Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Thanks

here is my settings if its relevant to anyone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2009-09-11)

For all that need the ipcc that already has the settings or a guide on how to get it working go here and everything will be there

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    here is my settings if its relevant to anyone
    Thanks. Still didn't work for me though. I get the red ! and a message failed. Its just not flagged on my account on their side yet I guess. I have all standard iphone data and text plan.

We'll, I'll leave the settings and hopefully by the 25th it'll just kick in.

After following this thread my iPhone was NOT sending MMS messages at first. I decided to try it this morning and it looks like it's working. I'm using the [email protected] setting...

Thanks

Well I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! My MMS has been working on 3.0 smoothly since I set it up a couple months ago and hasn't messed up once. It's also sending the pictures out pretty [email protected] fast too, about the same speed as an SMS message so I'm satisfied with my setup.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Here In Ocala, Florida. Nobody i know has it. My bro or my girl dont have it yet. im still trying they cant recieve them yet either.my pic sends after 1 minute of hang time at 95% sent.

still messing with my settings

Unfortunately no luck for me in Vermont. I've tried every single .ipcc file and the various settings within. 3G coverage doesn't exist where I live, and apparently anywhere else in VT according to the AT&T coverage map so I wasn't able to test the Edge vs 3G. I have to thank Stealth for uploading all of those .ipcc fiels for us to try.

I'm stuck not being able to try the sim card switch as I am a new customer to AT&T and don't have an old phone. Also AT&T wasn't in Vermont for years so I don't really know anyone with an AT&T phone to borrow for a few minutes.

How many of the people getting MMS to work have a 3G vs a 3GS, and are old/new customers. Since I'm a new customer to AT&T it doesn't appear that I was lucky enough to get set up on just a normal txting plan. But with norther NY and various parts of NYC going online hopefully it'll happen here too. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    Unfortunately no luck for me in Vermont. I've tried every single .ipcc file and the various settings within. 3G coverage doesn't exist where I live, and apparently anywhere else in VT according to the AT&T coverage map so I wasn't able to test the Edge vs 3G. I have to thank Stealth for uploading all of those .ipcc fiels for us to try.

I'm stuck not being able to try the sim card switch as I am a new customer to AT&T and don't have an old phone. Also AT&T wasn't in Vermont for years so I don't really know anyone with an AT&T phone to borrow for a few minutes.

How many of the people getting MMS to work have a 3G vs a 3GS, and are old/new customers. Since I'm a new customer to AT&T it doesn't appear that I was lucky enough to get set up on just a normal txting plan. But with norther NY and various parts of NYC going online hopefully it'll happen here too. *crosses fingers*
    i forgot about the change sim card. so i tried it with my dads razor. i made a couple phone calls i waited i sent a text and now im back. lets see if it worked. i hope i did it right............................................. . nope it didnt work. should i reset my network settings?

yeah mine goes through almost as fast a SMS message on both networks, its still working smoothly !! I'm using the identical settings that Z3r01 posted.. i'm in the metro area as well.. no need to update the 3.0 firmware since i'm jailbroken and it hasn't given my any headaches.. SMOOTH SAILING !!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBoss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    i forgot about the change sim card. so i tried it with my dads razor. i made a couple phone calls i waited i sent a text and now im back. lets see if it worked. i hope i did it right............................................. . nope it didnt work. should i reset my network settings?
    Did you sign up for medianet using your sim in your dads razor?
    Also did you send an mms with the razor?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoss View Post
    Did you sign up for medianet using your sim in your dads razor?
    Also did you send an mms with the razor?
    no i heard nothing about signing up for medianet and no i didnt send an mms.

just sent a pic from my dads phone with his sim card to my iphone and i can receieve pics but i sent one to him and he got it but anyone who has an iphone dont get it. do they have to have the updated ipcc too? so if it works for me why is it so slow like other peoples are really fast?
    Last edited by Silverado87; 2009-09-12 at 12:33 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Being on an standard iphone data and text plan since the first iphone and then the 3G and 3G-s, they must have that mms opt out branded on my account.

Oh well. 25th isn't that far in a worst case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBoss's Avatar
    Thanks

no i heard nothing about signing up for medianet and no i didnt send an mms.
    Follow this link to another post where I have all the instructions that I did to get it to work and is still working.

HERE

just sent a pic from my dads phone with his sim card to my iphone and i can receieve pics but i sent one to him and he got it but anyone who has an iphone dont get it. do they have to have the updated ipcc too? so if it works for me why is it so slow like other peoples are really fast?
    Yes other iphones have to be provisioned to receive them too.
    Are you running 3.0 firmware? Your profile says v2.2 so that could be a difference. I think it works at the same speed as my other phone it's just that you get to see the status bar which makes it seem long. I had a palm treo that when it sends an mms it would send in the background and I could keep on doing other stuff while it was sending an mms. If it failed to send it would tell me like 5 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Being on an standard iphone data and text plan since the first iphone and then the 3G and 3G-s, they must have that mms opt out branded on my account.

Oh well. 25th isn't that far in a worst case.
    Try the medianet steps I think it's what removes the mms opt out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBoss For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2009-09-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Updated the .ipcc file last week when this thread was posted, been trying every day to send pics...finally went through today...Hooray!

still no luck here in NYC ...tried this evening.

my mms just started working on wednesday all of a sudden i can send and receive im still on 3.0.1 i just cannot send em nor recieve em to my other iphone on my account i have a 3g[s]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juar3z View Post
    my mms just started working on wednesday all of a sudden i can send and receive im still on 3.0.1 i just cannot send em nor recieve em to my other iphone on my account i have a 3g[s]
    I'm sending pics/voice memos/Cycorder vids flawlessly between mine and my girlfriend's iPhones (albeit on 2 different accounts) here in Northeastern Ohio.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine and my sons MMS started working yesterday. We are in Catskill, NY. We are on 3.0 with the 5.0 carrier file..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Converted Pocket PC Guy

okay.. my mms works.. still on 3.0.0.. still on itunes 8.. but my text input area is different from anyone else it seems...

i have to be wary of where i type... if i type in the part that says Subject... the send button doesn't work.. i have to make sure i press under the line...weird...
    Last edited by tw1zt3d; 2009-09-12 at 06:03 PM.

^Go into your messaging settings and turn off "show subject field" and that should take the subject line away

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jetfuel495 For This Useful Post:

tw1zt3d (2009-09-12)

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast