Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    okay.. my mms works.. still on 3.0.0.. still on itunes 8.. but my text input area is different from anyone else it seems...

i have to be wary of where i type... if i type in the part that says Subject... the send button doesn't work.. i have to make sure i press under the line...weird...
    What background is that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

YES!! Finally got it working! My problem was threefold: First I had the latest itunes so I downloaded the the first version of 8.2. Second, I updated the the AT&T ipcc via cmd prompt to itunes. Then, I took my wife's Sprint phone and put my sim card in and made a few calls. Put the sim back in my 3GS and waaalaah.. it works! I'm near Baltimore, MD too - if that helps anyone.

Mine started working today too!!! (Rochester, NY). How do I send Cycorder vids though. Thanks

Thanks

You can't.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

updated my cousins iphone 3g. running 3.1 stealths ipcc.. works great in philly

did reset of network settings last night and boom! it works here in the Shreveport area of Louisiana. Going down to Baton Rouge and New Orleans next weekend so I'll see if it works there too.

Got it working just now. Finally decided to get off my lazy *** and update the ipcc and it instantly started working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    did reset of network settings last night and boom! it works here in the Shreveport area of Louisiana. Going down to Baton Rouge and New Orleans next weekend so I'll see if it works there too.
    It is working for me....And I live east of BR and north of New Orleans. It has been working over a week for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    It is working for me....And I live east of BR and north of New Orleans. It has been working over a week for me now.
    Good to know. Whats that put you? Covington area?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, got it working. I put my sim into my old razr phone for 5 minutes and then was able to change the text from iphone text to the 'at&t reccomened' unlimited texting/multimedia plan.

Put the sim back in the iphone and its been working for a few hours. Hopefully it keeps going!

I wonder if thats all they are going to do to migrate people over anyway? The difference between the normal and iphone one is the iphone one blocks the MMS, so once that block is off both plans would be identical anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoss View Post
    Try the medianet steps I think it's what removes the mms opt out.
    Thanks. Swapping the messaging plans did it. On the regular unlimted text plan now and not the iphone specific one.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 2009-09-12 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Good to know. Whats that put you? Covington area?
    Hammond area....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You absolutely CAN send CyCorder vids with a bit of work...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DegEnriHE]YouTube - Mod your CAMERAROLL to an iPHONE 3GS. Enable VIDEO EDITING, 3GS Menu w/ Cycorder on iPhone 2G or 3G.[/ame]

Followed that tutorial and it's working flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Hammond area....
    cool cool

Just tryed it is possible to inject ipcc with itunes 9. Same method as with 8.2
    Post # 454 gives the steps.
    Guess I'm Gonna go upgrade to 3.1
    Last edited by Ichwohneinloche; 2009-09-12 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So no news on 3.1 JB yet huh.. i'd bet they already have it done but are awaiting apples next move on the 25th on how they will accommodate the MMS support.. hummm... what ever is coming up next is gonna be sweet !!

AT&T is definitely doing a scaled roll-out of MMS before the 25th. I've been trying all month to get my MMS working and it wasn't working earlier this week and then while I was in Tennessee this weekend visiting Mum, I got an MMS from my girlfriend's mother and I've gotten several others since then, including one from my friend just a moment ago. I've tried to send one to my g/f who is in central Kentucky right now on an iPhone 3G 3.0 jailbroken and she can't send or receive any MMS from me yet. I haven't tried sending to any other AT&T customers b/c all my family and friends are mostly Verizon stating how much AT&T's pricing sucks, etc. We've heard it all here at one time or another...

--EDIT--
    I live in Southern Illinois and the one I got from my friend (and he just got mine I sent to him) was sent from here. All other MMS messages were in reference to the Nashville, TN area.
    Last edited by TsukiakariUsagi; 2009-09-14 at 02:36 AM.

For those of you that have been doing the sim swap and changing the txt plan on at&t....is that changing upping your contract expiration date with at&t since it is a "plan change"?

Yay. After 3 years and $1100 on iPhone I can now text someone a photo.
    Last edited by skyote; 2009-09-14 at 07:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    For those of you that have been doing the sim swap and changing the txt plan on at&t....is that changing upping your contract expiration date with at&t since it is a "plan change"?
    No, you can change the service, the contract is just that you need to have service in general. I've upped and downgraded my minute plans too and that never has effected the contract.

ok cool, just wanted to make sure. I might still just wait it out. Looks like once they switch my account to messaging instead of iphone messaging it should be good.

oh well, i guess i wait until 25th. I did the sim swap and everything looks good but it just gets stuck at around the 95% and errors out. Checked on my att account and it shows Messaging 200 as current but still can't send. Aye.
    Last edited by Jayman11; 2009-09-14 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, i tried just about everything listed here and i still have no MMS, no big deal, I can wait a week and a half...

After i "reset all settings" i ran into a problem with my email, full story here

gurus, i could really use your help!!! thanks!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast