Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xchemical View Post
    Visual Voicemail
    APN: acds.voicemail
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    This worked for me:

1) Uploaded IPCC file.
    2) Rebooted
    3) Put the settings above.
    4) Rebooted
    5) MMS & Tethering Working.

Specs:

- iPhone 3G Black (FW 3.0.1/8GB)
    - Provider: AT&T (iPhone with Data Plan <- Added as an additional line to my regular family plan - using family unlimited text plan)

P.S. - Just did this on my step-dads iPhone with same specs and worked flawlessly. (another iPhone in our regular family plan).

Thank you very much. I will report back after I try it on 3 other iPhones at work tomorrow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's what I did then I went to view details of my account then manage features then under iPhone unlimited data plan the first option is highlighted Messaging Unlimited. One thing you might want to try is remove your sim card while you do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Roommate View Post
    This sounded promising... but "Unknown/Other" wasn't an option for me in the drop downs. I tried clicking "I don't see my phone", and it put up some generic flip phone picture - but my text message options were still all iphone plans.
    The generic flip phone is what came up for me as well..
    Last edited by zakkman28; 2009-09-06 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nope, just the three iPhone messaging plans even though it shows a non-iPhone as my device. Are you on a family plan? That seems to be the key to getting the other messaging plans to appear. I don't have a family plan, just me.

Also, I did take the SIM card out before doing all this, didn't make a difference.
    Last edited by Roommate; 2009-09-06 at 05:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's what I thought was going on it seemed to be people that had family plans that had one non iphone. But I do not have a family plan just me. Did you try taking out your sim card then going through the steps?

Yeah, had the sim card out the whole time. Doesn't seem to matter - whenever I log out and back in to the webpage, the device is reset to iPhone, even with the sim out the whole time. They're on to me!

Tempted to go buy a burner just to do the sim swap, then I come to my senses and realize 3 weeks isn't too long to wait, considering how long I've gone without already. But it would be nice for one of these little tricks to work.

Thanks

i changed mine to the unknown phone, and it still only showed "text messaging" plans

i'll have to put my sim back into my v180 and do the whole procedure again to get the "messaging 200 $5.00" to show up again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    doesn't work for me. I tried to change the messaging plan, but I get an error message "F922: We apologize as we are unable to offer this feature at this time."

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ that sucks, I don't know why.. I had contacted the office of the president of AT&T by email, they called me and the lady was mean as hell. I did threaten to jailbreak anyones phone for free and advertise that on the internet so they could switch to T-mobile in my email. I told her that I was a developer working on a project and I needed it for my job. She put notes in my account saying no matter what do not turn this on for me LOL.. So I kept calling CS 100 times then even when I found someone that knew what to do to fix it they eventually saw those notes and said they'd loose there job if they turned it on.. So for me the I get more satisfaction out of it working early, kind of like giving her the finger.. Otherwise it's only a couple weeks.

So you don't see the "Messaging Unlimited" plan it was the recommended one when I did it right under the iPhone data plan, it was even highlighted.. Maybe they caught on..

Again this is the email confirmation I got..

The following changes were made using myWireless Account:

These features will be added to:
    Messaging Unlimited - $20.00/month
    These features will be removed from:
    iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited - $20.00/month
    Last edited by zakkman28; 2009-09-06 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Man, I've tried everything I can think of to get this working and nothing yet. I've updated to the 5.0 ipcc file and have the option to send MMS, but no combination of settings that I've found on the Internet will work.

I'll keep trying...and probably **** my pants the first time it actually works. Even after Sept. 25th...
    I'm on my 3GS, 3.0 FW: After I installed the 5.0 ipcc file and called at&t and told them I was on a different phone to get the MMS enabled, I went into to settings>general>reset>reset network settings and after the phone rebooted it was able to send and recieve MMS. Did ya try that yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ boy did you get lucky..

Thanks

i put the sim back in my v180, it's been 20 minutes, and the media net online keeps saying my phone is not supported, and my att online account shows the iphone still

yesterday it updated in only a minute. i've already made quite a few calls, sent a text, etc. can't access media net on the phone

wonder why it's taking so long now

Quote Originally Posted by zakkman28 View Post
    ^ boy did you get lucky..
    The girl on the phone questioned me like she was a German Gestapo agent. "Soo, how long do you think until you replace zee broken iPhone hmmm?" I was like what?! What makes you assume I want to replace it? I'm calling on a new phone (lies) that I just bought (more lies) and want to use all the features that I'm paying for. I literally told her "I want the iPhone plan dropped, and MMS added to my account so I can use this new phone. If this is too difficult for you to do then we can close my account and I'll go to T-Mobile". That pretty much motivated her to change my account after I gave her the crappy phones IMEI number. I still can't believe she asked me how long it would be until I replaced my iPhone. wtf?! AT&T is the worst service provider I've ever dealt with. They're arrogant, rude, and just plain stupid when you ask them basic questions about doing something on your phone and they say "no, that's impossible, can't be done", and then you return a week later and show them it CAN be done and they just look at you like a deer caught in headlights. I can't wait to call back on the 25th or 26th and say "I'd like to change my plan back to the iPhone one, and here's the IMEI number". Hopefully they'll be like "wait, you said you broke this phone. You lied?", and then I'll say "Yes, I lied, and you said MMS would be activated by the end of summer, so I guess we're even". What can they do? Close my account? haha! Please! I'll go right to T-Mobile with my jailbroken iPhones.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Make sure AT&T didn't remove the iPhone data plan or you will lose visual voicemail

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I even changed my device to the tilt just to be safe, but when I signed out and back in to my ATT account I end up again with the iPhone... my phone is off and the sim is out of the device... no luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    wtf?! AT&T is the worst service provider I've ever dealt with. They're arrogant, rude, and just plain stupid when you ask them basic questions about doing something D
    Try calling comcast

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Make sure AT&T didn't remove the iPhone data plan or you will lose visual voicemail
    I don't care about Visual Voicemail, since I NEVER use it. The only calls I ever miss are done so intentionally, and with iBlacklist there isn't anyone else that I'd care to leave me a voicemail. I can do without an option I never use anyway until the end of the month.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lerry View Post
    I even changed my device to the tilt just to be safe, but when I signed out and back in to my ATT account I end up again with the iPhone... my phone is off and the sim is out of the device... no luck
    I've had my sim in my other phone for going on 30 minutes now, it still hasn't changed

i think they caught on and are making it more difficult for the account to switch to the other phones

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

ok, I was just warning you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's ridiculous I don't even use that feature that much, but what aggravated me is that I'm paying for something I'm not getting not to mention the fact that my phone is $700 and you can get one for free that can do this. To me that insanity.. I don't know about anyone else but even when I would get a link to a picture message I would login and still couldn't see the picture it was a circle with an arrow in it..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zakkman28 View Post
    It's ridiculous I don't even use that feature that much, but what aggravated me is that I'm paying for something I'm not getting not to mention the fact that my phone is $700 and you can get one for free that can do this. To me that insanity.. I don't know about anyone else but even when I would get a link to a picture message I would login and still couldn't see the picture it was a circle with an arrow in it..
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZldHDOCNgo]YouTube - The Rascals-It's a Beautiful Morning[/ame]

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast