Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

Just tried like everything.. the 5.0 ipcc, switching out sim cards.. changing the plan while I had my sim in an old phone.. fail. Keep getting the red !

What's the difference between the 5.0 and yours, StealthBravo?

so for the sim swap, i just take my sim card put it in another phone that sends picture messages, send a few and then put it back in my iphone and it should work?

Omg finally works!

Until AT&T provisions your account for mms, there's nothing you can do to get it to work. Just to prove that to myself, I went to the AT&T website (yes, I've tried changing devices on the site, no dice). I removed my messaging plan altogether which defaults to pay-per-use, saved my choices, got confirmation, and mms started working IMMEDIATELY. Went back and re-selected my messaging plan, and of course mms stopped working. Conclusion: my settings are correct, AT&T hasn't provisioned my account for mms.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the bottom line is when some people got there phones, whoever setup there plans set them up with a regular messaging that's why all they had to do was upgrade the .ipcc file and it worked, others got lucky and had someone switch it for them later. I must have gotten lucky by changing my device to the "I don't see my device", maybe they caught on to that now or I just got lucky. Mine did change in about 10mins ask Stealth he called it.. But that was a couple days ago and I'm still MMSing..

I was thinking AT&T's excuse for not allowing mms because of network congestion is BS. Think about all the apps you can upload photos to like facebook, twitter and mobileme which are outside their network. Which cost them more then in network transfers. Thoughts?
    Last edited by zakkman28; 2009-09-07 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how to download??

Since you're gonna be so vague, I can only guess you're referring to the ipcc?!?! Read back a few pages and you'll find what you're looking for. Very well thought-out first post, by the way...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
    What's the difference between the 5.0 and yours, StealthBravo?
    I made the 5.0 one back in April. The newer one just has different settings that might work too.

Quote Originally Posted by thu6 View Post
    just curious, do you have a text messaging plan ? cause me and my wife's iphones are on one accnt. only difference in our plans is she has the 200msg text plan while i dont have a plan. i just pay per use.

i got her mms up with np. just a matter of getting 5.0 on her phone. my phone on the other hand. no-go no matter what.

just wondering if the guys here that dont have it up actually dont have text plans themselves.
    I have the unlimited iPhone texting plan. Still trying to get somebody's spare AT&T phone for an hour. Maybe I'll get some luck with someone at school tomorrow.

I've had MMS for a few months now, but then it stopped working for a few weeks, and just yesterday I got full functionality back.
    ================================================

================================================

Thanks
    Still working!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    try running this ipcc
    ATT_US_Stealth.ipcc

Last edited by Rescuer; 2009-09-07 at 07:11 PM.

last night i changed my texting plan to the regular one, then i put the sim in my 3gs and it worked, i woke up and now it doesnt,y not?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    ATT_US_Stealth.ipcc

lol

Thanks

They might have caught on and changed it back for you
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    They might have caught on and changed it back for you
    i checked and they didnt so now im goin through stealths thread again

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I don't know if this will help you but i would call at&t and ask them to put you on an "unlimited multimedia messaging and data plan" for the iphone. When i first signed up for at&t the rep added unlimited text and data but later on i had called to add mms features...well tried too. The lady said that i had the wrong messaging plan for my phone and stated that i needed an mms and data plan. so later on i just added the at&t ipcc file and it works fine now. But it didn't start working until yesterday. Hope that works for you.

btw the correct apn settings are as follows:

apn= wap.cingular
    username = [email protected]
    password= CINGULAR1

mmsc= mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy= 66.209.11.32

Good luck to you!
    When I first put these settings in it didn't work, so I reset my network settings, and when it rebooted the username and password was missing, yet now it works. lol

Hmm, has anybody talked to an AT&T and just told them that you want to change your text messaging plan to the normal type? Without having to go through the hassle of changing the sim card?

Also, can anyway please provide me with the number to call AT&T where I can possibly get this fixed? I'd look for it myself but I'm about to head out to work and I'm gonna try to call at&t when im on break at work. :S

Thanks for the help guys!

After all the stuggling that I have been going through with the stupid MMS thing, my buddy calls me (with an unjailbroken iPhone 3g) and wants to be able to tether. So I remote into his machine, upload the IPCC 5.0 file to his device, and get the below text after...ain't that a kick in the balls!

Is my girlfriend the only one that gets mad at me because I spend too much time with my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by IphoneLurch View Post
    I am an at&t employee and figured out how to get mms working so i thought i would share.
    Three Easy Steps

1.Download and install the hacked carrier settings file ATT_US.ipcc that were posted here a few months ago to enable tethering and mms.

2. Visit help.benm.at/help.php on your iphone and download the mms provider settings for at&t US.

3. Go to a local at&t corporate store and ask the at&t rep to add feature "pic/vid hybrid" listed as a miscellaneous feature, they may or may not do it so if you know a rep it would help.

Make sure you power cycle your phone after these steps and voila, MMS is enabled

This has been tested on several iphones and it works.
    My wifes friend works at a corp office she could not get this added on. I have a family plan with unlimited text........

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast