Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases 3.0.1 Update! SMS Hack Fixed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake View Post
    can anybody Help ya boi out

Did you use Catagories before you updated and rejailbroke? If so,I believe I know how to fix this "issue"

Thank you to Crashx and BigBoss for getting 3G Unrestrictor back up and going quickly.
    Last edited by Tower72; 2009-08-02 at 08:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tower72 For This Useful Post:

Drizzy Drake (2009-08-02)

Are you all using a mac or windows? is there still a mac DFU problem. I couldnt get my 3g into DFU today. I have a mac

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    so do we really need to do this update? doesnt the hacker need your phone #? Is it ok if i just wait for the major 3.1?
    I think it is a waste of time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Drizzy Drake (2009-08-02)

^Agreed, I am not about to sit through updating and then modding my 3gs all over again because of some BS MMS Security ploy to trick Apple into paying $$$$ to patch the exploit. 3.1 will be out soon enough anyways....I will also stay on 3.0 for an entire year just to prove I never get hacked
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^ I concur .

Besides, why go thru all this when you know the dev team will be releasing an update for redsn0w.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (2009-08-02)

EXACTLY, Thank You! Some people amaze me....

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Default Hackulo
    Can't add hackulo source after upgraded to 3.0.1. Help?

Thanks

^ NO WAREZ SUPPORT ON MMI! This is a warning

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ I concur .

Besides, why go thru all this when you know the dev team will be releasing an update for redsn0w.
    Go through all what? Update to 3.01 in iTunes, run RedSn0w using 3.0 ipsw and away you go.
    You will need to reinstall Cydia apps but aptbackup helps with that and if you fork out $2 for PkgBackup you can just restore them.

RedSn0w will not be updated for this as it works fine with 3.0 ipsw.

I agree that the threat is minimal but if you do want to be protected it's not a lot of hassle to upgrade.

@Napoleon_PhoneApart - yes it backs them up and restores them so no need for the install package - sounds like another good reason for forking out a couple of bucks!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wootzeyung View Post
    Can't add hackulo source after upgraded to 3.0.1. Help?
    Hackulo source is a cracker repo.......
    No help provided here.....
    Ask hackulo site....
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Go through all what? Update to 3.01 in iTunes, run RedSn0w using 3.0 ipsw and away you go.
    You will need to reinstall Cydia apps but aptbackup helps with that and if you fork out $2 for PkgBackup you can just restore them.

RedSn0w will not be updated for this as it works fine with 3.0 ipsw.

I agree that the threat is minimal but if you do want to be protected it's not a lot of hassle to upgrade.

@Napoleon_PhoneApart - yes it backs them up and restores them so no need for the install package - sounds like another good reason for forking out a couple of bucks!
    I was talking about the fus of 3.0.1...IMHO it is not worth the trouble of upgrading for me when I hate winterboard so I ssh files into all the proper places to theme my phone. It takes me around an hour or more to set up a new phone so I will wait for a more substantial update.

Plus, I will not let redsn0w touch my 3gs, sorry confucious

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Did you use Catagories before you updated and rejailbroke? If so,I believe I know how to fix this "issue"

Thank you to Crashx and BigBoss for getting 3G Unrestrictor back up and going quickly.

Yes i had Catagories on my Fone and i have not re jailbroke my fone since updating to 3.1
    Last edited by Drizzy Drake; 2009-08-02 at 11:44 AM.

If I did everything manually I probably wouldn't bother either.
    I assume PkgBackup wouldn't back up manually SSH's items either - have you tried?

If you don't want to use RedSn0w that's your choice, no one is forcing you too.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

"to"^
    That was bugging me
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

@ Melech518 have you seen Geo's tweet
    3.0.1 isn't supported by ra1n, idk why. i recommend redsn0w. next geohot tool will be for ipt3+ra1nydayless 3GSes :-) 4 months

Lol, when a fifteen yo corrects your grammar we are all in trouble...No offense to either of you

@confucious, I havent tried it yet, Ill give it a shot tomorrow...I am way too tired now. I think the sun is coming up AHhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    @ Melech518 have you seen Geo's tweet
    Yeah I saw it yesterday...I might have to take the plunge, dont tell anyone shhh
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-08-02 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I don't think that's very fair because this fifteen year old can spell & write better than most adults.
    Language Arts is my best subject & writing has always been my passion.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I always get to and too wrong - but have just figured it out. Will not get it wrong in future. Sorry Angie.

And melech518 - she's not 15 yet. Nite.

LOL I was just giving both of you a hard time. And I know you are smart my little angie pangie

gnight you two

Thanks

too = also
    to = ... umm.. the other to but not two
    Is it different in "english" or something?

15 days and counting

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast