Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

i was working fine for the last two days, but the camera icon disappeared and I can not get it going again
    Is my girlfriend the only one that gets mad at me because I spend too much time with my iPhone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    I'm on my 3GS, 3.0 FW: After I installed the 5.0 ipcc file and called at&t and told them I was on a different phone to get the MMS enabled, I went into to settings>general>reset>reset network settings and after the phone rebooted it was able to send and recieve MMS. Did ya try that yet?
    Thanks. I tried that and MMS started working over WiFi. Before, it worked while I wasn't connected to WiFi, but when I was connected I would get an error. Resetting network settings fixed that problem.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I managed to get mms working but for some reason certain iphones are not getting it. I managed to send an mms to my dads motorola and he received it, managed to send it to my friends black berry she got it, sent it to my friends iphone he got it, I sent it to two of my other friends iphones and they did not get a link nor a picture. The message was never sent at all. any advice?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    I managed to get mms working but for some reason certain iphones are not getting it. I managed to send an mms to my dads motorola and he received it, managed to send it to my friends black berry she got it, sent it to my friends iphone he got it, I sent it to two of my other friends iphones and they did not get a link nor a picture. The message was never sent at all. any advice?
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Thanks. I tried that and MMS started working over WiFi. Before, it worked while I wasn't connected to WiFi, but when I was connected I would get an error. Resetting network settings fixed that problem.
    Glad to hear!

Well, I have given up...tried every APN setting, tried every website suggestion, sim swapping (which only works for a few hours), changing my default phone on att to an unknown device (which switches back in 5 minutes). I have the unlimited messaging plan as well. So whats another 20 days right? If anything, the phone got restored a half a dozen times which it needed eventually anyways.
    Is my girlfriend the only one that gets mad at me because I spend too much time with my iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default works on my 3GS not my 3g
    MMS works perfect on my 3GS ...all I had to do was update the .ipcc and has been working for weeks.

I haven't been able to get it working on my 3G for more than 5 minutes before AT&T resets the "my device" back to the iphone on their website.

hey fellas, after i updated carrier settings to 5.0 i lost both voicemail and ability to send mail from mail.app

thanks to SB i picked up on which apn settings to enter for voicemail. was set previously to wap.cingular

now under Cellular Data is also shows wap.cingular as APN
    this what i need to change to get my mail working again? if so, change to what?
    Last edited by thu6; 2009-09-07 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

try running this ipcc

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    Well, I have given up...tried every APN setting, tried every website suggestion, sim swapping (which only works for a few hours), changing my default phone on att to an unknown device (which switches back in 5 minutes). I have the unlimited messaging plan as well. So whats another 20 days right? If anything, the phone got restored a half a dozen times which it needed eventually anyways.
    I don't know if this will help you but i would call at&t and ask them to put you on an "unlimited multimedia messaging and data plan" for the iphone. When i first signed up for at&t the rep added unlimited text and data but later on i had called to add mms features...well tried too. The lady said that i had the wrong messaging plan for my phone and stated that i needed an mms and data plan. so later on i just added the at&t ipcc file and it works fine now. But it didn't start working until yesterday. Hope that works for you.

btw the correct apn settings are as follows:

apn= wap.cingular
    username = [email protected]
    password= CINGULAR1
    mmsc= mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy= 66.209.11.32

Good luck to you!
    Last edited by hollow0; 2009-09-07 at 06:55 AM.

hmm i get an unknown error when trying to update with your file.

perhaps cause i ssh'ed this previous 5.0 in?

ok, did the settings/reset/network and everythings back. though i did have to manually enter acds.voicemail again.
    Last edited by thu6; 2009-09-07 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks

Sometimes it messes up the ownership/permissions of your carrier folder.

If you are getting:

“iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. An unknown error occured (0xE800003D)”

Then SSH to your iPhone and change permissions in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/ folder.

Type this in terminal:

chmod a+rw -R /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

thu6 (2009-09-07)

ahh gotcha, yea im sure that's what it is...

ty. let me jump right in and get that out the way.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    try running this ipcc

whats different in this one?
    w/e, ill try it. got nothing to lose.

I've had MMS working for over a month now, and I'm not jailbroken! Just did the carrier file thing, put my sim in another phone, made some calls, put the sim back in the iPhone, and badda boom badda bing!

Thanks

It's the latest and greatest

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It's the latest and greatest
    I'm crossing my fingers. I've tried to get MMS on my iPhone for months now.

Moment of truth. Drum roll please.
    No dice. *sigh* I think i'm gonna have to wait until the 25th like the rest of the suckers.

Thanks

Not too much longer to go

Quote Originally Posted by SaNcTuS View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers. I've tried to get MMS on my iPhone for months now.

Moment of truth. Drum roll please.
    No dice. *sigh* I think i'm gonna have to wait until the 25th like the rest of the suckers.
    just curious, do you have a text messaging plan ? cause me and my wife's iphones are on one accnt. only difference in our plans is she has the 200msg text plan while i dont have a plan. i just pay per use.

i got her mms up with np. just a matter of getting 5.0 on her phone. my phone on the other hand. no-go no matter what.

just wondering if the guys here that dont have it up actually dont have text plans themselves.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast