Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Awesome, got mine working. I used the settings above with the exception of mms proxy: I used 66.209.11.32 instead of 066.209.011.032 which I tried first and it would just hang forever. As soon as I made those changes and reset network settings I started getting mms's and now can send also.

This is all i did to get mine working:

1. update your .ipcc threw itunes 8.*.* http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-0-iphone.html fallow this to a -t- just to up date the .ipcc

2.Then update to itunes 9

3.Then update to 3.1

and it was working from there.....

I try to upload the ipcc file and I get the error:

"The iPhone "Zoti" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (0xE800003D)

I tried several ipcc files posted here.

I have iTunes 8.2.0.23
    OS 3.0 Jailbrken and unlocked
    Stelth.ipcc file
    At&t.ipcc file

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I try to upload the ipcc file and I get the error:

"The iPhone "Zoti" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (0xE800003D)

I tried several ipcc files posted here.

I have iTunes 8.2.0.23
    OS 3.0 Jailbrken and unlocked
    Stelth.ipcc file
    At&t.ipcc file
    Did you do this also?

How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2 in Windows.

Step 1: Quit iTunes

Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Enter in cmd then click OK

Step 3: Enter the following command into the Command Prompt window.

"C: \Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Step 4: Connect your iPhone and click to launch iTunes from your Start Menu.

Step 5: Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Shift key and click the Check for Updates button.

Step 6: Now you can now select your .ipcc file as it is not greyed out

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Check out the thread to solve errors

http://modmyi.com/forums/t/565871-gu...-0-iphone.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    Awesome, got mine working. I used the settings above with the exception of mms proxy: I used 66.209.11.32 instead of 066.209.011.032 which I tried first and it would just hang forever. As soon as I made those changes and reset network settings I started getting mms's and now can send also.
    Add me to the list of people who can (just today) send MMS. I saw this and figured I would give it a shot, and it looks like AT&T just provisioned my account because these settings didn't work the other day and today they did, for both my iPhone and my wife's.

I think they're sweeping peoples accounts and anybody with a hacked ipcc file will be able to MMS a little early, with a carrier update released through iTunes on the 25th.

That was a nice surprise though. Tried sending an MMS for the hundredth time, fully expecting it to not work, only to have it go through perfectly. I almost **** my pants.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Are At&t not already behind? Sprint is already on 4G. Just hurry up and get my MMS.
    word.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Check out the thread to solve errors

http://modmyi.com/forums/t/565871-gu...-0-iphone.html
    Using this thread I have managed to update the ipcc and I now have the camera icon but when I try to send a picture it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Using this thread I have managed to update the ipcc and I now have the camera icon but when I try to send a picture it fails.
    Same here.. I have done everything but the picture fails when trying to send :-(

I updated everything a few days ago and it worked once or twice, then I started getting the red Exclamation.

I still keep trying daily to see if it gets turned on for me, and low and behold it started sending today.

I was amazed, then as quick as it started working, it stopped again.

It's like they are playing with us.

Default Can I send MMS to another Iphone user that doesn't have this enabled?
    Can I send MMS to another Iphone user that doesn't have this enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    I updated everything a few days ago and it worked once or twice, then I started getting the red Exclamation.

I still keep trying daily to see if it gets turned on for me, and low and behold it started sending today.

I was amazed, then as quick as it started working, it stopped again.

It's like they are playing with us.
    I started to play around with my iphone and came upon something very interesting for those who cant get this to work. Try to send these MMS messages on Edge rather than 3G. It has gone through without red exclamation every time. I have sent an MMS to a coworker to see if it actually went through. Ill report back in a few.

Its works.... For those who updated and still getting the red exclamation point try to do it on Edge rather than 3G.
    Last edited by ckat238; 2009-09-10 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ckat238 For This Useful Post:

captjap (2009-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by ckat238 View Post
    Its works.... For those who updated and still getting the red exclamation point try to do it on Edge rather than 3G.
    Sigh... nope. Tried every combination of edge/3g, settings, resets, ipccs... everything but a SIM swap or a non-iphone text plan (which isn't available). Still nothing here. I suspect it really is pseudo-geographical, and unless you can do the sim or family plan thing, just have to wait until AT&T gets to us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MMS on edge network works but not on 3g
    MMS on edge i can verify this doe work to send and recieve. My account does nto work on 3g but does work on edge!! Wooo hooo!

Can I send MMS to another Iphone user that doesn't have this enabled?

I started to play around with my iphone and came upon something very interesting for those who cant get this to work. Try to send these MMS messages on Edge rather than 3G. It has gone through without red exclamation every time. I have sent an MMS to a coworker to see if it actually went through. Ill report back in a few.

GREAT SUGGESTION IT WORKS!! This should make it to the first post.
    Last edited by captjap; 2009-09-10 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

Works me for me on Edge also...

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i just switched to edge and tried again..... nothing

it hung right at the end for 30 secs or so longer than with 3g on like it was uploading it but bam... red !

Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    MMS on edge i can verify this doe work to send and recieve. My account does nto work on 3g but does work on edge!! Wooo hooo!

GREAT SUGGESTION IT WORKS!! This should make it to the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    Works me for me on Edge also...
    For you guys did it not work before on 3G?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

My MMS starting working today!!!!! Holy crap! I've had the AT&T 5.0 carrier file installed for a while now... turned my phone off for a few mins.. turned back on and now I don't get the failure error anymore.

No. It does not work for me on 3G, only edge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

SMS and MMS are sent over GPRS... not Edge or 3G. This is why you don't have to have a data plan in order to send and receive them.

Thanks

I never hated people but wanted to be them lol j/k dammit I want to send pics too via mms lol

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast