Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Thanks

how do people just randomly get MMS working through AT&T? I mean, I'm reading on the forum and people are like "yup starting working for me today"...how does this happen?

Okay, I just got it working. Jailbroken 3G...settings are pictured below.

I updated the carrier file through itunes and it took lots of trying. I had it working previously through the same process, but I recently had to exchange my iphone for a new one. I, for the longest time, couldn't get it to work on the new iphone, but it just finally did.

I did something differently this time. I had to put the sim in another phone and send a text and then put it back in the iphone (which is loaded with the correct carrier file (at&t 5.0) and with the correct network settings. The mms sent quickly on the other phone, but when i placed it back in the iphone it still wouldn't send for a while. I kept trying and after about 15-20 minutes it worked. Also, I am on the unlimited family text plan.

Last edited by Ackms421; 2009-09-05 at 11:45 AM.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    ugh stupid 1st gen iphone! i wont be able to get the upgrade price of an iphone 3g or 3gs cuz i gave my upgrade to my gf to get her bb curve! funny thing is too i went to an apple store to get my phone replaced cuz the sleep wake button was messed up and i have an apple care plan that expires next february... thinking since there are only selling 3g and 3gs that they would just replace my 1st gen to a 3g... NOPE! they had to order a 1st gen!! so im stuck wit 1st gens till who knows when!! sorry rant over lol.
    ohhhh mannnnnn that sucksss

4. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

anth.ba5 (2009-09-05)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ackms421 View Post
    Okay, I just got it working. Jailbroken 3G...settings are pictured below.

I updated the carrier file through itunes and it took lots of trying. I had it working previously through the same process, but I recently had to exchange my iphone for a new one. I, for the longest time, couldn't get it to work on the new iphone, but it just finally did.

I did something differently this time. I had to put the sim in another phone and send a text and then put it back in the iphone (which is loaded with the correct carrier file (at&t 5.0) and with the correct network settings. The mms sent quickly on the other phone, but when i placed it back in the iphone it still wouldn't send for a while. I kept trying and after about 15-20 minutes it worked. Also, I am on the unlimited family text plan.

Links are broken.

Default I got it to work
    well after i read this and i look at my 3gs im got a little piss off that i dont have mms and i saw someone had carrier 5.0 and i looked at my phone that it have 4.0 so i went and got me the at&t 5.0 carrier update for my 3gs it still didnt work even tho my iphone is jailbroken with 3.0.1 so i try to unlock it with ultrasnow and i had to reboot the phone after i unlock it and boom the mms setting work you can download ATT 5.0 here
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    how to put it in
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t/565871-gu...-0-iphone.html

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xchemical For This Useful Post:

anth.ba5 (2009-09-05), Kiserai (2009-09-05), XXX (2009-09-05)

Default Ok I got a little info
    I have said over the last few days. I am in Fallon, NV my carrier is 4.5 I am currently OFF NETWORK.. Instead of saying AT&T at the top. I just drove into Reno today and it went back to AT&T and 3G I tried to send a picture of the sign 'Biggest Little City in the World' to send to my wife and it didn't work. As soon as it switched back to OFF NETWORK it started working again. I dunno if that makes any sense to anyone as to why mine is working

Green Apple
    Thanks

How come this is working for u guys but not me?

Maybe because im on 3.0 and not 3.0.1?

Mine has been working for 3 days now, right after I got the text/email saying that my iphone was not on the correct iphone plan. It didn't work the day before, but it did the day I got that.

Maybe they are slowly rolling the feature out and I got noticed during the process. For the record, I have been using my 3g iphone for almost a year with the original iphone plan and nothing was ever said. Then again, it just could have been a coincidence.

Not working for me yet.

3.0.1, not unlocked or jailbroken.

Carrier settings 5.0.

Tried both sets of settings I've found in this thread or linked. If I use the ones without a username or password in the settings, it sits at 90% "sending" for a long time (sometimes a *very* long time) before getting the red exclamation.

If I use the username "wap.cingular.com" and password "CINGULAR1" as some have suggested, I get the red exclamation almost immediately after hitting send

Ah well... I guess another 3 weeks isn't *too* long to wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried sim swapping, which I've done many times before with success, but when I put my sim back in my iphone, the option to turn on MMS in Settings>Messaging is gone as well as the camera icon in the app. Any ideas as to why that would happen? I tried re-flashing the ATT 5.0 carrier file to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    I tried sim swapping, which I've done many times before with success, but when I put my sim back in my iphone, the option to turn on MMS in Settings>Messaging is gone as well as the camera icon in the app. Any ideas as to why that would happen? I tried re-flashing the ATT 5.0 carrier file to no avail.
    That seems to happen to me if the "MMSC" and "MMS Proxy" fields are blank. Fill those out and reboot and the settings should return.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roommate For This Useful Post:

KingRedmer (2009-09-05)

Thanks

^ that did bring back the mms option, however I've never had anything in those fields before, and now it doesnt work. Can I remove what I typed in those fields without losing MMS?

Doesn't seem so. I've tested a few times, whenever I blank out those fields the options are gone when the phone is restarted. But I've never been able to get MMS to work at all (don't have another phone to swap sims with), so you're further along than I am

MMS is just now working for me in Georgia!

So I don't even have a cellular data network option... Anyone know how I can fix this?

[quote=Zwayne;4936875]Just sent this to my wife....

I just would not want that picture....lol
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2009-09-05 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Removed pic

Ok heres what im getting when i do all of this:

Step 1: Quit iTunes

Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Enter in cmd then click OK

Step 3: Enter the following command into the Command Prompt window.

"C: \Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

I get this:

the system cannot find the path specified.

What do i do?

Thanks

you have to go to program files and shift+right click the itunes folder and select open a command window, the put in that command
    "iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1"
    without quotes lol
    Last edited by KingRedmer; 2009-09-05 at 04:39 PM.

Now its saying:

CProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\iTunes>iTune
    nt carrier-testing 1
    'iTunes.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command
    operable program or batch file.

CProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\iTunes>

Bottom line is this, people: if AT&T hasn't yet provisioned your specific iPhone account to send and receive MMS, no setting, ipcc files, or anything else you try will accomplish anything. Have patience. It seems that AT&T has begun the provisioning process because it's probably not feasible to "throw the switch" on millions of iPhone accounts in one day (Sep 25).

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast