Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Hi guy's and gal's. All i did was update the .ipcc via stelthbravo's thread only update the .ipcc then do the rest of this post http://modmyi.com/forums/t/565871-gu...-0-iphone.html then i updated my itunes to itunes 9 then updated to 3.1 and it works great on AT&T. [U]If you are unlocked and jailbroke and use a diffrent cell provider dont do this you will lose your unlock and jailbreak.[/U] If your AT&T and dont care if your unlocked and jailbroke try it this way it worked great for me and my wife's iphone's. Good luck Thanks a bunch stealthbravo
    Last edited by nwcorey; 2009-09-10 at 07:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

mine never worked on 3g. for what ever reason it works on edge. Dont know why, but it does.
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    mine never worked on 3g. for what ever reason it works on edge. Dont know why, but it does.
    My wife has a 3g working on edge also and it's working great.
    Last edited by nwcorey; 2009-09-10 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nwcorey View Post
    My wife has a 3g working on edge also and it's working great.
    Yeah its weird right? The whole MMS shenanigans is messed up. AT&T is bobblin the ball all over the place
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

Yeah its weird right? The whole MMS shenanigans is messed up. AT&T is bobblin the ball all over the place
    But it also works on the 3g network when she's at work the building she works in takes the 3g away and the edge comes on and works. Like i'm at home now and i never noticed till now but i'm conected to my wifi and its sending and receiving and i'm on the 3gs. Crazy stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    SMS and MMS are sent over GPRS... not Edge or 3G. This is why you don't have to have a data plan in order to send and receive them.
    I agree on that. There must be different restriction in their edge and 3g networks. Otherwise I would be able to send MMS on both 3g and Edge. I really wish I had tried this a month ago.
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    SMS and MMS are sent over GPRS... not Edge or 3G. This is why you don't have to have a data plan in order to send and receive them.
    Do you have iPhone text messaging or regular messaging?

Thanks

I have family unlimited. That still doesn't explain it operating on edge and not 3g.

update:

spoke to AT&T and the rep told me: "They have a horrible network and can't even handle the traffic created by normal phone calls. Its just awful. We really are an awful company. I hate my job..I can't take it anymore..."

Just before she hung up a I heard a gun shot and the phone went dead....I can only imagine she blew her brains out over the fact that AT&T is so awful...
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

I have family unlimited. That still doesn't explain it operating on edge and not 3g.

update:

spoke to AT&T and the rep told me: "They have a horrible network and can't even handle the traffic created by normal phone calls. Its just awful. We really are an awful company. I hate my job..I can't take it anymore..."

Just before she hung up a I heard a gun shot and the phone went dead....I can only imagine she blew her brains out over the fact that AT&T is so awful...

while funny, and i did laugh from that..

your post is a good place for me to complain about AT&T Customers.

People really are very very very hard on (thats what she said) cellphone carriers. And I do not understand why.
    If you think logically, as our blogger dude has told us, there is a LOT more to a phone call than hitting send.
    It bothers me sometimes how angry people get about calls dropping and losing signal, because put yourself in AT&T's shoes. There is a whole nation.... and with over 3000 cities... your city is roughly .0003% of the US, Puerto Rico, and the USVI.
    We dont live in a perfect world.

So as long as there are wars, injustices, walmarts that are not open 24hrs, depression, poverty, unemployment, and H1N1(or 2)... there will be dropped calls.

And that concludes my rant.

Last edited by yoTelefonoCuatro; 2009-09-10 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mine started workin to. im using a 3gs with 3.0 and the at&t 5.0 carrier file. heres the settings im using
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -settings.png  

reset your settings someone and see if it still works

Works in California now whooowhoo!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I reset my settings today and my phone has been stuck in safe mode. Can anyone help me?

Here's what I did to get MMS working on my iPhone 3GS and my wife's iPhone 3G, we've had MMS working since the 3.1 OS announcement yesterday.

If you havent installed the IPCC to enable tethering and the MMS options yet, then do this:

Step 1: Make sure you have iTunes 8.2 (not sure if this works with any other version)
    Step 2: I dont know how to do this on Mac, but on a windows computer, click Start and choose Run (or hit the windows button and R at the same time) and type in "command" without the quotes and hit enter"
    Step 3: Type this in, including quotes:
    "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

If your using a 64 bit operating system, type this instead:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Step 4: When thats done, download this file: AT&T IPCC File
    Step 5: Open up iTunes, connect your phone, and in the devices section select your phone. Hold down the "Shift" key and click the "Check for updates" button to do a manual update
    Step 6: On the new window there's a drop down box on the bottom right, clicking that will expose a second option to allow you to use a .IPCC file, select that and find and choose that IPCC file i had you download. You wont really see much happen after that but it will patch your phone.
    Step 7: Turn the phone off, and then back on.

Once the IPCC file has been installed (or if it was already installed), follow these steps:
    Step 1: Install SwirlyMMS 2 (not sure if this works with the first one)
    Step 2: Reboot your iPhone
    Step 3: Done! You can send and receive MMS normally without changing any settings in Swirly. You can send and receive messages through the standard "Messages" application that comes with the 3.0 OS (You have to send and receive MMS messages through swirly if your using an older OS).

After all that, i didnt modify any swirly settings, i left everything as is, never even went into SwirlyMMS and i was already sending and receiving MMS Messages. It scared me sending my first message because there was a long pause right at about 98% through sending an MMS before it would fail, but after installing SwirlyMMS2, that same pause is there but it still sends!

Also, i dont know if this affects it much but im also on a family messaging plan. I've tried swirly before and it would never work, but now it does. Im assuming that Snooper has been removed from AT&T in preparation for September 25th's MMS Activation process.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine just came on about 10 minutes ago... I'm in the St. Louis, MO area...

how did you know you had it? did you recieve a text? or just tried to send and recieve?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

just try it

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

torbo401 (2009-09-11), towboattrash34 (2009-09-11)

Holy f'ing crap it worked. It normally stops working after a reboot and AT&T realizing I have an iphone not my dumbphone. I'll have to wait and see how long this works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

check your online statement boys, mine shows 10 of 0 messages sent with a red line, I don't think this is good.

i tried 3g and edge.. still not working for me in philly.. i guess im gonna be one of the unlucky ones that have to wait until the 25th

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast