!! Tried to do a restore and Itunes won't let me go back ??? Any help ???

Or am I screwed ????
    Last edited by medic56; 2009-09-13 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What phone do you have?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Iphone 3GS

this is probably a noob question.... would i be able to downgrade if i do a complete wipe of my iphone and restore with 3.0? or is the baseband still saved? I have an iphone 3g.

Thanks

Baseband is saved

Green Apple
    Thanks

So is there any hope ?????

Thanks

Did you get your signatures?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not sure what your talking about, Sorry! I guess that means no !

I still couldnīt find the answer for my questions:

1. Is it still possible to get my iBSS & iBEC as you cannot restore to 3.0 anymore?

2. Do i even need those files? It seems that that everything should work with the ECID in future, or am i wrong?

The problem is, i didnīt want to restore, so i planed to wait until i can update to 3.1, restore first to 3.0, capture those files and and than go to 3.1. But now that i cannot restore to 3.0 anymore, that plan will not work i think
    For now iīm still on 3.0 and saved my ECID (on this purplera1nyday site), and a little confused whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I still couldnīt find the answer for my questions:

1. Is it still possible to get my iBSS & iBEC as you cannot restore to 3.0 anymore?

2. Do i even need those files? It seems that that everything should work with the ECID in future, or am i wrong?

The problem is, i didnīt want to restore, so i planed to wait until i can update to 3.1, restore first to 3.0, capture those files and and than go to 3.1. But now that i cannot restore to 3.0 anymore, that plan will not work i think
    For now iīm still on 3.0 and saved my ECID (on this purplera1nyday site), and a little confused whats going on
    1. NO. Read the goddamn thread. It's been said multiple times that if you have a 3GS you are screwed as of right now. I have the files from when I did it back in May but now that I had to return my phone under warranty I can't get those files back. You cannot restore to 3.0 because Apple will reject it when iTunes contacts their servers, and you can't get the iBSS and iBEC files because Apple is no longer signing them. Read!

2. Read the goddamn thread. Someone posted a tweet from Saurik saying that he has been able to tie the iBSS and iBEC files to a restore and he's working on getting everything working so you can downgrade. R-E-A-D!

To all of you asking over and over if you can downgrade, NO. You can't, if you have a 3GS for sure. Quit asking the same **** over and over again, there are people out there that are reading to find out information but have to sift through all you idiots asking the same **** over and over. Instead of polluting a thread with stupid questions, take the time to start from the first page and read every post carefully. You will find answers to all of your questions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

bbillh77 (2009-09-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    1. NO. Read the goddamn thread. It's been said multiple times that if you have a 3GS you are screwed as of right now. I have the files from when I did it back in May but now that I had to return my phone under warranty I can't get those files back. You cannot restore to 3.0 because Apple will reject it when iTunes contacts their servers, and you can't get the iBSS and iBEC files because Apple is no longer signing them. Read!

2. Read the goddamn thread. Someone posted a tweet from Saurik saying that he has been able to tie the iBSS and iBEC files to a restore and he's working on getting everything working so you can downgrade. R-E-A-D!

To all of you asking over and over if you can downgrade, NO. You can't, if you have a 3GS for sure. Quit asking the same **** over and over again, there are people out there that are reading to find out information but have to sift through all you idiots asking the same **** over and over. Instead of polluting a thread with stupid questions, take the time to start from the first page and read every post carefully. You will find answers to all of your questions.

thank you! well said!
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you ve been able to jailbreak and unlock only because chuck norris allowed it! now he s decided u ppl can t do it no more. let s hope he changes his mind... and quickly cause I want to upgrade...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy.mill3r For This Useful Post:

gimpykat (2009-09-14)

Thanks
    thanks... wouldn't upgrade until there's a solution to jailbreak it...

hi all i am new here and have had my iphone 3g for 12 months now and have only recently jailbreak it and i have unlocked it and i updated it to 3.01 and it works!!! i used redsn0w lastest version and ultrasn0w and it seems to work, so you can update your iphone to 3,0.1 and unlock it as well as jailbreak it. any questions please ask as i want to help anyone.

Thanks

To all you noobs out there! READ, READ, READ THE THREAD!!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Ok, so I have a 3gs and have no intent to upgrade to 3.1 until a 3.1 jailbreak is out. Why does everyone get so excited. Isn't there hope for new iPhone 3gs owners that have 3.1 out of the box?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to InDashMP3 For This Useful Post:

gimpykat (2009-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If someone could just make a tool to load and install the firmwares without the need of itunes, that would be epic.
    Very good idea! or...patch itunes to seek to a fake apple cert server... patch the hostfile?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast