Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 275

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3GS iPhones can no longer restore to 3.0

  1. #121
    Talking Finally found them!
    I had a MASSIVE panic attack about 30 minutes ago. I knew I had both files somewhere but for the life of me I couldn't find them. Checked my Windows Home Server, booted into Windows7 to see if they were there(had to purplera1n there because OSX wouldn't work), played some Fallout 3 to relieve some stress over maybe losing them, and then was mucking around in my OSX drive in Windows7 looking for it and found them! YESSSSS!!!

    I seriously hope this isn't the end of jailbreak.

  2. #122
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Just so no more people ask it, I just restored a fella's 3G (not 3GS) with 3.0 and it worked fine so even though this is a 3GS thread I know a lot of you are wondering cause I see the question everywhere. It works fine.

  3. #123
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I had a MASSIVE panic attack about 30 minutes ago. I knew I had both files somewhere but for the life of me I couldn't find them. Checked my Windows Home Server, booted into Windows7 to see if they were there(had to purplera1n there because OSX wouldn't work), played some Fallout 3 to relieve some stress over maybe losing them, and then was mucking around in my OSX drive in Windows7 looking for it and found them! YESSSSS!!!

    I seriously hope this isn't the end of jailbreak.
    Of course its not

    @chronicdevteam iPhone 3.1GM is still vulnerable 9:07 PM Sep 9th from web


  4. #124
    Angry 3G iphone unable to restore to 3.0 software
    I have tried 3 times to restore software back to 3.0 and all times got the error message. i just thought you should know it is not only the 3Gs.

  5. #125
    I have tried 3 times to restore software back to 3.0 and all times got the error message. i just thought you should know it is not only the 3Gs.
    What version of iTunes were you using? I would think you'd have to use 8.2.x. But 3G should not be impacted by this.

  6. #126
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in the iPhone
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Wait wait wait..


    I want to get my IBEC AND IBSS NOW but if i restore..... then im stuck on 3.1........ then i lose jailbreak

    therefore i cant get my iBec iBSS files!

    Help!

    I have 3GS on 3.0 and some on 3.0.1

  7. #127
    this wont work anymore. you cant restore



    Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Here is a link for the ibss and ibec grabber that you will need to use to get the ibss and ibec.
    difrnt Blog Archive ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)

  8. #128
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Damn, hope future 3gs owners aren't SOL.

  9. #129
    i think that this is the scenario for the 3gs phones: i wouldnt take a chance on grabbing IBEC/IBSS and ECID at this point, until we know more. We all pretty much knew that this needed to be done soon and those that did it, have the files and those that didnt, dont, and I think thats where we are. Unfortunately, there are people who missed it and I think the only viable options at this time are to absolutely not do anything that would cause you to have to restore your phone if you want JB or need unlock, especially if you are on 3gs

    i THINK that 3g shouldnt be affected since you can still shift restore and you should be able to DFU and grab those files without being forced to upgrade.

    my plan is to be very gentle with my phone over the next few weeks, no SSHing or crazy theme changes. Ive never been forces to restore my phone except for the first version of purplera1n, so I could stay on 3.0.1 JB indefinitely, until they force itunes to get ugly with the phones, at which point you can downgrade itunes.

    To reiterate I think it would be foolish for anyone to try and get those files at this moment, regardless of the model of phone you have.

    Unless theyve changed the way you get your IBEC/IBSS files, I cant see how it would be the right thing to do at this time. since nothing significant will change in the next month, it doesnt hurt anyone to wait until DevTeam or saurik gives further instructions.

    from sauriks twitter: The iPhone 2G and 3G are "pwned": while the tools need to be updated the technique is sound: ECID SHSH verification doesn't matter. ;
    Last edited by linuxnoob; 2009-09-11 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #130
    In order to get the ECID, I opened purplera1n but I cannot see the slot that you put the number into. I only see either a Windows or Apple icon for download the JB file.

    Do I have to have the iPhone in recovery before the webpage shows the slot for me to put the ECID in?

  11. #131
    ^Just click/move around under the logos, but above the donate (its in btwn) and you should get a text cursor
    You don't need to be in dfu to type it in the webpage, only when you are trying to find out what your ECID is.

  12. #132
    iPhoneaholic equlizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    This is a quote from a site thats not liked here




    I can prove it is possible and you all have to trust me because i did it myself. last night I upgrade to the final release iphone firmware 3.1 because i was too greedy and couldn't waite for jailbreak to come and i wanted to know if this firmware is better or got more features and i saw no features or big improvement it was same **** just bug fixes as usual. Not worth to stay with that firmware then I had to downgrade and i tried with latest itune didn't work for me then i tried it with itune 8.2 and it worked fine. I have "iphone 3G S and used Itune 8.2 and quickpwn 2.2." now my iphone 3G S is back to firmware 3.0 and jailbroken only the basband is upgraded. I know it sounds weird but i am talking about the final release firmware 3.1 not beta.

    I DID IT MYSELF THAT THE NEW VERSION CAN BE DOWNGRADED USING ITUNE 8.2 AND QUICKPWN 2.2.

    how it works:

    You must have itune 8.2 not 9 to downgrade and also find the 3.0 firmware i have tested 3G S and legit sim card.

    ****+Restore and select 3.0 firmware and it will install the firmware 3.0 on the current you had but you will get error something like (1015) no worry click ok and close the itune your iphone will be in the restore position after this.

    Open the quickpwn 2.2 and follow a normal procedures then your iphone will be in emergecy and keyboard mode all you to do is sync it with any itune your now back in 3.0 but unfortunatley your basband has changed and therefor you can't downgrade that yet.

    I have a legit sim card make sure if any one has not legit sim im not sure if it will work even if it does you will stuck in activation screen

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to equlizer For This Useful Post:

    drtybrd61 (2009-09-11)

  14. #133
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotCross View Post
    I didn't think that worked. *scratches his head* cause it didn't work for me.
    odd just tried it and worked fine with me.

  15. #134
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by csworrell View Post
    Great Logic! But uncomfortably no. I have tried this.
    What about restoring in itunes 7 or 8 with out internet? how could they POSSIBLY know that there not supposed to restore 3.0?

  16. #135
    iPhone? More like MyPhone drtybrd61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    This is a quote from a site thats not liked here :




    I can prove it is possible and you all have to trust me because i did it myself. last night I upgrade to the final release iphone firmware 3.1 because i was too greedy and couldn't waite for jailbreak to come and i wanted to know if this firmware is better or got more features and i saw no features or big improvement it was same **** just bug fixes as usual. Not worth to stay with that firmware then I had to downgrade and i tried with latest itune didn't work for me then i tried it with itune 8.2 and it worked fine. I have "iphone 3G S and used Itune 8.2 and quickpwn 2.2." now my iphone 3G S is back to firmware 3.0 and jailbroken only the basband is upgraded. I know it sounds weird but i am talking about the final release firmware 3.1 not beta.

    I DID IT MYSELF THAT THE NEW VERSION CAN BE DOWNGRADED USING ITUNE 8.2 AND QUICKPWN 2.2.

    how it works:

    You must have itune 8.2 not 9 to downgrade and also find the 3.0 firmware i have tested 3G S and legit sim card.

    ****+Restore and select 3.0 firmware and it will install the firmware 3.0 on the current you had but you will get error something like (1015) no worry click ok and close the itune your iphone will be in the restore position after this.

    Open the quickpwn 2.2 and follow a normal procedures then your iphone will be in emergecy and keyboard mode all you to do is sync it with any itune your now back in 3.0 but unfortunatley your basband has changed and therefor you can't downgrade that yet.

    I have a legit sim card make sure if any one has not legit sim im not sure if it will work even if it does you will stuck in activation screen
    i don't know about the 3G[s] but it worked on my 3G
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642

  17. #136
    Livin the iPhone Life Simtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    2,387
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 304 Times in 276 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    What about restoring in itunes 7 or 8 with out internet? how could they POSSIBLY know that there not supposed to restore 3.0?
    It checks for internet connection and will not continue if it can't find one.

  18. #137
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    hopefully the dev team can make a fix for this otherwise im never updating to 3.1 lol
    i dont think i can live without jailbreak
    the phone just feels so incomplete



  19. #138
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iN2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    I had my phone replaced today and it has 3.0.1. I backed up before 3.1 can I still restore without updating?

  20. #139
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    No you can't.

  21. #140

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •