Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Quote Originally Posted by SaNcTuS View Post
    Hmm, has anybody talked to an AT&T and just told them that you want to change your text messaging plan to the normal type? Without having to go through the hassle of changing the sim card?

Also, can anyway please provide me with the number to call AT&T where I can possibly get this fixed? I'd look for it myself but I'm about to head out to work and I'm gonna try to call at&t when im on break at work. :S

Thanks for the help guys!
    1) Good luck with that. If you have an iPhone you have to have the iPhone plan, meaning they wont change your message plan to allow MMS no matter what messaging plan you choose.

2) 611 from your cell phone, but again, don't waste your time trying to convince them to add MMS. They wont do so unless they think you're on a different phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    My wife just sent this to me...
    [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img197/img0240.png/1/]
    how do u get the pop up to show the picture? mine just says i have a text message

Thanks

Settings > Messages > Show Preview (on)
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Ok i'm going to walmart to buy a phone. I have done everthing but take my sim and put it in a diffrent phone. will let you know how it goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by nwcorey View Post
    Ok i'm going to walmart to buy a phone. I have done everthing but take my sim and put it in a diffrent phone. will let you know how it goes.....
    That doesn't just make it work. You'll have to call at&t and tell them you bought a new phone and want to enable mms on it. They'll probably ask for the IMEI number like they did for me. Just throwing your SIM in a non-iphone doesn't make it work. If the plan doesn't change you're still in the same boat as many others.

Thanks

You need to put your sim into a new phone though and THEN call AT&T.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Buy another phone just to try the sim swap?!?! Jeez... It's only 2 1/2 weeks away!!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

So when resetting, you guys are going to setting>general>reset>reset network settings, right?

Man this sucks walmart only had one cell phone on the rack for AT&T and it was $99.98 this suck o-well maybe in 2 weeks lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    So when resetting, you guys are going to setting>general>reset>reset network settings, right?
    Yes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2009-09-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Anyone north of Philly/NYC have MMS working
    Everyone I've seen that has MMS activated is not in the northeast. Farthest I've seen people posting they have MMS working is NYC/Philly. Anyone in the Boston area have MMS working? I live in the Boston area and have not seen anyone on these boards post and say they have it working in my area.

Anyone in the Minneapolos area have working MMS?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Check AT&Ts website
    Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    i checked and they didnt so now im goin through stealths thread again
    Login to your online account and see if under features it says iPhone messaging or Messaging with what ever plan you chose. Then you'll know if they changed it. I did mine online without putting the sim in another phone I just took it out went to my account changed my device from an iPhone 3GS to I didn't see my phone and then changed my iPhone messaging unlimited plan to just a Messaging plan unlimited my iPhone data plan stayed the same but now I've been able to send MMS messages 12:46am 9/06.. I've even rebooted my iPhone. They did however within about 10min. change my device back to an iPhone but my Messaging plan stayed the same.. Maybe I got lucky..

Thanks

wooo..better late then never..cant wait..but wait AT&T is going to make me add this to my plan so they can have more$$$$..dam you AT&T!! i hate u..but i love my 3GS..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    wooo..better late then never..cant wait..but wait AT&T is going to make me add this to my plan so they can have more$$$$..dam you AT&T!! i hate u..but i love my 3GS..
    It will be here soon enough

Where is my SPAM buddy?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It will be here soon enough

Where is my SPAM buddy?
    So do you guys think they'll charge more for this? Again I still don't see why they would besides the fact they can and most of us would still pay unless a free way came along. This goes back to my thought on way they've been blocking us from sending MMS to each other which cost them less as most have AT$T then it does for us to email, upload to facebook, twitter, mobile me,....etc pictures to external apps/sites and email.

Thanks

I think it falls under your messaging plan.
    If they do charge extra for MMS then changing the plan to a regular messaging plan will work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It will not cost more $$$

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's my assumption

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

For everyone thinking they have to call AT&T to setup MMS, there's no need for it. All you have to do is install the AT&T ipcc in iTunes, restart your phone and you're good to go. Go search on youtube for instructions how to do so. I've set it up on 3 phones so far, and it works perfectly. You can receive video messages from other phones too, it's not restricted to iPhones. BTW: The MMS is part of a standard text messaging plan. You're not required to get an MMS plan, and it acts as a normal text message. Maybe that's a constellation for the two years of wait time
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

22. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

slayorktc (2009-09-08)

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast