Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APPLE] Jaibreaking Breaks the iPhone, Ends the World

Thanks

Why do you completely ignore the fact that those firmware actually bought valid improvements and bugfixes? Oh I see; they must have stolen the concept of bugfixes as well...If f/w were made solely to foil your plans- why would you even upgrade your phone? on a 2G? Downgrade to 1.0. 3G? 2.0. 3GS? Stay on 3.0 firmware from now on as the incremental releases bring no improvements whatsoever and are there only to stop us.
    The jailbreaking community at is best is still a major minority of the TOTAL iPhone community. The "stolen" concept of AppStore allowed developers to build for the iPhone for the majority without having to jailbreak (many people can't). Quite ironically half of jailbreakers now jailbreak to- steal from these very same devs!
    a few days ago when Yourtube was released, I sat on an unnamed IRC channel and actually watched people tell pumpkin (one of the people responsible for jailbreaking their very phone) that "no mod is worth $2" and that they "cracked it with impunity". Some people even asked pumpkin himself for help on where to put the cracked mod! I asked those same people about Apple's opinion and they are also in the process of whining.

13- A new firmware with new features and improvements and a new phone. Both are dastardly plans solely to stop jailbreakers.
    I see no theory.
    Jailbreaking in the eyes of Apple and probably a lot of devs described below is just a medium to piracy so person x can get a little 59p /99c app for free.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-08-01 at 11:01 AM.

That's also going from the assumption this community is big.

Pro-tip: We're the very small minority when it comes to the iPhone. We just happen to be very vocal :P

Using some very broad and non-specific numbers from the Cydia stats page vs iPhone sales, the Jailbreaking community comes to a grand 2% of all iPhone users. But giving the benefit of the doubt, we're probably closer to 3-4%, but not over 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Quite ironically half of jailbreakers now jailbreak to- steal from these very same devs!
    The guys at Freeverse (Flick Fishing, Warpack: Grunts, Top Gun, etc) released some hard numbers regarding their games being pirated and it was harsh. Their least pirated game had a piracy rate of 50%. So half of the people playing that particular game were using a pirated copy.

And again, that was the LEAST pirated game. But this is a big company so they can take the hit. Don't even get me started on the little guys. Games like "The Little Tank That Could" albeit not a great game compared to some of the jewels of the store, was still fun decently priced time waster created by ONE guy. His reward? a NINETY-SIX percent piracy rate. In the first week he sold 45 copies but his online high-score tables showed over a THOUSAND different players.

There's a very good reason Apple goes against jailbreaking and it's not because of the extra stuff we can do. It's for one very serious reason: piracy.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2009-08-01 at 07:17 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Very well said guys
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Easy, Apple....easy... Don't be greedy. You've created the brightest cell phone on earth. Please beware, the darkness might have come even more closer.
    May the force be with you.

Default How to unlock iphone 3g Vr3.0.1
    I accidentely update to 3.0.1 my iphone is locked back. Would you please help me unlock it?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple should start allowing mods in the app store and not just apps. If iRealSMS could ever be in the app store, I wouldn't need to jailbreak.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    Next thing you know they are gonna say the iPhone contributes to faster Global Warming
    Wonder if Al Gore has an iPhone?
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Al Gore doesn't need a phone. He's wherever he's needed like some sort of mystical wizard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been a member here at modmyi for a little over a year. I've been jailbreaking since the day I bought my iPod 1G before jailbreaking became popular and now with my 3G and 3Gs jailbroken and unlocked and they are just now doing crap about it. even if it was illegal I would still do it because i've been doing it for so long it's all I know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WTH... Can't help but think they have said that to gain publicity and so sell more devices to be jailbroken!! Genius!!

Firstly, I work for O2 (the UK's official supplier) and jailbroke my 3G within a week of getting it, I've never looked back! As mentioned many times before if Apple were to leave the device open then we wouldn't need to jailbreak!

Secondly, I didn't get my 3G on contract, I paid for it outright on pay as you go and used my contract sim in it, this is allowed by O2 and also by Apple as I'm still an O2 customer. What I'm trying to say is that I forked out 350 of my hard earned cash so the device is MINE... not theirs... if I want to jailbreak or paint it pink with orange spots then I am free to do so!

Mmmm... rant over... I feel much better now!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If Apple really wanted to, they would design their firmware so that jailbroken phones would be disabled. We all know that they do have the technology to accomplish this. However, we all know they'd NEVER do it. I can understand everyone's frustration over what Apple has stated. It truly is a public relations nightmare for them. I think eventually all this will pass and they really won't care about it anymore. I didn't even get upset when I read this blog. On another note, have you noticed how most APPs in the APP store suck!!!!???? This is why I LOVE instalous. I get to try and if I like the APP I'll buy it. Well.. I can't remember the last time I bought an APP. It is a sad state of affairs when developers are getting rich by writing code for a program that makes fart sounds. Ok... I think I've said enough. Gonna go to a p p u lous (dot) us and see what's new. Later!!!

Thanks

^They can't take away your phone, that's theft and you could sue them for that.
    It just voids your warranty
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreaking broke my phone
    Ive gone through 2 iphones bc jailbreaking ruined my phone but dropping call (1 out of 3) and I 'd have to send SMS messages 3 time before they'd go through, I dont like supporting apple, but there has to be a easier safer way to jailbreak, until then I guess I"ll jsut jailbreak my 3rd phone and see how it goes

Thanks

The act of jailbreaking is really really hard to break your phone, it's what you do while you jailbreak (since you are given so much power) that usually does it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll stop jailbreak if they give me background processing, SBSettings, download plugin, a proper file manager, theme, and 3G-unrestrictor.

Oh, also allow free trials of all Applestore software for 3 days.

Dimishing battery life? Please just make it user replaceable so that I can carry spare battaries with me.

Apple, just listen to what the customers need, leave them alone to do whatever they want with their phone. The phones belong to the customers, not Apple's anymore once sold.

Quote Originally Posted by azxken View Post
    Actually I bought it on Craigslist for $600. It's a 3GS and still under warranty till June 2010. So I took it to apple store and they said it's an stolen iPhone... So I lost $600 right there...
    Yea you really did lose why was you trying to use warranty

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Actually I bought it on Craigslist for $600. It's a 3GS and still under warranty till June 2010. So I took it to apple store and they said it's an stolen iPhone... So I lost $600 right there...
    Thats sucks for you

Sorry to say it but I am calling BS

Apple doesnt know if your phone is stolen nor do they care! They arent going to take anything away from you either. The only place to report your phone stolen is to AT&T which records the IMEI number. Apple has no and I repeat no way of looking at AT&T accounts. They do not even know who is on each AT&T account, only the primary account holder. So to say you walked into apple and they knew your phone was stolen and took it from you is a load of it...sorry, nice story though
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^+1
    My BS meter was going off from the second I read the first post.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melech518 View Post
    sorry to say it but i am calling bs

apple doesnt know if your phone is stolen nor do they care! They arent going to take anything away from you either. The only place to report your phone stolen is to at&t which records the imei number. Apple has no and i repeat no way of looking at at&t accounts. They do not even know who is on each at&t account, only the primary account holder. So to say you walked into apple and they knew your phone was stolen and took it from you is a load of it...sorry, nice story though
    lmao. Xd

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast