Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox Defender for iPhone 3G / 3GS, One hell of a tough case (GIVEAWAY INSIDE!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    O-
    Gotta have one

Default Me likey mucho
    O-
    I like this case muchisimo. I drop my phone 4-5X per day. Seriously. I'm clumsy. This case would be a lifesaver. And a phonesaver.

Default O-
    O- I had the all white one the day I got my new iPhone 3Gs and my girlfriend stole it would love another one pweeze!! Lol. Best case by far. Dropped a few times. Each from atleast waste height on concrete and not even a scratch or mark on the phone. Only complaint the clip slowly loses it's grasp on the phone.
    Come on 32GB iPhone!!!!!! Please Apple, I have over 1,000 songs and let alone movies that hardly ever get to see daylight

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    A few days ago, I received the Otterbox Defender case for iPhone 3G / 3GS. I've heard many people saying it's extremely strong - but I don't believe before I see for myself. And this case lives up to the hype!

People call it a "tank" - and I agree, it actually is. The case is bulky for a reason - ultimate protection! Moreover, the company has succeeded to design the case in such a way that it feels much more slick. In fact, they've even slimmed down the packaging, which is quite different from the old 'box-type' I've seen in certain videos - pictures below.

It's really a chore to put this case on the first time. After that, it takes no more than a minute or so. They even provide instructions to put on the case. It's got a hard plastic body - two parts - and a real thick silicone cover to put over it for extra drop protection - it bounced for me even after dropping the phone from 7 feet! They also provide you with a holster clip which can be set at 24 different angles. The phone is placed with the other parts on with the face inwards and holds real snug in place, so tight that it becomes hard to remove let alone that the phone will ever fall.

The case itself looks really nice and feels nice in the hand. Everything is covered with the silicone on from the headphone jack to the dock connector. The case even has a built in camera protection and a screen protector, which works pretty well. The screen protector does give a watermark effect but it doesn't really bother me. Otterbox does provide a temporary solution:

The only other problem I faced was you need to insert your nail in to turn the silent mode on / off, as it's pretty recessed other than that, all is easily accessible. Overall, this case is a must buy at the price tag of $49.95 if you really need to protect your investment. It's available at Otterbox here in FOUR colors though they currently have ONLY black in stock.

Otterbox has been nice enough to provide us with TWO extra giveaway pieces! To enter, just let me know by putting a "O-" at the starting of your comment! The winners will be announced on 15th August at 5pm GMT. This contest is open to everyone and the case can be shipped WORLDWIDE! Please do not enter more than once.

P.S. This case is NOT waterproof... so don't even try. :P

This case helped in the use of this Youtube video

Check out this Video using the Otterbox Defender :[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDmhkz7Fmzo]YouTube - Iphone 3G s Demo Underwater[/ame]

O-
    hope i win!

Default O-
    "O-" I think i can trust dis one on my iphone!

yo lo kiero!!!plzzz

O-
    i have like 3 cases none of them really work i'd really like to try this

O- the giveaways on my birthday

O- I love trying my luck with these!

O- looks amazing!

O- That is an awesome looking case I really want one!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

O- This case looks fantastic. Would be a wonderful upgrade from my case!

O-
    Please, I want to win!

O-
    Yes, I want it also

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

O- Seems pretty great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

O-Otterbox, king of the otters, reigns supreme!
    kwickone I.T.H.

O- Wry hallo thar!

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast