Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom Turn by Turn GPS - $100 in AppStore Now

Quote Originally Posted by wakka102 View Post
    couldn't jailbroken Iphones just get this for free?....
    acually YES...but thats pirating not good and not aloud

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Navigon > CoPilot > TomTom > Sygic > iGo

Navigon - $69.99
    CoPilot - $34.99
    TomTom - $99.99
    iGo - $79.99
    Sygic - $39.99

After using TomTom for awhile, I am going back to Navigon. TomTom does work well but it lacks the nice UI of Navigon and CoPilot. I was expecting TomTom to have a nicer UI and easier ways of navigating thru the menu options. Copilot has the nicest on map POI (clickable), and all streets are easy to read. I am hoping that the next update from Copilot will fix some of its bug issues (keyboard mainly). Navigon has the easiest to use menus and map options. Navigon's Reality View and Lane Assistant put it on top of any other navigation app IMO.

Sygic and iGo are really crappy apps and are not even in contention for the top AppStore navigation app. My friend bought both of these and I laugh as it takes over a minute to boot up iGO. Sygic has really bad GPS reception.

Please post your reviews of these apps to help everyone pick the one that might work best for them.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-08-18 at 07:29 PM.

Worst application ever. Sygic works very well, and even says major highways and is very persistent with its directions. TomTom lacks in every aspect except POI.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    damn! i've been waiting for this and now it costs a CRAPLOAD!! guess i'm going to have to stick with my xGPS and the griffin windowseat, which i bought at TJ MAXX for only 9.99!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Navigon > CoPilot > TomTom > Sygic > iGo

Navigon - $69.99
    CoPilot - $34.99
    TomTom - $99.99
    iGo - $79.99
    Sygic - $39.99
    I believe that Navigon price is a sale price, normally $89.99, although I'm not sure if that would change your opinion.

Keep in mind Navigon has already released an update to fix the initial issues. TomTom hasn't had that chance yet. After a few months of updates, I think your ranking might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    one thing i've noticed is certain gps apps will have the popup asking you to use your location, and some don't.

navigon doesn't have the popup, it automatically uses the gps
    sygic doesn't have it
    gps kit doesn't
    motionX gps doesn't

tomtom does have the popup
    g-map drive does
    geocaching does
    Lies. They all have it the first two times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
    I believe that Navigon price is a sale price, normally $89.99, although I'm not sure if that would change your opinion.

Keep in mind Navigon has already released an update to fix the initial issues. TomTom hasn't had that chance yet. After a few months of updates, I think your ranking might change.
    I posted prices for everyone else but I don't mind spending $100+ on a navigation app as long as it works really good.

You are right, any of the apps have a chance to make revisions and add improvements. I just don't see TomTom changing their entire UI up. It's their UI that I don't like. TomTom does work the best as far as routing, rerouting, and start up times tho. I am glad there are so many navigation apps because the competition should allow for better improvements from all of them.

Can someone tell me after getting this will i use GPS for FREE?

Like NO wifi or Data connection and no extra charges?

Is it absolotely FREE GPS or does it involve costs (data connection, wifi, etc) ?

TomTom uses no data. In fact, with the car kit that's coming soon (that has it's own gps receiver), you'll be able to use this app on the iPod touch.

i like the navigon. thought TT is fast on locking GPS.
    what i like in navigon is the lane assist. its so awesome.

and the battery will last longer than navigon.

Can someone help me out with Navigon? I love the interface, but it's unusable for me. I live in Denver, CO and MAYBE 20% of the addresses I need are listed in there, and they have to be in there to use it! am I missing an option or something?

I was hoping TomTom would blow Navigon away, but sounds like I'm SOL

So what happens when you receive a call or a text message?

If you buy this app, you have to buy the windshield mount. Then you also have to buy a Bluetooth headset so you can talk on the phone without taking the thing out and putting it back in all the time.

Also keep in mind you are pretty much paying $70 for the software, the rest goes to Apple. That's a wasted $30 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I am hoping that the next update from Copilot will fix some of its bug issues (keyboard mainly).
    Please explain? What bugs have you found?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Please explain? What bugs have you found?
    In Quick Stop if you click restaurants it displays hotels, and if you click hotels it displays restaurants. I have had it crash a couple times when clicking on a POI. App doesn't prevent iPhone from going to sleep (you have to adjust it your settings). I can't figure out how to change your home location once its set. Sometimes it doesn't notify you of the turn coming up until you are already making the turn. Contacts function doesn't work unless it was saved from the Google Maps app. I always copy and paste my appointments into Navigon from my calendar app, this is not possible with CoPilot (which is a big issue for me). A lack of a qwerty keyboard is extremely annoying. Some times when I am driving on an access road, it will display me on the highway instead. All trip planing has to be done with a GPS signal. If you try to plan a trip indoors and then get in the car, it seems to have problems determining the new distance to POIs. CoPilot needs to get lane assist working also.

Just to name a few

Have you guys noticed with TomTom not once is there a insufficient Gps signal or no GPS signal? I dont even know what it reads when theres no signal

For that reason TomTom easily wins over Navigon, plus it reroutes with ease. Quality app.

Thanks

^ I have heard alot of people complaining about Navigon dropping GPS signals but I haven't had it happen once.

and navigon really surprise is the rerouting. its fast and very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by wakka102 View Post
    couldn't jailbroken Iphones just get this for free?....
    Haz Fail.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I prefer Navigon to Tom Tom also. as far as drooping signal I have found that as long as I let the app acquire signal before starting my route is works flawlessly and love the look of this app much better and the price too. Navigon FTW

will this work without the 3g network or you need to be connected to a network for it to run cause i have a 3g on t-mobile(no network)

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    will this work without the 3g network or you need to be connected to a network for it to run cause i have a 3g on t-mobile(no network)
    All the maps are stored on your phone. No data connection needed, just GPS.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast