Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Apple iPhone Unlock Possible!?!

Quote Originally Posted by drummer10630 View Post
    There is a place here in Manila that reflashes a chip inside the phone for you, and then the phone is permanently unlocked whatever FW you flash. Connect to Itunes, download apps, whatever. Price about $80.00
    Pare,... mahal na naman!? I heard Globe iPhone units in there are already Unlocked? Friends told me they can use Smart/Globe SIM right OTB iPhones!
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

My one year old 3G is like that: I asked the carrier for the unlock and a few minutes later connecting to iTunes caused the unlock to happen.

There is one interesting thing here: it must be done everytime the baseband is updated, so it's a software unlock from Apple and it is reversible, so it's not a "true" unlock.

Default Office of presidence
    I am from Canada and I have just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with starting with APPLE and the person I was speaking with was of great help and provided me with some NEWS.

There are AWARE that this can be DONE and they have a FILE on their internal system (apples system) called (APPLE KB, EM231) Emerging issues.

to further continue I was then transferred to ROGERS IT/CS and the guy was a F-ing moron, however I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with him, and got nothing till I got pissed off and asked to go higher, he then transferred me to (OFFICE OF PRESIDENCE) I spoke with her. However I am with FIDO and not ROGERS even though they emerged (idiots I know), so from there I got transferred to FIDO'S OFFICE OF PRESIDENCE, I have left a message for the person to contact me regarding this issues and am awaiting their response.

I can confirm 110% that apple is aware(f-ers) if you want to find out more just call up apple and provide them with (APPLE KB, EM231) let up all know your progress to further help us.

Default too easy
    guys,as too easy to replicate. check out my utube link eland27. I unlocked my fathers 3Gs via itunes easily. Ill do it again if anyone complains about the quality but i was using cycorder from my 3G. enjoy!!!

eland28

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

id still want a jailbroken phone only for he purposes of changing the theme and such

Quote Originally Posted by eland26 View Post
    guys,as too easy to replicate. check out my utube link eland27. I unlocked my fathers 3Gs via itunes easily. Ill do it again if anyone complains about the quality but i was using cycorder from my 3G. enjoy!!!

eland28
    why not explain here in detail how you did it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

eland27 How then can we get the file to do the same thing? The .IPCC can't be that big... Any way you might be able to be nice and let e copy out? Just a question... If it's there... It will be out sooner then later, now it's in the light a bit more.. But you could be the hero, and make a lot of us happy...

And as far as people losing there ****.. You can always JB to get Cydia, and get your apps back.. Let the factory unlock take place, and go from there.. Maybe this will stop some of the laggy, and working code, and speed up our phones... Just a little... I know as memory goes, I can use more in my 3G, and if I dont have to use Ultrasn0w.. thats more memory.. Among others..

thanks for your kind words!! I hope to see someone get the copy, and release!!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Same in France, with Orange. After being on a contract for 3 months, they give you the option to unlock it, though you'll still be paying your contract. This applies to both 1 year and 2 year contracts, again you choose which contract you have. I have the year one and pay about €5 more a month; all about the choice and options!!

It's to do with the Euro Anti-competitive laws. Euroland is lot more free when it comes to mobile telecoms.

YouTube - eland27's Channel

Yeah, great! How about sharing!

What is it? Is it the itunes version? Is it the location? Bypass?

If it's just itunes, shouldn't be any problem to get a european version.

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    eland27 How then can we get the file to do the same thing? The .IPCC can't be that big... Any way you might be able to be nice and let e copy out? Just a question... If it's there... It will be out sooner then later, now it's in the light a bit more.. But you could be the hero, and make a lot of us happy...
    Yes, I second this. It would be so great if you could perminantly unlock your phone with just an IPCC file and not have to worry about waiting for the next redsnow before upgrading to the next firmware. Please upload this file so we can try it.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It is too bad ATT's visual voicemail has been acting up since July and they have no ETA on the fix
    I've had my 3GS ince the very end of June and I only had a small problem twice early on with the voice mail counter not decrementing/clearing, but that cleared up after deleting all vmails (I could then undelete and it was fine again.)

Maybe the issues you're talking about only affects or affected certain areas? I'm on the west coast and haven't had any problems with voice mail since.

Thanks

I have a fully unlocked G3 I bought in Hong Kong. I upgraded to 3.0 and it worked fine. I still jailbroke it. I missed many of the features jailbreaking gives you after upgrading.

An official unlock is nice, but jailbreak gives much more freedom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baralong View Post
    I thought this was common knowledge!?!

I unlocked my original iPhone 3G through my carrier (Optus in Australia), I was still in contract and they unlocked it with no ccost or drama. They said it could take up to a week, but it only took a few hours.

The have no problem unlocking a phone that's on contract as they still have the contract over you. My second 3G (after I broke the screen of my first and the non-apple repair guy stuffed it up completely) I bought on ebay. Officially unlocked by vodafone.

Check out ebay.comn.au and there are heaps. Starting at about US$1000

Yeah, I did this days after I got a 3G locked to Optus the same way. Just a phone call and then a carrier update eventually came down via itunes. Then bingo I could go use my Telstra sim card.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I thought people already knew how to do this

iPhone 3G and 3GS are sold standard unlocked in South Africa. Local legislation forbids network providers from network locking any brand of cell phone. So come buy one here, wont cost you that $1000+ that you pay for the same privilege in the US. ;-)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I thought people already knew how to do this
    Nope. It's not common knowledge in the US. No 'authorized' rep will say anything (maybe they don't even know ). Very few iPhone users even know they're getting the shaft, and for those few, it takes lots of research to find the keys. Lots of blab, little substance.

I haven't got time to read the whole thread so I apologise in advance.
    There was a page on Apple's site that listed model numbers and whether the phones could be officially unlocked. some countries can and others can't I thought that was common knowledge?
    It is not just carrier settings, it is linked to the model number and IMEI and Apple's servers - it can not be hacked.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default To sum it up:
    Every iPhone out-of-the-box is equal: neither locked nor unlocked.

When the iPhone is activated, Apple's database determines what kind of lock the individual device should have and sends an Activation Token that can only be used on that particular iPhone. The Token is encrypted and signed so it could only be forged by obtaining their private key. See Unlock - The iPhone Wiki for details.

Wether an iPhone will be locked or unlocked is completely up to the Carrier selling it. When a Carrier unlocks an iPhone, they tell Apple to update the record for that specific device. Next time iTunes checks for updates for your phone, it receives a new Activation Token.

There are quite some Carriers (most of them in Europe and SE-Asia), who decided to have no SIM-lock at all. The iPhone Activation Support Page lists those, and for the others it shows, wether an official unlock is offered. Again: this list represents the Carriers' policies to Apple's best knowledge and NOT limitations imposed by Apple or the iPhone itself.

Why is unofficial activation so much easier than unofficial unlocking?
    In both cases it is not the Activation Token itself that is patched, but the code that validates it. For activation the check is done by the OS, for the SIM-lock it is done by the baseband which is much more difficult to hack.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MacXperte For This Useful Post:

Mes (2009-08-23)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^ Thanks so much for this information.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast