Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases 3.0.1 Update! SMS Hack Fixed!

Seems that the security flaw is one that's been there all along until someone figured out the needed code to create a breach, similar to phishing. Not sure a firmware update would permanently close a breach. And it's not just the iPhone and Android. By default I do not accept messages from folks outside my contact list, we just have to be careful of what we receive and what we do with it.
    Last edited by metaserph; 2009-08-03 at 03:43 AM. Reason: typo

what if i set it up as a new phone. then restore from backup.

any difference?

Shermund, that is the reccomended way to do it to avoid battery drain issues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

shermund (2009-08-03)

Am I the only one who is getting bugs? For example, no option to turn on battery percentages =P

I read on another forum if you are using a mac, the process freezes when the phone is trying to boot from DFU mode,what you should do is to unplug and re plug in the phone and it will work. I had this issue with my unused 3g I sold yesterday. I could not jailbreak it, I just found this solution today but still have not tried on my 3GS I just have it to perfect, with 5 icon springboard and 5 icon rows, and Stacks V#........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chakraj For This Useful Post:

hpool (2009-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by shermund View Post
    what if i set it up as a new phone. then restore from backup.

any difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Shermund, that is the reccomended way to do it to avoid battery drain issues.
    That defeats the purpose. If you set the phone up as new, and then restore it from a backup later, it is the equivalent of restoring from backup in the beginning which can lead to battery drainage issues.

The reason you set the phone up as new is because there are a lot of corrupted files from your phone prior to the restore. We do not want to put these back on the phone so we start fresh and set the phone up as new.

If you restore it from a backup, even after you have set it up as a new phone, you are still transferring all the settings, files, etc from the same backup file that would have been used if you set up from a back up in the first place, hence defeating the purpose.

I am sorry but the answer to your question shermund is you should set up as new and then sync your files back on to the phone

@metaserph, I am sorry but you are mistaking
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My mistake then Melech. I took the "restore" to be the same as "sync back", which is actually what I do and what I was refering to. My mistake on semantics, just trying to help.

it doesnt work with my 3GS. first part is ok but it wont restart. been trying for 2 days now. anyone know of any other jailbreaking alternative other than redsnow 0.8??

Thanks

So far for 3.0.1 only redsn0w works.
    Are you on iTunes 8.2.1 or 8.2?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My guess is 8.21.
    If so downgrade to 8.20 as 8.21 causes problems with the 3GS
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I seriously doubt that the dev team will not release an update to redsn0w for this, however you are closer to them so you may know more. It would take them 15 minutes to change the bundle and update the SHA1 identifier.
    They probably will because it's "a little confusing to some" as MuscleNerd said.
    Have to look out for everybody.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Lucus when it freezes just unplug and re plug in phone and it moves forward

How would I go about doing this for my 2g Iphone, what Software would I use, pwntool, quickpwn, redsnow, ultrasnow? I D/L the firmware for the 2g iphone, just want to know the steps of doing this. Thanks.

Thanks

^Upgrade to 3.0.1 and use redsn0w and when redsn0w asks for an ipsw give it the 3.0 one.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    My mistake then Melech. I took the "restore" to be the same as "sync back", which is actually what I do and what I was refering to. My mistake on semantics, just trying to help.
    Just wanted to make sure you were informed correctly as well
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2009-08-04)

I was not aware that redsn0w 0.8 worked on the 3GS I was under the impression that the unlock for that was still a work in progress due out later this week

Thanks

haha. Nope, 3GS jailbreak has been supported for a little while now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

ozie888 (2009-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by JSkywalker217 View Post
    How would I go about doing this for my 2g Iphone, what Software would I use, pwntool, quickpwn, redsnow, ultrasnow? I D/L the firmware for the 2g iphone, just want to know the steps of doing this. Thanks.
    Down load OS 3 and OS3.0.1 restore in Itunes to OS3.0.2 using shift restore on windows and operations button restore on MAC it will install, use redsnow 0.8 when you get to the jailbreak/ unlock section follow the on screen instructions highlight OS3 as the firmware not 3.0.1 and let it do its stuff

Quote Originally Posted by aqan View Post
    thanks
    you also need to down load the 2 bootloader files, a full list as below
    iTunes 8.2 Mac/Windows Download here
    RedSn0w Mac/Windows/Linux Download here
    iPhone Firmware 3.0.1 for iPhone 2G
    bl39.bin 3.9 BootLoader Download
    bl46.bin 4.6 BootLoader Download
    iPhone Firmware 3 for iPhone 2G

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast