Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard slowing you down? Enter Bosspaper!

Jeez, what a lot of confusion. It's not that hard to understand.

Bosspaper does NOT replace Winterboard; it does one thing, and one thing only, and that is to automatically rotate wallpapers, like a slideshow.

You still need Winterboard for theming everything else. Bosspaper just does the wallpaper rotation far more effectively than Winterboard can; it fills a special niche. The two apps coexist perfectly.
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

blah forget it, who would even kill precious battery life with a dumb changing wallpaper theme

fixed
    Last edited by pluto459; 2009-08-06 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    blah forget it, who would even kill precious battery life with a dumb changing wallpaper theme
    It's not dumb at all. It's for people that prefers to see different wallpaper at a preset time and not see the same wallpaper all the time. You must like more than one wallpaper, right? So instead of changing it manually, this program does it for you automatically. Also, it doesn't kill battery as when your phone locks, it stops rotating. How does that consume battery life?

when will this be out? not the beta one

Octember 32nd

Or when it has been tested properly, whichever is the soonest.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Big Boss. Nice app! Just what I needed.

I do like the BossPaper app very much however it would be nice to be able to toggle it on or off via SBSettings to save several key strokes to start the app, turn it off, etc.

Thanks

I've been using BossPaper since the 1'st of this month and I must say it is still running unbelievably smooth. I haven't noticed any extra battery drain or loss of performance do to the program either. This is truly a "top notch" application even in it's current (beta) state.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixelflash View Post
    To All The Noobs or Doorknobs:
    BossPaper doesn't affect Winterboard at all. You can still use any theme you like (ofcourse not the ones the rotates wallpaper or it will conflict with BossPaper) or any customization in Winterboard. What you have to do is setup Bosspaper to your liking and then you have to choose User Wallpaper in Winterboard. If you don't choose User Wallpaper in Winterboard, BossPaper will not work. I think that's pretty easy to follow.
    just what i was looking for! thanks. my springboard was acting laggy before i did this

Thanks

was working fine but had to delete by ssh as wen i try to chane wallpaper it keeps respringing as soon as springboard shows. try uninstall/ reinstall in cydia same thing happens

Green Apple
    Thanks

So Its ok to see Bosspaper listed in Winterboard? Cause when I opened Winterboard, Bosspaper is one of the first programs listed with a check mark next to it. Is this how its suppose to be?

Bosspaper looks pretty cool...makes me wish I use rotating wallpapers, but since I don't, no benefit to me. I'm sure it'll be great for those that need it, however.

Is it just me, or has no one mentioned that this is now out of Beta and V1.0 is available through cydia?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

A_DuB187 (2009-08-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Is it just me, or has no one mentioned that this is now out of Beta and V1.0 is available through cydia?
    Oh really? I hadn't even noticed but I haven't opened up Cydia in a while to check for updates either so thanks for mentioning it.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, it has been in Cydia store for a day or two now. I check the Cydia store for new update everyday and installed it the moment it first appeared.

I like it.

There is a free Applestore application called Background, with lots of very nice wallpaper that you can save to your camera roll. Then, you can use Bosspaper to pick those that you like.

Default This app is close to perfect.
    Is there anywhere to get help for BossPaper? I can’t get it to find any of my synchronized photo albums. I hate how the iPhone forces you to put everything in “Camera Roll,” and I don’t want to clutter it with wallpaper or photos of contacts, so I created my own folders before synchronization. Unfortunately, BossPaper doesn’t find any of these folders – and furthermore, finds the system Wallpaper folder even though it doesn’t exist per iPhone “photos.”

I know. I put all my wallpaper art in Camera Roll and just have to live with it. Since I keep all my personal photos on my laptop anyway, it works out for me.
    I have a lot of nineteenth century engraving an nice photos which I tweak and color using Tripping Fest, Artisan, or Brushes. It makes for really personalized wallpaper, which I love.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only reason I used Winterboard in the past is the background-option. Unfortunately, Winterboard made the phone laggy, and so last week I decided to change to BossPaper.

Oke, I know BossPaper is supposed to be fast, but really: my springboard is a lot more snappier with Winterboard! No fancy add-ons installed, only SBSettings... I'm on FW 3.1

The lag is killing me: is it supposed to cause (minor) dribbling of the springboard when sliding across my springboards? Or is this a 3.1 issue?

I can't imagine everyone being so happy with it while looking at what I see... Must be something wrong at my side :-)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine is trying to use this on his 16gb 3GS and it constantly resprings him to the lockscreen when he tries to open an app. He has tried it using only 2 images and it drops his RAM down causing the respring.

I have 19 pics rotating on my 32gb 3GS and it is smooth sailing. It is strange.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast